• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HERE IT IS - 1st Norfolk Incident

JeffersonDavis

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:
He wasn't on any bank steps and you know it.....The F'n bank is on the second floor and you know that too.......You are trying way too hard to excuse this behavior....If you are soooooooo scared of the public and their rights you really should resign........

He was in front of the bank... It makes no difference what floor. You can rob it even if is in the second floor.

You have the luxury of sitting back and not being in the line of fire. This is how you can boast that the police were wrong.

I would enjoy seeing how you would handle the situation and then watch you being attacked for your lack of knowledge and understanding. You are so trusting and I guess you see everyone aslaw abiding people.

I know that there are crazy people and criminals out there. You are too blind to see it.
He could have been in the building and NOT been in violation of ANY law..... He wasn't in a bank.............I would have handled the situation fine. You see I DO have a knowledge and understanding, that's why I would never be hired for a low wage job. For the record I would trust just about everyone until laws were broken. The only one I wouldn't trust is co-workers like you, I bet you really like ruffin'up the old lady's and kids.....
You would never make it in my job.. The criminals would eat you alive!
OOOOOOO, is that what you tell yourself, that you are really better then us? Nobody else could do this job cuz they ain't as savvy as you. Or is that what you and your pals talk about at the Dunkin Doughnut table..........Anyone could do that job, that's why the pay such low wages. Low wage= low skill.....High wage= highly skilled. Hell Norfolk PD had to reduce the math on their test to a 6th grade education so they had people to hire....

Ghettokracker71

imported post

SIGguy229 wrote:
Question: If Dan decided to get in his car and drive off (for whatever reason--tired of waiting etc)--then it would have been a felony stop, because only guilty people run, right? Then the police officers would have probable cause?

I'm just wondering where the line is between minding your business and obeying the law, and being "interviewed"/jacked up by the policewhen you are not breaking the law. Why should we "expect" to harassed?

But, take the scenario another way--if police officers were running with sirens and lights, and pull up on the scene and find Dan standing there vs having *his* gun drawn, don't you think common sense would lean towards "this is another guy legally open carrying"? Does it really dictate a search?

Seriously...I'm curious...

+1 . Feel free to become elected president and change the laws, in the mean time deal with the fact that those LEOs did not follow laws.

massltca

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:
I would getchargesfiled withthe Magistrate as soon as possible......

+1. Do EVERYTHING you can. Point out the fact that the police officer is unduly putting your life in danger by FOLLOWING THE LAW. Point out the mental anguish as part of being hassled and your new found fear of so-called law enforcmenet officers.
Wow that sucks, I hope you get some satisfaction when you go to court. Best of luck to you sir.

LEO 229

imported post

JeffersonDavis wrote:
OOOOOOO, is that what you tell yourself, that you are really better then us? Nobody else could do this job cuz they ain't as savvy as you. Or is that what you and your pals talk about at the Dunkin Doughnut table..........Anyone could do that job, that's why the pay such low wages. Low wage= low skill.....High wage= highly skilled. Hell Norfolk PD had to reduce the math on their test to a 6th grade education so they had people to hire....
Just saying.. after hearing you chat... you do not seem to know what your talking about and would never last a full shift without getting beat up by criminals.

Apparently, you would let them all go and fail to even stop them because as they walked away... they were law abiding.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:
Just saying.. after hearing you chat... you do not seem to know what your talking about and would never last a full shift without getting beat up by criminals.

Apparently, you would let them all go and fail to even stop them because as they walked away... they were law abiding.
As you say not everybody is law abiding,and as national statics prove time,and time again that behavoirs can be traced,and noted when somebody is a threat. Take noteo f the people hired specifically only to watch peoples behavoir in airport,and etc now a days...

Bubba Ron

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Lesson learned..... Do not hang out in front of a bank with a gun!! :lol:
You have no idea of where he was - he was ina squarein the middle of no fewer than four sky scrapers (very tall buildings) three of them were OWNED by banks - but NO banks, or even bank signswere on theground floor. Get the facts LEO 229 - this seems to be a problem with you guys - "Who needs facts? I AM THE LAW."

JeffersonDavis

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:

Yep. You are a true bad ass... I would get beaten up.....Tell the truth now are you really a cop or are you a security guard?

ON EDIT: how the hell did you hear me anyway?

les_aker

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
He was in front of the bank... It makes no difference what floor. You can rob it even if is in the second floor.

You have the luxury of sitting back and not being in the line of fire. This is how you can boast that the police were wrong.

I would enjoy seeing how you would handle the situation and then watch you being attacked for your lack of knowledge and understanding. You are so trusting and I guess you see everyone aslaw abiding people.

I know that there are crazy people and criminals out there. You are too blind to see it.

You're right. It makes no difference what floor. All that matters is that he wasn't doing anything wrong. He wasn't breaking a single law. He was doing nothing illegal. The police were WAY out of bounds on this.

I don't usually get engaged in these disagreements, but this one is so far over the line that there's really no question that the police were in the wrong. This isn't "Minority Report", and this thing you've got with trying to decide that he MIGHT have decided to do something wrong is just plain wrongheaded.

Looking at the video, it's obvious that there are crazy people and criminals out there. Unfortunately, the ones in the video are in uniform.

LEO 229

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
You have no idea of where he was - he was ina squarein the middle of no fewer than four sky scrapers (very tall buildings) three of them were OWNED by banks - but NO banks, or even bank signswere on theground floor. Get the facts LEO 229 - this seems to be a problem with you guys - "Who needs facts? I AM THE LAW."

Dan said he was on the steps of the bank.. works for me.. He was there.

LEO2 - You know carrying around a gun like this, especially in front of the bank is going to get attention and you got it.

LEO 229

imported post

JeffersonDavis wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:

Yep. You are a true bad ass... I would get beaten up.....Tell the truth now are you really a cop or are you a security guard?

ON EDIT: how the hell did you hear me anyway?

I am not even a guard... :D

Oh My! He is a funny one!!

JeffersonDavis

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

LEO2 - You know carrying around a gun like this, especially in front of the bank is going to get attention and you got it.
You remind me of that guy in Police Academy, Tackleberry! What a buffoon..........

psmartin

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:
He wasn't on any bank steps and you know it.....The F'n bank is on the second floor and you know that too.......You are trying way too hard to excuse this behavior....If you are soooooooo scared of the public and their rights you really should resign........

OK -- Isn't someone going to help out LEO229 a little bit? (just a little bit, not much)

I can see the angle played up by a 911 caller, and the fear angle.

What this really boils down to is: "This is the way police treat black people"

As a "white guy" heading up a "racially diverse" household, I see the "you're white, or you're not white" stereotypes.. I don't like it, but that's the way it's still working today.

I went to SunTrust bank ALL THE TIME open carrying until the manager called me at work and asked me not to carry, and then I took out my money and went to People's Bank.. and they DON'T CARE, they just want my money.

But SUNTRUST did not *CALL THE COPS* and have them storm the building, hell, once I was in line for 10 minutes(and that was the time that did it, apparently security video streams to a central location in real-time,and security called the bank manager to ask: "Who the hell is that guy, tell him to knock it off")..... They *DID NOT* call 911 on the white guy, and I was in line at the bank.

The cops *DID* draw on, and handcuff the "black guy"

I see no reason to avoid a civil case, and while you're at it, why not shake-down the bank, regardingthe security company.

Criminal matters are very "black & white".. Civil matters are so much more entertaining because of the that tiny amount of "black & white" and that huge area of "gray"

Danbus can laugh about this soon... Laughing all the way to the bank.

If you have any "skeletons in the closet"(even <18) you are screwed, but if your lawyer can paint to be the "WRONGED JOHN Q PUBLIC", then cha-ching!

LEO 229

imported post

les_aker wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

You're right. It makes no difference what floor. All that matters is that he wasn't doing anything wrong. He wasn't breaking a single law. He was doing nothing illegal. The police were WAY out of bounds on this.

I don't usually get engaged in these disagreements, but this one is so far over the line that there's really no question that the police were in the wrong. This isn't "Minority Report", and this thing you've got with trying to decide that he MIGHT have decided to do something wrong is just plain wrongheaded.

Looking at the video, it's obvious that there are crazy people and criminals out there. Unfortunately, the ones in the video are in uniform.
You have to keep in mind one thing........

Banks get robbed. There are times when they have looks-outs and get-a-way drivers. He could have been a look out for all anyone knew.

He got the response that was required for being near a bank.

He was not injured and was released 6 minutes after contact. They quickly determined he was not there as a threat.

He learned a valuable lesson. Just chalk it up to learning and move on.

LEO 229

imported post

JeffersonDavis wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

You remind me of that guy in Police Academy, Tackleberry! What a buffoon..........
Naw.. that guy IS crazy.... I am just right. Admit it!!

JeffersonDavis

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Nice try, Tack!

JeffersonDavis

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

On a serious note Tack, what are you going to say when Danbus wins in court?

LEO 229

imported post

psmartin wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:

OK -- Isn't someone going to help out LEO229 a little bit? (just a little bit, not much)

I can see the angle played up by a 911 caller, and the fear angle.

As a "white guy" heading up a "racially diverse" household, I see the "you're white, or you're not white" stereotypes.. I don't like it, but that's the way it's still working today.

I went to SunTrust bank ALL THE TIME open carrying until the manager called me at work and asked me not to carry, and then I took out my money and went to People's Bank.. and they DON'T CARE, they just want my money.

But SUNTRUST did not *CALL THE COPS* and have them storm the building, hell, once I was in line for 10 minutes(and that was the time that did it, apparently security video streams to a central location in real-time,and security called the bank manager to ask: "Who the hell is that guy, tell him to knock it off")..... They *DID NOT* call 911 on the white guy, and I was in line at the bank.

I see no reason to avoid a civil case, and while you're at it, why not shake-down the bank, regardingthe security company.

Criminal matters are very "black & white".. Civil matters are so much more entertaining because of the that tiny amount of "black & white" and that huge area of "gray"

Danbus can laugh about this soon... Laughing all the way to the bank.

If you have any "skeletons in the closet"(even <18) you are screwed, but if your lawyer can paint to be the "WRONGED JOHN Q PUBLIC", then cha-ching!
Color does not matter. Anyone with a gun can kill me and this will not allow me to go home at the end of the shift.

I am sorry if I have to draw down on you if I find you to be a threat and armed. I really want to go home alive!

I probably do not know you or what your about. You could be off your meds and that IS a danger to me and the community.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

psmartin wrote:

Uh-oh. SouthernBoy is not gonna like that talk, I don't think.

No, no, no.

LEO 229

imported post

JeffersonDavis wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

On a serious note Tack, what are you going to say when Danbus wins in court?

I would congratulate him if he did. However... I just do not see it.

I am not siding with the officers... I do like some of the guys here.. But itis standard training and much is state regulated. I saw nothing outof the ordinary.

I do not hassle people.. Seriously...But I would have to have the same approach. I want to go home alive!

Bubba Ron

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Dan and his brother are friends of mine, I have been at the scene, the first time was likefour days after the initial incident, it's a bank BUILDING, that may have a bank on a higher floor - but not the FIRST FLOOR. He was doing NO WRONG and was harrassed because of his color, age, and he was alone - the next day, Brian went with him and he was not harrassed, the third day he was alone and harrassed again - he was waiting for his lady friend to get off of work - some crime eh....eight of us went down there a couple of days later, all open carrying, we had dinner at Waterside and then walked all over the "crime scenes" for over two hours - not a peep - this leads to one conclusion - the cops don't like witnesses.