• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hmm, tired of not being able to OC

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
Weather or Not Hank T thinks a fully automatic suppressed pistol would be a "very poor choice for a SD weapon" or not....

If the carrier of said weapon can reliably and quickly put 2 rounds in the center of presented mass, likes the feel of the weapon in the hand, legally possesses such weapon THEN IT DON"T MATTER WHAT HANK T. THINKS ABOUT IT or me or anyone else either for that matter... I say use it for a Self Defense Weapon.

Nah.

Lousy to carry, lousy to shoot for PD walking about.

Fun to train, though, I'd grant that. :D

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

I have said several times here:.... These are my personal requirements of a PD weapon. Slight variations do exist as to wording but the intent of content is the same!

Something you like in a caliber you will practice with so that you can reliably put 2 rounds center of presented mass when the time comes. I don't care if it is a 22LR or a 12ga....

If you don't like it for whatever reason don't carry it as a PD weapon. If you do like it, can legally possess it, have regularly practiced with it so that you CAN get 2 rounds center of presented mass WHEN THE FIT HITS THE SHAN! Then Carry it!