• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hmmmmmmm

civilwarguy

Every one pointed out about fit and such but since no one else brought it up holster in my opinion is very important too as I carry one of those "heavy" guns like everyone likes to call it (1911 commander) I have found when budgeting for a gun make sure you also budget for a holster that is comfortable! You can carry the lightest gun out on the market and if your holster is junk and digs in you won't want to carry. As I said I carry one of the heavy guns mentioned above but with my holster 12 hours is no big deal same with siting down or pretty much anything with the exception of running but those who know me know that me and running don't go well togeather even with no gun

Law abider

Every one pointed out about fit and such but since no one else brought it up holster in my opinion is very important too as I carry one of those "heavy" guns like everyone likes to call it (1911 commander) I have found when budgeting for a gun make sure you also budget for a holster that is comfortable! You can carry the lightest gun out on the market and if your holster is junk and digs in you won't want to carry. As I said I carry one of the heavy guns mentioned above but with my holster 12 hours is no big deal same with siting down or pretty much anything with the exception of running but those who know me know that me and running don't go well togeather even with no gun
Thanks buddy! I thought that a big gun sends a big message OC, but may not be true as leos will lookat you with suspicion and haul you to jail:question:

civilwarguy

Thanks buddy! I thought that a big gun sends a big message OC, but may not be true as leos will lookat you with suspicion and haul you to jail:question:

I know several leos and carry often I have not really had a negative encounter due to carrying. In fact the one I hang out wih quite often has to ask me normally if I am carrying cause he can't tell. Maybe I am just lucky about where I live but OC hasn't really ever been an issue and now with ccw they are even more careful not to violate any laws due to potential law suits. I think for any mode of carry it all comes down to find a gun that you like and are comfortable with and a carry rig that you can wear all day then use that. I personally prefer 1911s and have found a couple of brands that I can get into for less than 500 bucks that shoot just as well as high dollar ones so that is where I stay... To each his own!