• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HOGLE ZOO <- OCDO/UCC Get together 25-April-2009

Ruger Collector

imported post

The last time I was there you could get there from Sunnyside, make a left into the parking lot just before you get to Wasatch Dr.

Most of us will be getting there at 10:00, but judging by the posts on UCC there will probably be a few stragglers.

rpyne

imported post

I haven't been there for a few years. I was going by what I could see in Google Maps street view. The Google Maps street view shows do not enter signs on the driveway from Sunnyside Ave.

Ruger Collector

imported post

Now that you mention it, I see the arrows painted on the road (it's been a few years for me as well).

So enter from Crestwood Dr. :)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

yo101jimmy wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
The End the Fed rally doesn't start until 2 PM if I remember correctly.

You could go to the zoo in the morning, and the rally in the afternoon!
what a event-full day! :celebrate
Mark Shurtleff I going to try to come as well. He mentioned that when I saw him at the Teaparty.;). That would be fun.

rpyne

imported post

Are people still planning on the Zoo on Saturday? Even with the current weather forecast (50 degrees 30% chance of rain)?

I can bring a few umbrellas. I am still up for it, but I don't want to drive up there if I am going to be the only one.

buncopanies

Banned
imported post

rpyne wrote:
Are people still planning on the Zoo on Saturday? Even with the current weather forecast (50 degrees 30% chance of rain)?

I can bring a few umbrellas. I am still up for it, but I don't want to drive up there if I am going to be the only one.
I am certainly NOT going. You should stay home and be with your family.

Trafficman

imported post

Is it still on,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hello,,,,,,,,, Anyone????????

Saturday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 5200 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

MuellerBadener

imported post

Nessala76 & I are still up for it, (I believe, speaking for one's wife is a dangerous propesition) but don't want to be the only ones there either. If theres a group thing great, otherwise I've got plenty of farmwork to do.

Trafficman

imported post

Friday Night: Rain and snow likely. Snow level 6600 feet lowering to 4900 feet after midnight . Cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 5100 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 5500 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Trafficman

imported post

I wanteed to meet some of you being as I'm new to this but I melt when I get in the rain. So I 'll stay home and melt in the yard putting in more garde area. And trying to see if I can get my (old Reliable) Rototiller started. Tried last weekend and no go.:cuss:

MuellerBadener

imported post

Trafficman wrote:
I wanteed to meet some of you being as I'm new to this but I melt when I get in the rain. So I 'll stay home and melt in the yard putting in more garde area. And trying to see if I can get my (old Reliable) Rototiller started. Tried last weekend and no go.:cuss:
We'd be more than happy to wrap you in plastic.:lol:

scorpioajr

imported post

So the meet is 10am in the parking lot opposite of Hogle Zoo. Is this one more of a meet and greet, or are we gathering and then gonna get some food. I might be up for this one, i really like that canyon area- its just pleasing to drive and look at the area.

rpyne

imported post

The plan is to meet up and then go spend some time at the zoo (plenty of food options there).

This will be an excellent opportunity to both reinforce to zoo management that they are subject to state law and to show the public that peaceful, law abiding citizens can and do carry firearms.

My regret is that due to the weather the turn out at the zoo will likely not be as large as it otherwise would have been.

Bring plenty of copies of the Utah Gun Law pamphlet. I will have a bunch of "Why I Open Carry" cards we can pass out to people who ask.