• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homepage > Baltimore News Off-Duty Officer Fatally Shoots Unarmed Marine

zack991

imported post

eye95 wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
Don Tomas wrote:
eye95 wrote:
And this has to do with OC how?
I was thinking the same thing. Still...tragic nonetheless.
A marine OC'ing would have been able to defend himself from the armed drunk.
Just ~90 miles further south and he could do just that.

Maryland legislature should be held as criminal accomplises before and after the fact.
If that had been the OP's point, you might have a point. His point was to start another LEO-bashing thread.
Considering I have family who have worked and who are currently work as police officers, I am going to have to tell you to try again. I am so glad someone where can read my mind, because my wife doing just is not enough. Just like any other Self Defense story that is posted on these forms people are allowed to judge for themselves if it was a self defense.

eye95

imported post

zack991 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
Don Tomas wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Maryland legislature should be held as criminal accomplises before and after the fact.
If that had been the OP's point, you might have a point. His point was to start another LEO-bashing thread.
Considering I have family who have worked and who are currently work as police officers, I am going to have to tell you to try again. I am so glad someone where can read my mind, because my wife doing just is not enough. Just like any other Self Defense story that is posted on these forms people are allowed to judge for themselves if it was a self defense.
Sorry. I just don't buy it.

Maybe a few posts telling other posters that you didn't post as an invitation to their LEO-bashing might've convinced me. Absent that, you seem to have gotten the reaction you were eliciting.

zack991

imported post

eye95 wrote:
zack991 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
Don Tomas wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Maybe a few posts telling other posters that you didn't post as an invitation to their LEO-bashing might've convinced me. Absent that, you seem to have gotten the reaction you were eliciting.
Well I am sorry I don't have the ability to be on here 24/7(sarcasm), I am working 2 jobs to make ends meet for my family and these forums or others like them are not my life. I don't have the time to defend myself to every single post here that question my reasoning for posting it. That and the fact like is people like yourself no matter what I would have said anywhere in this post would have changed your mind to begin with.

eye95

imported post

zack991 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
zack991 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
Don Tomas wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Well I am sorry I don't have the ability to be on here 24/7(sarcasm), I am working 2 jobs to make ends meet for my family and these forums or others like them are not my life. I don't have the time to defend myself to every single post here that question my reasoning for posting it. That and the fact like is people like yourself no matter what I would have said anywhere in this post would have changed your mind to begin with.
Well, I'll just note the time you had to take me to task, but not the LEO-bashers.

Moving on.

zack991

imported post

eye95 wrote:
zack991 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
zack991 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
Don Tomas wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Well, I'll just note the time you had to take me to task, but not the LEO-bashers.

Moving on.
I have no right to tell people how to think or what to think, I am not the thought police. I come to task to you because you want to try and control what people can say and can't say, by quoting the rules of this forum. You do not represent the owners of this site, nor have they given you any authority to moderate these forums. If you do not like a conversation then simply click away and allow people to speak their minds and allow the REAL moderates to make the decisions of when people violate the rules.

All you’re doingis causing problems by accusing people of cop bashing, and picking fights. I and others consider that to be trolling. So many good discussions have had to be locked because of the infighting that you and other members have started.

Don Tomas

imported post

zack991 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
zack991 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
zack991 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
Don Tomas wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Moving on.
I have no right to tell people how to think or what to think, I am not the thought police. I come to task to you because you want to try and control what people can say and can't say, by quoting the rules of this forum. You do not represent the owners of this site, nor have they given you any authority to moderate these forums. If you do not like a conversation then simply click away and allow people to speak their minds and allow the REAL moderates to make the decisions of when people violate the rules.

All you’re doingis causing problems by accusing people of cop bashing, and picking fights. I and others consider that to be trolling. So many good discussions have had to be locked because of the infighting that you and other members have started.
Not taking sides here and I haven't read every single post in this thread, but I will say that I find it annoying when I check my email and it's a message from this forum regarding a thread that I joined, only to sign-on and find out it's another pissing match that has continued to drag on. No need to get the last word in, we're all adults here...right?

My suggestion: STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. Don't touch that mouse.....don't do it it. That's right.....leave the keyboard alone. Now forget all about this ever happening and when you return, play nicely. :lol: