• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Bill 1371

bmg50cal

Actually those are all breeds of Gatling guns. A revolver is defined as having a single barrel with multiple revolving chambers. Gatling guns have multiple revolving barrels AND chambers that share a common FCS & loading system. Hand-cranked Gatling guns are technically legal in Washington since they only fire one round for one activation of the fire control mechanism. Kesselring's up in Burlington has one in 45-70 for about 50 grand. Yet that is not to be confused with an "assault weapon" :banghead:

Never heard of a pepperbox? They are hand-rotated repeating multi-barrel revolvers and the granddaddy of the modern revolvers, rotary cannons, revolver cannons, etc. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepperbox

pepper_2.jpg

flintlock-pepperbox.jpg

More modern, but still old revolvers, although they lack rotating barrels they are still multiple barreled...

tripebarrelrevolver2-e1336659995898.jpg

tripebarrelrevolver1-e1336659929448.jpg

:banana:

Attachments

• triple-barrel-revolver-three-barrel.jpg
    triple-barrel-revolver-three-barrel.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Batousaii

If a majority of states start passing bills of this nature, it will help to send a message to the federal government that we are not interested in their infringements. Maybe even signal a trend back to a more constitutional way of thinking about arms.

- Also, correct me if I am wrong, but many of the older hardcore federal bills (NFA 34 & GCA 68) hinge delicately on the interstate commission clause, and if that kingpin could be jerked out (guns and interstate commerce), then things might make a drastic reversal in our favor.

- At what point do we go on the offensive and try to get these old bills (NFA/GCA) repealed? - What steps could be taken in this direction ?

- I personally think this bill here in WA is part of that step forward ... no ?

MKEgal

DamonK said:
unlike our liberal counterparts, we haven't been willing to be flexible in our political dealings. While they have made thousands of half steps in their direction, our inability to be flexible or compromise means that we take an all or nothing stance
1) I haven't seen that the anti-gun people have made any concessions toward following the Constitution.
They have proposed outrageous laws which got cut from bills like the crap that they were.
Is that the 'compromise' you were thinking of?

2) What other rights do you want to compromise away into faint privileges?

You're right, the people who support the Constitution don't compromise, and we scream when someone proposes to take away any right.

davidmcbeth said:
To lazy to click .. post the text next time ... toddles ..
But you're able to post a complaint? That takes more effort.

Ajetpilot

1) I haven't seen that the anti-gun people have made any concessions toward following the Constitution.
They have proposed outrageous laws which got cut from bills like the crap that they were.
Is that the 'compromise' you were thinking of?

2) What other rights do you want to compromise away into faint privileges?

You're right, the people who support the Constitution don't compromise, and we scream when someone proposes to take away any right.

But you're able to post a complaint? That takes more effort.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What she said!