• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Passed Health Bill!!!!!

jarhead1911A

imported post

im not in favor of stoping the thread, people have diffrent idea's of what is correct and true and others think diffrently this is just a way for everyone to get there 2cents in on this......... And letting the professionals in DC handle this is what got us in this mess to begin with

DEROS72

imported post

I agree with jarhead.Illegals have zero rights in this country .They do nothing but leach off the rest of us.No the don't have the right to hang in emergency rooms looking for attention when Americans should always come first no matter what.We could save hundreds of billions by disposing of these people that have invaded our country.Some evenhave the gall to expect us to learn their language.They are terrorists and need to be go.Box lunch and a bus ticket and thats it.Then bill them for for it when they are back in there own country.We are not a refugee camp.

Suppose Iwere for a health care program I think of how many more Americans could be cared for if we got rid of these people.

Commodore76

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
im not in favor of stoping the thread, people have diffrent idea's of what is correct and true and others think diffrently this is just a way for everyone to get there 2cents in on this......... And letting the professionals in DC handle this is what got us in this mess to begin with
Calm down, MARINE, I put "professional" in quotations for a reason! Pretty sure I know how we got here!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

No Marc, I told you not to OC at the marina because the manager has told me he prefers CC.

Your 8 years in the military mean little to me, because you have to use that as a crutch to get respect.

I don't belittle your employment or military experience in public and would expect the same from you regarding my work.

As I said I have as much right as anyone to point out when a discussion has gone off topic, and I did.

You have the right to speak your mind, but forums have rules, and they can be enforced by the forum owners, and those rules say this thread is off topic, and too many off topic discussion tend to detract from the main message of a forum.

Anyway I suspect that this thread, like all OT ones will end up locked and/or deleted at some point. Smart people would have gotten the message by now.

killchain

imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
SV relax just because you live on a bath toy by yourself and sell papers for a living dosnt give you the right to bring that rediculous comment up yet again "dude grow up will ya"

comes to mind
Lol. You love to debate, don't ya? We gotta do this in person again!
I think "debate" is the wrong word.

Commodore76

imported post

killchain wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
SV relax just because you live on a bath toy by yourself and sell papers for a living dosnt give you the right to bring that rediculous comment up yet again "dude grow up will ya"

comes to mind
Lol. You love to debate, don't ya? We gotta do this in person again!
I think "debate" is the wrong word.
Um... Not sure where you're going with that. If it's where I think you're leading, no, I do not want to be cellmates with you. ;)

jarhead1911A

imported post

SV i dont really care if you dont respect my military time as you are king of your own reality and the rest of us live on Earth none the less i fought for your right to not repsect me its ok i dont really mind.

I dont use my career as a crutch for respect but i will be damned if i will let anyone forget what was given up so people like you can tell me my military service dosnt matter to you.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

some people are trying to raise a family. 99% of what everyone in the us makes that 1% makes more than all that combined.

all i'd like to see is everyone be able to get basic health care. yeah there will be cases where you need some extensive surgery. but still the reason its like 100k to get a lvad is because the drug/medical companies want to get rich off the sick. there is no regulation.

maybe we should just did a ditch and if you can't pay for health care you just get tossed in there so you can die out of mind and not be burden.

even with the VA you have to pay for some operations cause the va doesn't approve of them. if you have a heart attack, do you think you bankrupt your family because there is no health care. they have to sell the house and all belongings just so one can get looked at by a doctor?

Commodore76

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
some people are trying to raise a family. 99% of what everyone in the us makes that 1% makes more than all that combined.

all i'd like to see is everyone be able to get basic health care. yeah there will be cases where you need some extensive surgery. but still the reason its like 100k to get a lvad is because the drug/medical companies want to get rich off the sick. there is no regulation.

maybe we should just did a ditch and if you can't pay for health care you just get tossed in there so you can die out of mind and not be burden.

even with the VA you have to pay for some operations cause the va doesn't approve of them. if you have a heart attack, do you think you bankrupt your family because there is no health care. they have to sell the house and all belongings just so one can get looked at by a doctor?

Can you understand that your are speaking from a mentality of entitlement and not one of Constitutional support? I got news for you, just because you were fortunate enough to be born in this great Country, that gives you NO right to entitlement. This Country owes you and the rest of it's citizens life and liberty and a chance to be happy. GET IT??? Stop this entitlement crap. Americans feel like we're too entitled! This is crap! To believe otherwise is absolute insanity!

As much as I may dislike many things that JFK did, he nailed one concept pretty damn well. "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"When did it become socially acceptable to sit back and ask, no, MANDATE what the Country can do for you?

This is a can of worms that we will not be able to close! Once Pandora's Box is open, the consequences will be unimaginable!

Republic is the rule of law. (Kinda what we're supposed to be according to the Founding Fathers. Wow, twice in one night that I've been fortunate enough to correctly reference one of the Founding 56!)

Democracy is the rule of mob. (51% of the people bullying around 49%)

Gonna be a bad day when the 49% gets pushed too far. The sad thing about this HC issue is that, IF it becomes law, we wont even begin to know how it has robbed us for another three years.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Marc, respect is given, not earned. If you demand respect because you were in the military for 8 years, that's pretty chickenshit in my book. I respect people for what they did, but when they tell me I must respect that, then I question why they demand that respect. Friend of mine did two combat tours in Vietnam, and I respect him for that. He's modest, and rarely discusses the matter, and never demands people respect him for his service, and that only serves to make his service more respectable. Acting entitled to respect demeans those who make a sacrifice in the military.

jarhead1911A

imported post

this coming from someone who did not serve.....mmmmmm well its been 15 minutes since you called foul your slacking off

Tawnos

imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
Tawnos wrote:
You're stating that your service is intrinsically more valuable, monetarily, than that of a person who works in a job. The fact is, you took a job for a certain amount of compensation, why do you think you should receive lifetime compensation for a limited-time job, when others receive only a few months coverage they must pay for once they no longer work? Going to war or not, you agreed to and did a job, why does that particular job warrant a lifetime of coverage where no other job does?
Because that was a part of the agreement we had with the Government when we enlisted. That, the GI Bill, potential for retirement, VA loans... We honored our part of the deal, now we should be able to hold the Gov to keep their end. That simple. Not that a job in the military was harder or such a long duration. It was a contract thatwe signed with the Gov.
You're saying an offer that would not exist int he open market without the government requiring it is okay if the government provides it? Find me jobs that offer such benefits in the open market; if you can't, your example doesn't hold water. The fact is, the government offered a contract that does not exist in the private sector without government requiring such.

Tawnos

imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
Republic is the rule of law. (Kinda what we're supposed to be according to the Founding Fathers. Wow, twice in one night that I've been fortunate enough to correctly reference one of the Founding 56!)

Gonna be a bad day when the 49% gets pushed too far. The sad thing about this HC issue is that, IF it becomes law, we wont even begin to know how it has robbed us for another three years.
Interesting that you say that when one considers the demographics of those who oppose equality in same-sex relationships.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

You are right Marc, I didn't serve in the military. So I'm taking the trouble this time to provide a statement from a friend who did two combat tours in Vietnam.

"Why do you need people to keep respecting you for your service, when most people who were in the military know what they did, and keep it to themselves, because they don't need people to kiss their ass constantly for what they did, as opposed to acting like a spoiled little kid."

sirpuma

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Boo Boo wrote:
to bad we dont do oiur health care like france or canada. no ones turned away.

we shouldn't be the laughing stock of nations we should have the best health care and it shouldn't be about money
Are you for real?:banghead: Your health care is YOUR responsibility. Just like putting a roof over your head & food on the table. Responsibility, NOT a right. Neither you, nor the government, nor anyone else has the right to take on single penny away from me or anyone else and give it to someone who can't provide for themselves due to their own poor decisions in life.
+10000000000000

Commodore76

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:

Interesting that you say that when one considers the demographics of those who oppose equality in same-sex relationships.

Ok, so to get this straight, we're going from the ultra-agreeable topic of universal health care to another topic that we can all agree on such as same-sex relationships? Lol. This is going to be a long night.

How's about next, we discuss whether the Civil War was fought over slavery or economics?Then wecan invite some neo-nazi's onto the forum and talk about if there really was a holocaust. If we're all going to keep slamming our nuts in a door, don't hold back, let's go all out!!!

jarhead1911A

imported post

I grew up in a military house hold and i grew up to respect the uniform and those who wore it, So yes as i said before i will not let anyone forget those who died for our freedoms.

Someone once asked me what i thought a hero was. My reply was this....

A hero is anyone who has lost a body part or there life doing what they believed was the right thing.

I have been called a hero and it pisses me off because i dont see it that way and i will probably NEVER see it that way

Commodore76

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
I grew up in a military house hold and i grew up to respect the uniform and those who wore it, So yes as i said before i will not let anyone forget those who died for our freedoms.

Someone once asked me what i thought a hero was. My reply was this....

A hero is anyone who has lost a body part or there life doing what they believed was the right thing.

I have been called a hero and it pisses me off because i dont see it that way and i will probably NEVER see it that way
I saw you take a rifle scope directly to the forehead. You didn't scream at all. You're my hero. :D

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Marc, we are not talking about dead or disabled vets, we are talking about you, and your unseeming demands for respect simply based on the fact that you wore a uniform for 8 years.

I grew up in a military family too, my father retired from the national guard, and my step father did a tour in the marines out of high school. And guess what bubba? Respect is still something earned, and the mere fact of wearing or having worn a uniform is not sufficient. Actions cut it, and demanding respect is a piss poor way to get it.