• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Houston woman kills auto burglar.

eye95

Is there any particular reason why a thread over a year old is being revived? I was interested in this story until I read the original post was in 11/09. Just an observation, YMMV.

It was bumped by a new user who was likely reading it for the first time and felt he had something worthwhile to add. :cool:

KansasMustang

They still prowl Texas. Cattle and horse rustling in Texas is bigger today than it ever was in the "good ole" western days. It is a business run by smart thieves. They watch you and your daily habits. They know when you leave and return. When they are ready, they back up trucks with ramps placed over your fence and run the cattle or horses right up into the trucks and drive away. I had two horses stolen this way. Only the people came onto the land to shoo the horses into the truck. The truck stayed outside my fenced-in pasture.

But, apparantly you didn't catch them in the act. Otherwise it'd been Bang bang bang.

nonameisgood

And they do it with produce. An entire field of watermelons was stolen overnight from a guy I know. A very big field of watermelons. How does that happen?