• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long before the War for Civil Rights??

imported post

You're almost right. The word being passed around by reputable sources is threats were conveyed to Pelosi and others. I cannot firsthand confirm such calls were made, but "calling your congressman" has a proven track record of dismal failure.

Thomas Jefferson said what this country needs is a good revolution every twenty years or so. According to Jefferson's timetable, we're loooooooooong overdue for a correction.

imported post

You're almost right. The word being passed around by reputable sources is threats were conveyed to Pelosi and others. I cannot firsthand confirm such calls were made, but "calling your congressman" has a proven track record of dismal failure.

Thomas Jefferson said what this country needs is a good revolution every twenty years or so. According to Jefferson's timetable, we're loooooooooong overdue for a correction.

spy1

imported post

The only reason that calling/writing/emailing/FAX'ing ones Reps normally doesn't have as much of an impact is because not enough of us actually do it when we should.

The "involvement campaign" that was witnessed during the immigration reform debate is actually what's supposed to be the norm with important issues - literally, millions of citizen/voters letting their elected representatives know precisely how they feel, what they expect and what the consequences will be if those desires aren't met.

Look, put baldly, there are only two things that any given representative fears:

(a) not getting re-elected. Voters who follow the issues, demand the correct result and follow-up by voting according to how well their expectations were met by their elected officials are a politician's worst nightmare (because they're held accountable for their votes on issues - there are concreteconsequences for their actions, IOW).

(b) a total breakdown of power. By that I mean either a massive tax revolt or civil war, with the complete breakdown of government operations and government revenue that would entail (not to mention it would be a great time for all our enemies to take advantage of the confusion).

The only reason there is even a possibility of civil war is because the American population is armed . That's why it's so vitally important for each and every one of us to do whatever it takes - within the existing framework - to ensure that our Second Amendment rights are NOT tampered with any more than they already have been.

Because a dis-armed population is totally at the mercy of the government (and we all know how "merciful" the government can be).

So the next time you see something posted that needs you to take action on - do it!

I swear to God, I don't know how people can live with themselves when they won't even lift a finger to preserve our Constitution and Bill of Rights - it is the complete antithesis of truepatriotism in this day and time not to act when called upon to do so.

If we lose this battle to remain a country guided by the Constitution, it will be for only one reason.

Because we don't have the stones anymore to deserve it.

In either case, I'll be able to look my children and grandchildren in the eye and tell them that I did the very bestI could.

Will you? Pete