• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many do you keep loaded?

SteveInAshand

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Cummon. Think about the corniest WWII spy versus spy movie you know. Or Syriana, the dramatization of Bob Baer's career. They won't care or stop pulling off body parts just because you tell them that you lost your guns.

It is better to be killed once while standing on your feet than many times while lying like a coward.

I wouldn't say it's "cowardly" to lie, there are a few situaitons were you cannot fire a shot > ( ask any American prisoner of war )

Sometimes a fella get's in a jam and it happens suddenly at the wrong time for something innocuous. You could be stopped for a traffic offense and then it get's out of hand and leads to hand cuffs and a search warrant and next thing you know you are sitting in a cell with federal agents asking you all sorts of loaded & leading questions, > 5th amendment & shut up, don't even tell the "truth" just shut up.

Lie to the gang who has you tied up after they knocked you off your bicycle or motorcycle near your home and now has you duck taped in the back of a van, someone could slip you a Micky at the sports bar while watching the big game and follow you home, so if your caught / captured then lie your ass off to your torturers be they street thugs , cop's kicking your ass while your hand cuffed or an Afgani Taliban interrogator, > lie if you need to, a lie is a servival tool.

The only time I would tell the truth to a criminal is if they has a gun to my kid's or wife's head then I would not only tell them were the guns are ( most of them not all together "wink" keep the real good ones separate from the ordinary ones * decoys )

I would mix it up with a lie or two to keep them off the trail, anything to keep them off guard guessing and away from my loved ones.

hopnpop

imported post

.40 on my side of bed, loaded. .38 on her side, loaded. The other guns are left empty but I keep themagazines full, ready to throw into the empty guns.

Summit_Ace

imported post

Both my wife and I keep loaded pistols in our night stands. I also keep a grab and go bag with a M4 carbine and 210 rounds worth of loaded magazines next to the bed. Some may say I am paranoid.;)

okboomer

imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
okboomer wrote:
Yep, I also have a terrible loss to report ... <boo hoo> all were lost at sea ... sadly, the ammo went overboard when the rogue wave swept across the deck.

Before then, the three in my avatar were always loaded as they were the carry guns and extra mags loaded in range bag (each gun had it's own range bag.)

Then there were the long guns in the safe ... none of them were loaded ... they were locked in the safe downstairs in the basement.

The range long guns, however, were spread around the house in their cases with full magazines ... .30 - .308 cal, 10 - 30 round mags. depending.

Then there were also the CZ 75B and DD's .380 always loaded.

I just feel so sad about the tragedy at sea ... out in the Gulf of Mexico ... the cordite went with them, too.
But; but...I didn't know boats had basements :lol:.
See all the past tense? They were in the basement, then they went on the boat out in the gulf of mexico, then they went overboard ... it was tragic. :cry: