• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many people carry around the house???

Scooter

imported post

I began "warming up" to OC by carrying in the house. This turned into OCing during our daily walks around the neighborhood. I OC everywhere I go (except the few places not allowed) I do carry in the house sometimes but usually just have it "nearby" in the quick box. I am married with 6 children, they don't think twice about it. I carry while doing yard work too!

I have never had trouble anywhere I carry.

thinbluelines&w40ve

imported post

I OC everywhere that is legal. Especially arond the house. My wife was never raised around firearms so she is a little apprehensive about the idea due to fear of the unknown, but she has faith in my LEO and military training and really wants to get familiar with our "home defense systems". :)

Packer fan

imported post

Both my wife and I carry around the house. She CC I like to OC. I have six kids and they think it strange when we don't carry.

I live in a quiet neighbour hood in Mountain Home, Ar. I can't OC off my yard (Arkansas law) but my boys do ages 5, 7, 9. They OC their cap guns in their holster. They like being like Dad.

Just received my CHL (notCCP)today in the mail so yeah I'll be carrying all the time. Not just home anymore.

OPS MARINE

imported post

Pol Mordreth wrote:
I carry all the time at home. The weapon is never off my body unless I'm sleeping or using the bathroom. I carry a...
Smith and Wesson SW99OL .40. It doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing, it is always within reach. I do not allow others to play with it, and I am never seen without it.

I'm no "gun nut", but it is a part of me as I am a part of it. i am the weapon, and it is the tool. Too bad on some people that's reversed.

Keep carrying. They may tell you they don't understand, but they feel safer knowing that you are ready. They do.

OPS MARINE

imported post

I saw Chewy352's post about the solicitor. I used to have the same issue until I started answering the door with a gun on my hip. It went from "Can we interest you in..." to "Oh, Sir, I didn't realize you were off and perhaps need your rest. We'll come back another time."

Me: "No, you won't."

lil_freak_66

imported post

i OC my 10/22 around the house all the time,in hand or slung in the ready position when moving around,otherwise it is within 5 feet at all times.

B

Bikenut

imported post

cm2624 wrote:
Always carry.
Agreed wholeheartedly! Let me add to that just a teeny bit...

"and be prepared to use it when, not if, trouble comes."

People always say that if they knew when they were going to need a gun they would stay home that day. Well, the idea of not going where a gun is needed is a very good one but.....

I have never ever heard of criminals calling ahead to make an appointment to harm their victims.

So the truth is ...... there is never any way of knowing when a gun may be needed... or where. And the "where" includes our supposed to be safe homes.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's readily accessible (less than 10 seconds from anywhere in the home) at all times. I open carry when I'm answering the door, but as my door swings open from the left, and it's on my right hip, people don't normally see it.

Nor would I want them too, as that's an invitation to a later burglary.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I carry all day. It goes on the shelf in the stall while I shower, covered with a cloth to keep the spray off. I sleep fully clothed, and it stays in the holster nicely. I don't want to be trying to make sense of left and right if woken from sleep.

Kenne

imported post

I carry mine once I get home and when I go out side to look for trespassers. I live in a APRT off the 805 and E St.

My wife carrys a 7in long Buck knife at home to work and every where but the Navy base.

Chula Vista, CA.

Packer fan

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I carry all day. It goes on the shelf in the stall while I shower, covered with a cloth to keep the spray off. I sleep fully clothed, and it stays in the holster nicely. I don't want to be trying to make sense of left and right if woken from sleep.

You sleep fully clothed? Wow! Now I do take naps with my gun, but when it comes to nighttime activities.....................

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I have been single for years, and I am not so fortunate as to experience such nightly pleasures in a few years.:(

Never liked PJs anyhow. I was so lazy as a teen, not liking the mornings, that I figured it easier to be ready for school when I got up,than to get up a half hour earlier to get ready. Pathetic I know. I got used to it, diddnt have to buy night clothes, or change in or out of them. Lived in a car for a while, and if I have to get up and leave suddenly, fire, emergency, thermo nuclear war, whatever, just grab the shoes and go. Just kinda worked out that way I guess, not really a planned thing.