• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How much was your concealed permit?

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Argus Eyed wrote:
5 years ago it was $50 and fingerprinting in Chesapeake, I just got it renewed in Virginia Beach and it was $50 and no fingerprinting.
They can only fingerprint new apps, not renewals. Just FYI in case you assumed they could do fingerprints on both. Some counties still try and get away with it on renewals though.

If a county is/starts fingerprinting renewals, it should be brought to the attention of the VCDL.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
$50 in York County.

No military or retiree'sdiscount.

I forgot to add that they do ELECTRONICFingerprinting in York County. I wonder where they sent my fingerprints after they photocopied themand entered them into their computer? I've read on here that they are SUPPOSED to destroy any records after my background check has been completed. How can I find out if this is true? Do I need to do a FOIA request or just be-bop on down to the courthouse and ask to see the record of electronic destruction or deletion?

Mike

wheelerXD

imported post

50 in spotsy.

On a side note does any one know if Prince William will accept the online class to get your permit there? The reason I ask is the wife was going to take so she can hopefully get her permit before she goes on a trip down to NC and SC with a friend. And I would feel so much more comfortable with her being able to go there armed since I won't be able to go with her due to work. Thanks for the help.

Semper Fi

hsmith

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
$50 in York County.

No military or retiree'sdiscount.

I forgot to add that they do ELECTRONICFingerprinting in York County. I wonder where they sent my fingerprints after they photocopied themand entered them into their computer? I've read on here that they are SUPPOSED to destroy any records after my background check has been completed. How can I find out if this is true? Do I need to do a FOIA request or just be-bop on down to the courthouse and ask to see the record of electronic destruction or deletion?

Mike
FOIA their process for destroying your prints