• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I-1491 Gun confiscation without being convicted

Freedom1Man

The "roommates from the past 12 months" thing is very disturbing.

Imagine going to college and you are in a dorm assigned to a room with an anti-gun idiot who finds out 11 months after you graduate that you are a gun owner.
Or claims you assaulted them 2 years later=DV4 .

This whole law is garbage and belongs in the same place votes for Hillary belong (see latrine).

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

mnrobitaille

I think that the main takeaway from this thread,,, that is about the State of Washington...
Is that we have allowed,,, Mob Rule to make Law!!!

It seems reasonable to accept to allow petitioners to influence Law makers to think about new Laws..

But to accept, and make Law based on the rule of the Mob,
Bypasses the duly, constitutionally, solely authorized Job of the Legislators to make Law in this State!!

In this State and many others,, a voting majority live in a small cluster of Liberal small mind thinkers,,,
In our case,, this is King County.
It is Sad that this is true of many States, but it is a fact, and many states know this..

We are a Representative Country,,, our Founding Fathers knew that representatives
Woud and could do a better job of protecting the rights of All Americans than the rule of the Mob Would!!!

Very valid points made, especially after seeing the results of the Primary Election that we just had. If we were to have an electoral vote (by number of counties), instead of popular vote, Bill Bryant would be #1 for Governor with Jay Inslee being #2. However since the majority of the state's population resides west of the Cascade Curtain, the west-side basically mandates all the rules, regulations, & who gets in office for the statewide elections.

If I remember the results right for I-594, it was passed thanks in part to a majority of the west-side wanting it. From the sounds of things, the same thing will be happening with I-1491.

mnrobitaille

Actually it is just King County. Nobody else needs to even vote. I guess that why it is called King County.

Latest Ballot Return #s for King County as provided by the Secretary of State's website:
#of registered voters: 1,240,245
# of ballots returned: 447,523
voter turnout %: 36.08%

Ballot return stats for Washington State, as a whole:
# of registered voters: 4,102,603
# of ballots returned: 1,425,736
voter turnout %: 34.75%

From the data shown, the best county for returned ballots is San Juan County, with a voter turnout of: 51.39%

So part of the issue is that yes, King County has a high number of voters, however at the same time, the issue is that no one seems to really care if their voice is heard.

Data stated, can be found at: Washington State Secretary of State Voter Turnout

The 3 counties with the largest number of registered voters are: King, Pierce, & Snohomish. Just those 3 counties alone have 2,142,419 registered voters. So just those 3 counties have about 52% of the voting power in Washington. King County alone has: 30% of the voting power. How can 1 county with just 30% of the registered voter population make such a big difference? It had a little help from it's neighbors to the north & south.

Last edited:

mikeyb

the issue is that no one seems to really care if their voice is heard.

that's rich. :lol:

after what got outed during the DNC, i don't think anyone has any reservations about how little their voice is. $ > :cuss:

i still vote, however, because i can.

OC Freedom

It appears Washington citizens will now have their guns taken without being charged of any crime. When this law takes effect next year, be careful when open carrying, for someone might decide to report that you are a threat to society.

Yes, it's Washington and the voters will pass this abominable initiative.

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...ce-gun-rights-with-individual-safety/40392124

Just a few more days until Washingtonians get a brand new unconstitutional gun law. Hold on to your seats.

Ken56

Does this law include police officers and legislators or is there an exemption for them in it? Just google domestic violence involving police officers and see what comes up.

solus

It appears Washington citizens will now have their guns taken without being charged of any crime. When this law takes effect next year, be careful when open carrying, for someone might decide to report that you are a threat to society.

Yes, it's Washington and the voters will pass this abominable initiative.

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...ce-gun-rights-with-individual-safety/40392124

uh, BS shock and awe...

did you even read the 6 July article you posted: quote
1. Initiative 1491
2. It gives family and law enforcement... by petitioning a judge to temporarily suspend a person's access to firearms.
3. There has to be documented evidence that the person poses a serious threat to themselves or to others.
4. ...would easily qualify it for the November ballot.
unquote

this isn't even on the ballot and you are screaming the firestorms are coming...

organize some opposition instead of spreading misinformation worse than the antis...geeeezzzzzz...

ipse

Just a few more days until Washingtonians get a brand new unconstitutional gun law. Hold on to your seats.

looks like your initial 7 july 16 shock and awe post hasn't garnered much persuasion ~ you have been out from ID over the last 4 months organizing counter demos right?

prob not - huh...

but that's alright the WA AG has it covered if the initiative fails to pass...he is ready to push his own agenda which says and implements the same constrictions.

ipse

OC Freedom

looks like your initial 7 july 16 shock and awe post hasn't garnered much persuasion ~ you have been out from ID over the last 4 months organizing counter demos right?

prob not - huh...

but that's alright the WA AG has it covered if the initiative fails to pass...he is ready to push his own agenda which says and implements the same constrictions.

ipse

I'm a citizen of Idaho, not Washington, so why would I involve myself in their business. It's up to Washingtonians to make their own choices and I am confident that they will vote this in.

solus

I'm a citizen of Idaho, not Washington, so why would I involve myself in their business. It's up to Washingtonians to make their own choices and I am confident that they will vote this in.

so you are the individual who starts the bar brawl and then denies any knowledge on how this thread began...

perpetrator of shock and awe mischief not once but several times...

your colors are bright but you are beginning to tarnish a bit as you show your true intentions...

ipse

solus

for those out of state folk who might care...initiative 1491 resoundingly passed 71% to 28% with 1.9M Washingtonians voting out of approximately 5+/-M (2012) eligible to vote.

ipse

solus

Told you so.

Desert canary

as stated...you care from ID since you did nothing from ID?

some from afar (farther than ID mind you) at least offered to send communique(s) but who's offer was rebuffed...

BTW...the oblique & rude comment to my heritage while unwarranted yet shows your maturity with quite the adult mentality when you are hit with the truth...

finally, i will have you know, i am registered by the American Council of Spotted Asses ~ http://www.spottedass.com/

MakeThumbnail.aspx

ipse

Last edited: