• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am amazed at how many permit holders are against open carry!

okboomer

imported post

DMWyatt wrote:
<snip other good stuff>Imagine how different this nation would be if, instead of creating a vastly perpetual welfare state to generate and promote poverty, we never had turned away from the principles of self reliance and individualism. America today is a very hostile nation for freedom loving people like us. I shudder to think what my son and daughter will stumble into when they grow and go out into the world on their own.
Ya hit that one on the head ... it was really scarey to talk to college students in the early 1980's when the liberals were infiltrating our universities and not teaching true critical thinking. It is even more scarey today to talk to so-called adults who have grown up with the 'nanny state' mentality that a lot of Democrats seem to be espousing.

Not that I agree with T. Boone Pickens, but that commercial he is running right now about "go back to sleep, america" is a very true look at how most American's operate daily, Condition White, the governement will provide ... gag me!

You have a choice about how you will raise your childred ... to be critical thinkers with the knowledge and training from parents to deal with the sheeple they will have to interact with daily.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

okboomer wrote:

I can't speak for others, but I believe there is a time and place for both OC and CC. I definitely resent the fact that my state infringes on OC, and we (the people) are working to get that changed.

That said, I also believe that some sort of (regulation is such a negative word, but best I can do for now) for CC is not a bad thing.

This does come back to the difference in purpose between OC and CC ... every one knows you are armed when OC, no one knows you are armed when CC. Best case would be for it to be so prevalent that BG's think everyone is armed whether OC or CC ... deterance at it's best.

The way I see the division between the camps is that most who CC are still under the assumption that any carrying is a priviledge that is to be paid for. And that is underscored by the CC licensing process in most states.

OC does not require the training and qualification nor the background check.

NO, NO, NO...:banghead:

".....shall not be infringed."

This is not subject to ANY infringement. Carry open, carry concealed, carry safe and always carry!

"That said, I also believe that some sort of (regulation is such a negative word, but best I can do for now) for CC is not a bad thing."

If you allow one regulation you allow any and all regualtion. The founders had, criminals with guns, drunks with guns, guys with LOT's of guns.... yet they still penned the words.... "....shall not be infringed."

Live Free or Die

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, yes, and some level of regulation has been upheld by the courts for 200+ years. Don't think that's going to change anytime soon, so you can howl at the moon, but this makes one appear extremist to the masses and thus your voice will be ignored. Or,you can move on with life and work within the limits of what we do have.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
It doesn't matter to me how someone esle wants to carry, to each his/her own.

But in lieu of the current threat we may face with the new administration, I think it would be most helpful if everyone would OC as much as possible. This could be a big help to ALL gun owners, in showing the public that ordinary law abiding citizens can be trusted to carry firearms in public, without causing "gunfights in the streets".
I agree, insofar as people want to OC, and for those who do, I would encourage them to do so as much as possible.

We had an OC meet this morning, and it was clear when we first walked in, the restaurant staff were a touch nervous. After orders were taken, they'd calmed down to normal levels.

Thus, I can see how being polite and trustworthy while in OC mode is indeed helpful in showing that normal, law-abiding citizens who open carry can be trusted!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

since9 wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

But in lieu of the current threat we may face with the new administration, I think it would be most helpful if everyone would OC as much as possible. This could be a big help to ALL gun owners, in showing the public that ordinary law abiding citizens can be trusted to carry firearms in public, without causing "gunfights in the streets".
I agree, insofar as people want to OC, and for those who do, I would encourage them to do so as much as possible.

We had an OC meet this morning, and it was clear when we first walked in, the restaurant staff were a touch nervous. After orders were taken, they'd calmed down to normal levels.

Thus, I can see how being polite and trustworthy while in OC mode is indeed helpful in showing that normal, law-abiding citizens who open carry can be trusted!

Dream Mode~~~~~~~~~~~

Wouldn't it be nice if from Monday through Friday next week. 50 million gun owners Open Carried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:monkey

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

since9 wrote:
Well, yes, and some level of regulation has been upheld by the courts for 200+ years. Don't think that's going to change anytime soon, so you can howl at the moon, but this makes one appear extremist to the masses and thus your voice will be ignored. Or,you can move on with life and work within the limits of what we do have.

I guess you missed my point. I understand what the congress and the courts have done.

But what I am responding to is a OC gun owner suggesting regulation. NO, NO, NO...stand our ground. No new regulation. Piece by piece removal of current regulation. And if it takes 200 years to remove it then so be it. I don't howl at the moon, nor am I extremeist. I live in one of the most liberal cities on the west coast. When new gun regulation comes up I simply and politely say no thank you. I call my legislators and say no thank you. I give them an alternative: Please strengthen sentencing for BG's so they serve there full sentence, no time off for good behavior!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
since9 wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

Dream Mode~~~~~~~~~~~

Wouldn't it be nice if from Monday through Friday next week. 50 million gun owners Open Carried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 days a week, 365 days per year. 24/7.

Now that would send a message heard 'round the world.

Yata hey

sudden valley gunner

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
since9 wrote:

I guess you missed my point. I understand what the congress and the courts have done.

But what I am responding to is a OC gun owner suggesting regulation. NO, NO, NO...stand our ground. No new regulation. Piece by piece removal of current regulation. And if it takes 200 years to remove it then so be it. I don't howl at the moon, nor am I extremeist. I live in one of the most liberal cities on the west coast. When new gun regulation comes up I simply and politely say no thank you. I call my legislators and say no thank you. I give them an alternative: Please strengthen sentencing for BG's so they serve there full sentence, no time off for good behavior!
I agree.
I don't go along with that line of thought of since they have trampled on our rights we should compromise on future tramplings so as not to be trampled upon as much? Yep systematic roll back of restrictions is what I support.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
since9 wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

Dream Mode~~~~~~~~~~~

7 days a week, 365 days per year. 24/7.

Now that would send a message heard 'round the world.

Yata hey
It would be the biggest news story since.....well the Beatles...lol

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
OK, YES. let's do something because it is legal but may well bring negative attention/reaction to gun rights. To h*ll with what the press and public reaction will be. Onward - strike a blow for liberty. You either support my right or you don't!

Sheeessh.

Yata hey
Sorry, but a right unexercised is a right lost.
So much for rhetoric...
I really don't care what you or anyone else thinks about the matter.Talking with youis like talking to a brick wall.:banghead:

Well, as I said, so much for rhetoric...

Rhetoric absent of either reason or understanding of the ramifications is a brick wall. Historically, it's been the way most country's "do or die!" has resulted in death.

I'm not saying abandon it - tons and tons of sound reasoning behind it. Just know when to employ it, and when to hold back, for maximum effect, and minimum damage. A blind and dogmatic "full speed ahead!" campaign against the rocks doesn't help any of us.

Just dodge the rocks - all I'm saying.

KPatrick

imported post

dodge310 wrote:
jhuskey1861 wrote:
And the leo spoke of carrying as being a "privilege". When did a right become a privilege?
We are only as free as the Government allows us to be. So is it a privilage to Carry a Gun? IMO YES.
Let me clear it up for you. Because, to be frank: you are as wrong as wrong can be. We are the masters of our servant government, not the other way around.

"The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to keep and BEAR arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." [emphasis added by me]

The Constitution and Bill of Rights do not limit Citizens at all, only the government. If you honestly believe 'you're only as free as the government lets you be' then you've already lost.

Please, I beg of you. Re-read your Constitution and Bill of Rights. And re-think this position.

To the rest of you: I'll see you at New Lexington.

---KP