• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am considering curbside voting... thoughts?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well, it's done. With the cold weather playing havoc with the breathing I elected (get it? elected) to do curbside voting. They took my ID (last year's voter registration card) inside to do the poll-book entry, came out with the ballot and did everything but hold hands forming a protective perimeter around me as I marked the ballot.

Now I need to scrub down with lye and bleach - except for the two constitutional questions everything was the not-quite-as-evil-as-the-other-guy.

I'm going to avoid the news all day and wake up tomorrow to see what was left under the tree for the next four years.

stay safe.

I'm out of the tree for a while and will do my humanitarian best to see that Kenya gets their Village Idiot Back!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
My brother summed it up nicely:

"Come the seventh of November
I'll try hard to remember
That what I'm thankful fors
Is my guy's ending the world
Not yours!"

I love it!

I also like the one we missed yesterday:

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The gunpowder treason and plot,
I know of no reason the gunpowder treason,
Should ever be forgot

Guy Fawkes Day. Fawkes, even though he failed in his design, is part of the history of the struggle for freedom.

Last edited: