• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am going to keep this short.

OC for ME

Not denying that, but bear in mind they were less likely to be shot by rogue authoritarian police in doing so. Civil disobedience on this issue is giong to be costly, perhaps fataly costly in some cases. Word is Missouri and Minnesota are pushing for confiscation of firearms, its fairly likely thats the spark that might start open hostilities when jack booted thugs start kicking in doors to put people's families under the gun simply because of the property they legally owned before.
The "proposed" gun confiscation bill in Missouri.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ation-of-Assualt-rifles-pistols-and-magazines

A e-mail/letter/telephone call to your elected representatives is just one more voice that must be listened to by them. The more voices, the louder the message. Many may not have the time or means to visit their reps at the state house but many do have a daily opportunity to meet their friends and acquaintances and spread the word. Any effort is preferred over no effort.

I applaud those who make the time to visit their reps and other reps at the state house. These folks are the point of the spear, so to speak. We all must work to make a strong spear shaft that is required to support the point of the spear. If you are not able to stand shoulder to shoulder with those folks please lend any support that you may be able lend.

Thank you citizens for all that you do to ensure liberty prevails.....please believe me when I say that you are not alone.

Old Grump

Anot6her old and disabled man here who is both a Navy vet and an army vet. I can't travel without a lot of pain and discomfort. I can't march or stand for long periods of time but I write letters, E-mails and make phone calls. I don't have a lot of free cash but what I have goes for ammo and to pro 2nd activist groups like GOA. SAF NRA, etc. Might not be doing as much good as somebody who can present themselves in person at the office of the legislators but I have letters from Olympia Washington, Ontario Canada, Hartford Connecticut, etc. and news papers like the Golden Colorado Newspapers, South Carolina Newspapers, Chicago Sun times, London Express etc. and even had some of my letters or comments printed.

I make my voice heard and somebody might be persuaded or at least prodded a little to take another look at the issue. All I know is if you keep quiet because you can't get on your hindlegs and march with a sign then nobody will hear you. Some little self righteous hyper active dude thinks I am not doing enough, well to bad, I am doing all I can and I try and do it without ticking off all our allies by calling them lazy bums.

M-Taliesin

Anot6her old and disabled man here who is both a Navy vet and an army vet.
<Snip>
I make my voice heard and somebody might be persuaded or at least prodded a little to take another look at the issue. All I know is if you keep quiet because you can't get on your hindlegs and march with a sign then nobody will hear you. Some little self righteous hyper active dude thinks I am not doing enough, well to bad, I am doing all I can and I try and do it without ticking off all our allies by calling them lazy bums.

Howdy Grump!
First, let me personally thank you for your service to our nation and response to the call of duty. It is a rare person who can claim service in two different branches of our military, and it is an impressive expression of patriotism that you can take pride in stating.

That you make your voice heard is the important thing. That you are doing what you are able is what is important.
Where I have an issue is when somebody that can't be bothered to do anything at all, and is unable to cite one instance where he made any effort,
decides to blast everybody who is out there working daily, in the trenches, fighting for our rights, and throwing sand in the face of patriots such as yourself.
When somebody slams the entire community of Coloradoans fighting for our rights, they shows that clearly enough they know nothing of what is actually going on. It is pretty obvious when someone hasn't been to the rallies, hasn't been to the state capitol, hasn't take part in the marches, hasn't hit the pavement to be part of the effort to preserve our 2A rights. That would be much harder than simply sitting in judgment of everybody else. Some people can't be bothered to drive across town, let alone across the state, to meet with others in the effort to keep our rights. They are only too willing to enjoy the rights others worked to maintain without investing any effort on their own.

Insult me, I don't care. I will keep working.
Threaten me, and I'll still be speaking out.
Ignore me. It won't matter. I will still be proclaiming our Constitutional rights.
Denounce me. That's okay because I'll still take to the streets, still take part in rallies, still contact my representatives, still push back against restrictive legislation, still write in defense of our rights, still make late night drives to attend meetings in far away places, still join with my fellow Coloradoans to build solidarity, and perhaps most importantly of all... continue to keep and bear arms, openly carried as appropriate to my right to do so.

The bottom line is: Coloradoans are working hard to keep our rights alive.
And I don't much care about an opinion from anybody who isn't making some sort of effort, as you have done, and should be applauded for doing what you are able.
Kudos to you good sir, kudos indeed!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

KBCraig

I have only followed the headlines in Colorado. I'm not involved because I've never been to the state and have no plans to visit, although I do cheer on any pro-gun efforts in every state.

So, I haven't been aware of the details, and was rather shocked when I saw the outcome, with all four anti-gun bills passing the house easily, and expected to do the same in the Senate.

When I saw the vote totals and realized you only have 65 members in a state legislature serving over 5 million people, the light clicked on. There's your problem: professional politicians from large districts serve their parties instead of their constituents. When your representatives aren't your neighbors, it's easier for them to become polarized, voting party over principle.

Colorado, a great western state built by rugged individualism, has lost the focus on the principle of individual freedom. The state went pro-liberty for marijuana, then turned right around and went anti-liberty on guns.

Not the fine folks here, of course; I know you're doing your best, but when a state has such a concentrated metro area and no true representation, this is what happens (see Illinois).

I'm sorry for your loss of rights; I don't know how to fix it, because flipping control of a polarized government usually means threatening other liberties.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

I'm sorry for your loss of rights; I don't know how to fix it, because flipping control of a polarized government usually means threatening other liberties.

Howdy Amigo!
Our rights are lost yet, but it does look grim.
As for the whole polarized government thing, that's precisely why I favored Gary Johnson, Libertarian, for President.
He was the only candidate running with a no-nonsense stance on gun rights!
Too bad, because he'd have been a better President by accident than the other guys on purpose.
At least, that's how I saw it.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I have only followed the headlines in Colorado. I'm not involved because I've never been to the state and have no plans to visit, although I do cheer on any pro-gun efforts in every state.

So, I haven't been aware of the details, and was rather shocked when I saw the outcome, with all four anti-gun bills passing the house easily, and expected to do the same in the Senate.

When I saw the vote totals and realized you only have 65 members in a state legislature serving over 5 million people, the light clicked on. There's your problem: professional politicians from large districts serve their parties instead of their constituents. When your representatives aren't your neighbors, it's easier for them to become polarized, voting party over principle.

Colorado, a great western state built by rugged individualism, has lost the focus on the principle of individual freedom. The state went pro-liberty for marijuana, then turned right around and went anti-liberty on guns.

Not the fine folks here, of course; I know you're doing your best, but when a state has such a concentrated metro area and no true representation, this is what happens (see Illinois).

It's really sad. Colorado was, for a time, at the very top of Marshaul's Freest Places to Live list. Some folks just don't know a good thing when they've got it.

range rat

You have not met me ! My wacky wacky legislature (in CT) is trying to pass bills wrongly (not following committee rules).

I did not contact my representative ... I filed a complaint to have to committee hearing voided.

I have participated in committee hearings too, like many others -- perhaps you consider this to be just another avenue of "contacting your reps?" but its really more than that.

many people attend rallies and do other things too ...

My reps are antis so while I do speak and will continue to speak to them about commie gun bills ... I know that they'll likely still vote for them.

But "normal" efforts have been successful in the past ... even in wacky wacky CT ...

With all do respect But it might be time too take this too the next level. Remenber the sixties protest marches, draft card burning.. burning of the bars, oh
yea that was the girles, any who it got the press watching.. you got to hit them in there pocket book..
Get a petition started like we reject this law, get with Magpul, use our form to link up, for Ideas, help with phone calls, Hell i'm still layed off an i'm know to be a pain in the ass.. Get spots on Talk radios have a list of gun stories that had a happy ending. It's time to be deficient..

Maybe something like this!!! Rework this an get it out to any an all state reps, news papers, radios, the Gov, an the Lt Gov

How expensive is justice? it costs an average of $78.95 each day to keep a criminal behind bars.

Here is what it's going to Cost you ( them ) ( Colorado ) for your New Gun-Control Measures !!

Well, like Ms, Rhonda Fields said, Enough is Enough "This bill will never keep evil people from doing evil thing."

Be it a Knife, a Club, even a Car, a sick person will find a way..
BEIJING (AP) — A man wielding a knife wounded 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes.

In one of the worst attacks, a man described as an unemployed, middle-aged doctor killed eight children with a knife in March 2010 to vent his anger over a thwarted romantic relationship.

As with the previous attack, in which a man with a meat cleaver injured 23 students in adjacent Henan Province on Dec.14.
HONG KONG — A man angry over a court ruling in the case of his daughter’s murder used his car to run down a group of high school students in northern China, causing 13 to be hospitalized with injuries.

So just Imagine if we don't pay the fines, and op for jail time, do you have any Idea how many of us there are, the lost of man hours for a Company, an Welfare assistance, Food Stamps, an Medal Cost for our family while we're in Prison. Well there is a Strong Possibility your about to fine out.

Just one more thing, Please open this Web Site http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...-not-doing-business-with-you-anymore-n1513978

The Price of Prisons: What Incarceration Costs Taxpayers
Vera Institute of Justice. January 2012. State taxpayers pay, on average, 14 percent more on prisons than corrections department budgets reflect, according to the report The report found that among the 40 states that responded to a survey, the total fiscal year 2010 taxpayer cost of prisons was $38.8 billion, $5.4 billion more than in state corrections budgets for that year. When all costs are considered, the annual average taxpayer cost in these states was $31,166 per inmate. PARTICIPATING STATES: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho. Illinois Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island. Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin. Download the report and fact sheets for each participating state at http://vera.org/priceofprisons.

http://www.vera.org/download?file=3407/the-price-of-prisons.pdf

T he Colorado Department of Corrections (DOC) had $584.7 million in prison expenditures. However, the state also had $21.5 million in prison-related costs outside the department’s budget. The total cost of Colorado’s prisons—to incarcerate an average daily population of 19,958—was therefore $606.2 million, of which 3.5 percent were costs outside the corrections budget.

Determining the total cost of state prisons requires accounting for expenditures in all areas of government that support the prison system—not just those within the corrections budget. The additional costs to taxpayers can include expenses that are centralized for administrative purposes (such as employee benefits and capital costs) and services for inmates funded through other agencies. Prison costs also include the cost of underfunded contributions to corrections employees’ pensions and retiree health care plans; states must pay the remainder of those contributions in the future.

rushcreek2

In addition to the referendum & iniative process available to either reverse, or amend this exhibition of political excess, the Colorado appellate courts have a strong record of holding State official's feet to the constitutional fire in regards to the right to keep & bear arms.

Imagine a provision of the Colorado Consitution providing that:

" The right of no person to own and operate a motor vehicle shall be called into question, but nothing provided herein shall be construed to allow the practice of driving a motor vehicle after dark with the headlights turned off."

Even under the presumption of constitutionality standard, it is unlikely that any Colorado appellate court would validate as being constitutional an act of the State arbitrarily limiting the fuel capacity of motor vehicles while exempting official governmental motor vehicles from that same standard.

The State would in fact be calling into question such a specified RIGHT of a person to own and operate a motor vehicle - since ANY arbitrarily established fuel capacity COULD NEVER BE DETERMINED TO BE SUFFICIENT TO MEET THE SITUATIONAL OPERATING DEMANDS under every conceivable circumstance being UNKNOWABLE, and UNPREDICTABLE - would effectively negate the constitutional provision enumerating, and reserving that RIGHT.

What does seem to be unlimited is the laundry list of "common sense reasonable" gun infringements that constitute nothing less than blatant back door thinly veiled attempts to nullify the the 2nd Amendment as well.

Last edited:

Saxxon

Range rat,

I think most people who own firearms and are law abiding citizens maintain a standard of living and responsibility that won't let them go camp out in jail for a while to make a point.

Thats a tactic for the left with college students who don't have a pot to piss in, so they go to jail to get one and all the free sex they can stand.

Ruchcreek,

The first order of business is getting a recall effort going against Rep. Salazar, the mysogynist state rep from Thornton who thinks that women should just carry a whistle or run for a safe zone when confronted by someone who is trying to rape them by force. By if those things worked rape wouldn't be possible as any woman would just run away. The other "tips" injected into that deabte other others are even more absurd - using bodily fluids, fainting, etc.

Salazar and those like him are setting up women foolish enough to follow their advice for a very bad experience they could have avoided had they simply had a firearm, presented it and told the attacker to piss off rath than trying to piss on them (which due to female anatomy would be rather difficult. Barring the attacker running away, I've not lost a seconds sleep over a rapist that gets shot by his intended victim. No one but an anti-gun fanatical zealot would.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Wont see a physical war. Too many cowards. The men of today are nothing like the men of 60, 70 years ago. NOTHING LIKE THEM! There are very few with a back bone. Those few cant do it by themselves. Why should those brave men get shot in the street while their neighbors close their blinds and turn away? This picture is what America is now.

Funny thing. Vietnam wasn't 60, 70 years ago. I seem to remember quite a few brave men back then. I sincerely doubt time has turned them into cowards.