• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am stun to hear that was denied from purchasing a handgun

paul@paul-fisher.com

look i'm sure everyone had their share of mistakes when they were a minor probably just not as stupid as mine. did i regret it? definitely. i'm not one of them stupid kids who you were talking about. i'm not a dumb ass who thinks i can just do anything i want and think it all will go away when i turn 18.

OK, the key is that you have to use the legal system to get your record expunged.

As a side note, if you vote, you might want to make sure you still have that right. You really don't want ANOTHER felony, do you?

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Nazir Al-Mujaahid had a juvenile armed robbery on his record and got his permit

look i'm sure everyone had their share of mistakes when they were a minor probably just not as stupid as mine. did i regret it? definitely. i'm not one of them stupid kids who you were talking about. i'm not a dumb ass who thinks i can just do anything i want and think it all will go away when i turn 18.

This story shows that the person who shot the shotgun robber in Aldi's had his permit and had a juvenile armed robbery on his record. Perhaps there is hope for you yet:

http://www.abajournal.com/news/arti...shot_armed_robber_sues_for_return_of_his_gun/

An Aldi customer in Milwaukee who shot and wounded an armed robber is suing police for the return of his gun.

Nazir Al-Mujaahid had a concealed weapons permit to carry the gun, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel blog Proof & Hearsay. In February, prosecutors said Al-Mujaahid was within his legal rights when he shot the man who pointed a shotgun at a cashier and then at Al-Mujaahid, according to a prior Journal Sentinel story.

But police are keeping Al-Mujaahid’s gun as evidence in the case against two men accused in the robbery. Wisconsin Carry Inc., a gun rights group, is helping Al-Mujaahid in his quest for return of the gun. The suit filed last week claims a violation of Al-Mujaahid’s due process rights.

Al-Mujaahid has filed three other suits for return of guns seized in prior incidents. He won two of the cases; a third is pending. He received a concealed carry permit last year under a new Wisconsin law, despite a juvenile record of armed robbery, the Journal Sentinel says. The law allowed the permit because the offense occurred prior before April 1994.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

The source of the significance of 1994 will be interesting. Too bad the ABA Journal doesn't require citations like OCDO Rule (5).

ETA a quick search of Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 175 for "1994" returned no hits. Wisconsin Statutes in general returned 153 hits on "1994".

Last edited: