• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I carry?! Why I does?

tedwitt

I carry, Why I does..............duh

I sounds like someone likes what's happening.

As for a job in a strange town, they cross our borders and get jobs in strange towns every day.

Nothing Personal.

WalkingWolf

OP you can limit some of your drama. If it is not your job and does not concern you personally, let it be. Hey I believe there is a song with that title.

Operator_223

Now Now lets not judge others.

Lets not judge others. The OP lives in a bad neighborhood probably because they dont like it.... but because of life's practicalities in todays world. Look. You bust your rear end to gross about a hundred a day pre-tax if youre lucky. then sammy comes and wants 40%. then you have to feed your car, your landlord, and pay the bills. Good hamburger is almost $6 a pound (not the rosy odonnell liposuction pink slime fat stuff....). I get a nosebleed when I go grocery shopping.

Jobs are very hard to find.... the good ones anyway. there's tons and tons of $12 to 18$ an hour jobs that totally blow but honestly... you really cant live on that anymore with the raging inflation thanks to the dunderhead money printers in the nations government. You can still survive at that level of income... but its not fun and saving money to change your life is a slipping dream.

I've been there. exactly there. It is what it is. We do the best we can.

Liberty is not only for the rich and well to do. It is for everyone all up and down.

I've pulled my 1911 several times, and didnt have to fire. One look at the wrong end of that honkin' sewer pipe had them wanting to go change their drawers more than robbing.

Last edited:

Maine Expat

Glad I have the money and no social connections? I'm retired U.S.Army, living on a small fixed income, and you wouldn't believe the social connections I have, both of my own and through my wife. For what it is worth, not all of my social connections are in this country, either.

Several times in my life, I have been forced by circumstances to pick up and move to another location, usually without a whole lot of money and once or twice with no job prospects in sight. One of those times, the economy was almost as bad as it is now. I managed to move, find work, and survive.

I've told many young people recently that, if they cannot find a job in this country, they need to look into becoming an expatriate if just for long enough to get back on their feet. Most overseas employers will pay for your travel and living expenses such as rent and utilities. Don't have any skills? Find a way to get some training. Again, some overseas employers will get you the necessary training if they are hurting for employees.

I happen to know that, if you have a bachelor's degree and enough common sense to teach, that China is begging for English teachers. In some cases, they will even waive the degree requirement. China is not the only country doing that, btw. You have that advantage right there in that you already speak, read, and write one of the most difficult languages to learn in the entire world: English.

Bottom line: You don't like your job and you are in a dangerous neighborhood? Get off your biblical beast of burden and do something about it!! No one else is going to fix it for you so it is up to you. Isn't that one of the reasons we carry a firearm? So that we do not have to depend on someone else for our, or our family's, safety? So, apply that same logic to your situation and get moving.

Actually TEFL teachers are in big demand everywhere and many countries (like Russia) have no degree requirement. Just get a 120 hour TEFL Cert (on line) and you're good to get out o Dodge.

I'm working on my Cert atm because I'm RETIRED, bored silly expat looking for something interesting to do. Check out i-to-i at onlinetefl.com for some more info.