• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Do Believe My Company's Weapons Policy Violates State Law

Comm

Sadly I think I was let go from U.K. because of this. I have always carried in my vehicle locked up even before the Mitchel case was known. Once it hit the airwaves, I remember several people talking about this saying it was "Good" that U.K. did that. I tried to keep my mouth shut about the whole thing and listen, but one day it hit a nerve when a co-worker said she thought all guns should be banned!

From that moment on, I was "black flagged" and even though no one knew I was licensed and carried, it seems like more people "kept" their distance from me. I was also a very vocal in saying my mind about Obama and his policies. I thought freedom of speech was alive and well, but then I found out U.K. is a very Democratic University. I had posted several links about Obama and his polices on gun issues, and it was January this year, when I was called into my Director office, and he told me my position was "eliminated". They gave me 3 months severance package, and said they would do everything they could to help me find another job. (Still waiting)

So I have to agree with Glockster, and keep your mouth shut, and watch what you say in Facebook (If you post anything) because employers like to look at employees post.