• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I finally joined VCDL! ('bout time, eh)

Fozzy_Bear

imported post

yup.

just got mine too.

Next time I wash my Jeep, I'm put the sticker on (but of course Jeeps being what they are... that might be 3 years from now... :D )

Bundabar

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
out of curiousity, when did you guys join?
Joined via the web on Wednesday, July 30th... got my card and bumper sticker in the mail onWednesday, August 6th

owen502

imported post

skidmark wrote:
DHCruiser & Owen502 - welcome aboard.

Owen - it's not difficult to start your own version of VCDL down there in Lousiana. You can contact VCDL via their web sire http://www.vcdl.org and get some help and ideas. Heck, if the folks in West Virginia and Texas can do it, you can, too. :lol:

stay safe.

skidmark

I wish I had the time to devote to it. We need some of these retired people to do it. I can imagine it would be hard for me to keep a job and start something like this. Help, yes, but not lead it.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

owen502 wrote:
skidmark wrote:
DHCruiser & Owen502 - welcome aboard.

Owen - it's not difficult to start your own version of VCDL down there in Lousiana. You can contact VCDL via their web sire http://www.vcdl.org and get some help and ideas. Heck, if the folks in West Virginia and Texas can do it, you can, too. :lol:

stay safe.

skidmark

I wish I had the time to devote to it. We need some of these retired people to do it. I can imagine it would be hard for me to keep a job and start something like this. Help, yes, but not lead it.

There are lots of "old farts" who hang around the Legislature and/or the courthouses. Start talking with them - especially if they are ones you know are interested in OC and other RKBA issues. IIRC VCDL was started by 3 guys who were pissed about "may issue" concealed handgun permits and you can see how it has blossomed since then. Be a Board member if yoiu don't want to be the spokesperson/point of contact.

As the ad says, "Just do it."

stay safe.

skidmark

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

owen502 wrote:
RETIRED??? Did you know only one member of the Board of the VCDL is retired? The others have a full time job and most are instructors too!