• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have seen the light, Republicans ARE EVIL...

OC for ME

Actually, Berretta (sp), I look at the National Debt and its associated TAXATION as the MOST important NEGATIVE driver on the economy! but I wasn't asked in the survey posted nor am I privy to the exact questions asked OR the sequence in which they were asked....

Here it is:

I’m now going to read you a short list of issues in the news. For each, please tell me how important that issue is in terms of how you will vote in the next Congressional election.

Economy

National Security and the War on Terror

Energy Policy

War in Afghanistan

Immigration

Government Ethics and Corruption

Taxes

Health Care

Social Security

Education

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...mportance_of_issues_february_22_23_26_27_2012

Being able to reasonably articulate a position is not the same as that position being a reasonable position, that can be articulated.

Example:

It is reasonable to conclude that gun control measures do work __________ (provide example to substantiate). It is also reasonable to conclude that gun control measures do not work __________ (provide example to substantiate).

It is not what you say that will get you off the hook, it is that other folks (a jury) need to be convinced, beyond a reasonable doubt, that your actions, based on all of the available facts, were a reasonable response to someone talking mean to you. Not sure how prevalent it is for juries to side with a shooter when the predominate justification for the shoot was due to some mean words and a mean look/posture. Though, juries have been known to make some surprising judgements.

We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the world; and its efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men every day who don't know anything and can't read. - Mark Twain

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Yes, but most Americans willingly advocate this, or blindly support policies which result in the same. I can't afford to hate everybody.
Now, here is a good man--a man who has so little hate he has to budget it.
Marshaul is a good man, even a great young man, but full of love as he should be, and with too little room for hate.

Leave that cold and sour dish to us old guys that have had a life full of love, with much unrequited.

Trying to read this thread illuminates the need for a 'thread ignore' function in addition to the ignore list function. I hope that y'all had a safe celebratory St. Patrick's Day.

I've just finished Henning Mankell's Wallander Series that well illustrates the culture that gave us nigla. The last story touched me in a number of ways, aging, children, and Cold War stories that paralleled some of my experience. Kurt Wallander is a Swedish cop and a fine antidote to Stieg Larsson's distopia.

Nigla is demonstrated here on OCDO regularly.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Marshaul is a good man, even a great young man, but full of love as he should be, and with too little room for hate.

Leave that cold and sour dish to us old guys that have had a life full of love, with much unrequited.

Trying to read this thread illuminates the need for a 'thread ignore' function in addition to the ignore list function. I hope that y'all had a safe celebratory St. Patrick's Day.

I've just finished Henning Mankell's Wallander Series that well illustrates the culture that gave us nigla. The last story touched me in a number of ways, aging, children, and Cold War stories that paralleled some of my experience. Kurt Wallander is a Swedish cop and a fine antidote to Stieg Larsson's distopia.

Nigla is demonstrated here on OCDO regularly.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Just out of curiosity, what is Nigla? My google-fu has failed me.

Tawnos

You called him a mean word: homophobe. This means that he was afraid of homosexuals.

Or homosexuality, homonyms, homophones, or perhaps even homosapiens.

But really, it's more like hopolophobes - those who act out against firearms because they don't want them around, to the point you can only conclude there is a deep seated fear that defies reason.

Daylen

:p

A mandate is not force. A mandate is a mandate. You can't be forced to comply with a mandate, you can be fined or imprisoned for not complying with the mandate.

An example: There is a mandate that states that you have to agree with me, if you don't you will be thrown in prison. Now, you are not being forced to agree with me, you can choose to not agree with me. Although, the alternative to not agreeing with me is prison; you choose--it's all about choice, right?:cool:

There is a third choice as well.