• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need to speak with a 2nd Amendment Lawyer

mobeewan

Your logic is flawed. I'm not a drug user. Back then, yes. Now? No, i'm not.

When you say "I'm not saying the court is right or worng..", we all know you're saying you think they are right. It's kinda like when someone says "No offense but...", we know they mean to offend.

It is good you are no longer a user, but only you know that for sure. I never said you were still using. At the time before you posted additional information, I just commented on how the court may have been looking at it. That is why I wished you well. If I had thought you were still using I would have hoped you never got a permit and stated so. You dug your own grave with your proir convictions and now you have to prove to the court why you don't deserve to continue to lie in it and have been resurected as a new person. As I said good luck, but I see that you will have to wait a while longer because of your additional conviction.

suffolk

It is good you are no longer a user, but only you know that for sure. I never said you were still using. At the time before you posted additional information, I just commented on how the court may have been looking at it. That is why I wished you well. If I had thought you were still using I would have hoped you never got a permit and stated so. You dug your own grave with your proir convictions and now you have to prove to the court why you don't deserve to continue to lie in it and have been resurected as a new person. As I said good luck, but I see that you will have to wait a while longer because of your additional conviction.

Your logic is still flawed. I have already paid my debt to society. I don't have to prove anything to the court. My actions speak for themselves in that I haven't gotten in anymore trouble.

It's funny to see how disconnected from reality some people are when it comes to marijuana. People throw around the terms "user" and "addict" like they would when talking about a crackhead or some hard drug user. The fact is that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. You don't have to smoke it either to "use" it, so the smoke damaging the lungs argument only goes so far.

Either way, i've paid my debt to society through the sentencing of the courts, yet I still pay for it every single day by people's false judgements of me and when looking for a job.

It would be nice to see people stop drinking the mass media kool-aid and stop with the reefer madness propaganda.

jegoodin

Your logic is still flawed. I have already paid my debt to society. I don't have to prove anything to the court. My actions speak for themselves in that I haven't gotten in anymore trouble.

No, according to VA law your "debt" will be paid in 2014. Unless you get strike 3 in the interim.

sharkey

Imagine if recreational use of wine and beer were still this way. I don't smoke pot but come on.

eddiejd

Imagine if recreational use of wine and beer were still this way. I don't smoke pot but come on.

So glad to see at least ONE person that pointed out the ridiculousness of these other comments condemning this person for smoking pot.

Who would be more likely to endanger someone with a firearm, a person drunk or a person stoned. I guess it could be argued that BOTH....so by that logic ANYONE who drinks alcohol SHALL HAVE THEIR GUN RIGHTS REVOKED.

Yea sounds pretty ridiculous right?

I know you "good 'ole boys" love your beer...and if that's the case you should probably keep your trap shut.

I know the keyboard cowboys will now respond with...."I don't drink or smoke so this doesn't apply to me which makes me better than everyone."

My response to that is congratulations on being a perfect human being, or a complete liar. But I guess only you will know which you truly are.

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Don't be fooled into thinking that all the rest of us have no issue with our nanny government laws on drugs other than caffeine, nicotine and alcohol. The idea that the rewards of my hard work are being sucked from every paycheck through various taxes and fees so a bunch of out of do-gooder nannies can tell others what substances they may or may not use for their pleasure is incredibly offensive. I find it an offense to my inteligence when I hear people talk about freedom loving politicians and bureaucrats who take taxpayer money to continue to make and enforce these laws.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So glad to see at least ONE person that pointed out the ridiculousness of these other comments condemning this person for smoking pot.

Who would be more likely to endanger someone with a firearm, a person drunk or a person stoned. I guess it could be argued that BOTH....so by that logic ANYONE who drinks alcohol SHALL HAVE THEIR GUN RIGHTS REVOKED.

I know you "good 'ole boys" love your beer...and if that's the case you should probably keep your trap shut.

I know the keyboard cowboys will now respond with...."I don't drink or smoke so this doesn't apply to me which makes me better than everyone."

My response to that is congratulations on being a perfect human being, or a complete liar. But I guess only you will know which you truly are.

All well and good for a person to make decisions for themselves. I am neither perfect, nor a liar. Yep, I smoke cigarettes, but virtually never touch alcohol and don't smoke pot.

Know what else I do? I obey the law AND the rules of this forum, including Rule 15.

If anyone thinks that they are above the law or that the law doesn't apply to them, they can tell it to the judge or get the law changed, but do not advocate it here. That is not how we do things.

BTW- might be good to get to know us before you presume to lecture us on our style.

Oh and welcome aboard OCDO. :D

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So glad ....

Welcome to OCDO. What brings you here, and are you going to stick around and actually be a part of the conversation?

I ask because being an Oulde Phart (sort of like a "good 'ole [sic] boy" but without the "good" part) I need to decide just how much of my energy to use in responding to posts like yours.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What Grapeshot said and.....maybe you should read every post before you dump on the whole group.

That said, there are some problems with the story, like why the second offense wasn't mentioned, why there are so many Eddie's on here lately slowly turning up the volume over nothing and why we have 3 pages over a CHP issue on an Open Carry Board, and before you say it, I contributed to that because I was trying to be nice. Thankfully, that's passed!

love4guns

I know many "non good ole boys"that like their beer as well. Seems like you have some preconceived notions about people that OC..well do yourself a favor and keep them on ice.