• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think I may have touched a nerve... (or how I gots robbed)

45acpForMe

I'm surprised they don't walk off more often.
I'll bet I've given away 50 of the pins. Everyone wants one. The camera woman for Channel 8 even got one from me and she's borderline anti.

I think the reason more don't walk off is because most people don't realize that they are magnetic and easily removed. When I see a bumber sticker on a car I assume it is glued on unless it noticeably sticks up like a magnet.

nova

And this is why I removed the mags from my pickup. I noticed a lot of magnets missing from vehicles in my neighborhood. Maybe the owners removed them, maybe not. My truck was parked with the tailgate away from the street, so if it was a thief they probably didn't see them on my truck.

wylde007

I think the reason more don't walk off is because most people don't realize that they are magnetic and easily removed.
Or maybe, just maybe, people realize that removing an article from someone else's vehicle is indeed THEFT and, regardless of the intentions or predilections of the thief, is still a crime.

Our Lord saw no difference between the theft of one shekel or the theft of one's entire fortune. It is the inherent wrongness of the deed, not the volume or value of the object(s) stolen.

Whatever the reason for not taking something that belongs to someone else, I would like to believe that people are generally good... and that the immoral propaganda of the media cartels and public skrewl system are like tarnish.

They may be crass, indoctrinated shills on the surface, but somewhere in each is a person of value.

I have to believe that, or else all my other libertarian arguments fail under even the most casual scrutiny.

45acpForMe

Or maybe, just maybe, people realize that removing an article from someone else's vehicle is indeed THEFT and, regardless of the intentions or predilections of the thief, is still a crime.

Our Lord saw no difference between the theft of one shekel or the theft of one's entire fortune. It is the inherent wrongness of the deed, not the volume or value of the object(s) stolen.

Whatever the reason for not taking something that belongs to someone else, I would like to believe that people are generally good... and that the immoral propaganda of the media cartels and public skrewl system are like tarnish. <snip>

My comments were intended to describe people that normally would want to steal or deface the sticker/magnet. There are many law abiding people that would not. As far as your likes, I would like to be able to fly but that isn't reality. Our Lord (and I use the term with all reverence) confirmed through the bible that there is no one good, not one. Don't put too much faith in your fellow man, (any is sometimes too much) or you may find yourself disappointed.

wylde007

My comments were intended to describe people that normally would want to steal or deface the sticker/magnet.
Fair enough.
As far as your likes, I would like to be able to fly but that isn't reality.
Indeed.
Don't put too much faith in your fellow man, (any is sometimes too much) or you may find yourself disappointed.
I merely mentioned that in order for my libertarian argument to hold up I have to grant a certain amount of license to others to be responsible for their own actions or I appear nothing but a hypocrite.

We are all born into sin. Only through Him are we saved.

beachpatriot13

That's not a rumour. There are no "new" Saturns being built.

However, GM has claimed that all outstanding warranties and service will still be available, so Saturn-qualified service techs could still be in demand, at least for the immediately foreseeable future.

I understand they estimate enough OEM parts in inventory to get them through about 5-7 years.

But don't quote me on that last part.:D

pretty much this. we plan on being open til oct under the saturn name at this location. thats when gm ends our contact.