• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think it's time to have a serious discusiion....

KYGlockster

Activist Member
That's f**king awesome. Now how do we get KY on board???

We already have this, but it is not good enough.

From KRS 527.020:

(3) The provisions of this section prohibiting the unlawful possession of a weapon on school property shall not apply to:

(f) ANY OTHER PERSONS, including, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, exhibitors of historical
displays, who have been authorized to carry a firearm by the board of education or board of trustees of the public or private institution;(emphasis mine)

We need the law amended so that ANYONE with a CDWL can carry on K-12 school property WITHOUT seeking permission from the school board. How many teachers do you think ask for permission to carry while at school? I would guess none. If the law is amended so that anyone with a CDWL can be armed on school property (while removing the permission requirement of course), then our schools will become much safer.

Big Betty

Yeah but.....

I agree with having someone in the schools for protection. I don't agree with people who feel the need to have open carry in certain public places and think it's ok. If I went to a kid's birthday party and carried a gun on my side and thought it was ok...then that makes me feel stupid seeing those kids with my gun on my side. I know that kids shouldn't be afraid of guns but if they are at school, especially young kids, and see a person with a gun also....what should they feel then? I don't know about the gun situation in some schools but added protection by upgrading your school is a must. Added security of the doors is a big step. A buzz in system is the best and most schools DON'T have this. Before we need to let children see us carrying our guns while at school, let's upgrade the schools for better access in that school. I know the situation in CT was a little more than we can grasp sometimes but he did have access in a secure school...from what I have read. Not by what I had seen. Different thing. Let's educate children first and help them understand the need for added security also.

WalkingWolf

I agree with having someone in the schools for protection. I don't agree with people who feel the need to have open carry in certain public places and think it's ok. If I went to a kid's birthday party and carried a gun on my side and thought it was ok...then that makes me feel stupid seeing those kids with my gun on my side. I know that kids shouldn't be afraid of guns but if they are at school, especially young kids, and see a person with a gun also....what should they feel then? I don't know about the gun situation in some schools but added protection by upgrading your school is a must. Added security of the doors is a big step. A buzz in system is the best and most schools DON'T have this. Before we need to let children see us carrying our guns while at school, let's upgrade the schools for better access in that school. I know the situation in CT was a little more than we can grasp sometimes but he did have access in a secure school...from what I have read. Not by what I had seen. Different thing. Let's educate children first and help them understand the need for added security also.

I have yet to see a child upset over seeing a gun on a law abiding citizen, that is adult phobia not a child's. You are putting your emotions and fears onto children in an attempt to further a agenda. Sandy Hooks did have a buzz in system, and the doors were locked. Apparently the storm bolts were not engaged though. He shot the windows out, had there been armed guards or staff they could have returned fire WHILE HE WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOORS.

I have been around children most of my life open carrying a gun, both as a police officer and a law abiding citizen. Children are curious and ask questions, they approach me with those questions. They certainly would not if they were scared. Remember Obama's children are around armed men ALL the time. The school his children attend have 11 armed guards, not counting Secret Service. How dare they treat his children this way!

BTW having allergies as a child women wearing a gallon of perfume scared me, I think they scared most children. They really should outlaw perfume and makeup in public.

Last edited:

MrOverlay

We have a small court security unit in Kentucky that provides additional security for high profile trials across the state. Our standard "uniform" was a navy blue blazer, white shirt (with tie) and grey slacks. We tried to maintain a low profile in the court room (although two or three strangers all dressed alike might draw attention) and simply be available if needed.

Yes we were armed, myself with more than one:)

I think this approach could also work in the schools. The individuals I am speaking of would be tasked with protection of the students and staff, not busting someone for a bag of grass. Getting tied up with such things would take away from the primary mission.

While it is still not perfect, it is a lot better than nothing.

I have read, but don't know for sure, that the school the Presidents daughters attend, and other big wigs have 11 armed security individuals, not counting Secret Service.

The President also allegedly said he ran for a second term so he could have men with guns protecting his daughters when they were dating.

Seems like another case of good for me, but not for thee.

I also noted that not a single person called Senator Boxer's idea of using the National Guard stupid, dumb ass, and crazy as they did with the NRA.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I agree with you. I also believe using the National Guard in our schools is a horrible idea. I want to move away from the police state, not further into one.

Hopefully one day soon nobody will be able to arrest someone for a small bag of grass. This is just another form of oppression, and it is ridiculous that people can have access to alcohol that kills tens of thousands a year but not a natural plant that kills none. The strict regulation of this one natural plant leads to increased violence.

If we do not place people in our schools who are tasked with protecting our children while discreetly armed then we are never going to stop these attacks.

The liberal anti-gunners want to restrict law-abiding citizens' ability to aquire certain weapons, while they do not attempt anything that will actually stop a criminal from attacking our children in school. They are either unable to process logical thoughts or they are pushing their agenda for control of the population.

History doesn't lie people. Check it out.

We must place people in our schools that are capable of defending our children's lives. Restricting certain firearms and accessories does NOTHING to stop crime, because only the law-abiding citizen will obey new laws. Of course we all know this, but for some reason the other side just cannot comprehend it.

Big Betty

I think the term educated fools is needed on this discussion. I did at least spell discussion right? As for what could have happened and what did happen?? We know now what happened but it doesn't change the past. You all I'm sure agrees with that. Never going to be a clear cut solution to keep this happening again. I don't care what laws you quote, argue about and reasons why or why not. I do know one thing that some of you may not agree with. But taking GOD out of our schools is the key factor here. Most of these people that are on killing sprees are around the same age. They guy at the movie theater that went in and shot people, this kid at CT and even those in Columbine were all young kids without God in their lives. Sorry to stir up trouble or ruffle feathers but I firmly believe that we must pray up to stay up. I'm an old-fashion Bible thumping Christian that knows that right is right, and wrong is wrong. Let's educate the kids and not scare them as I earlier said and let's protect our country again with God in our lives. Good day and be blessed:D

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I think the term educated fools is needed on this discussion. I did at least spell discussion right? As for what could have happened and what did happen?? We know now what happened but it doesn't change the past. You all I'm sure agrees with that. Never going to be a clear cut solution to keep this happening again. I don't care what laws you quote, argue about and reasons why or why not. I do know one thing that some of you may not agree with. But taking GOD out of our schools is the key factor here. Most of these people that are on killing sprees are around the same age. They guy at the movie theater that went in and shot people, this kid at CT and even those in Columbine were all young kids without God in their lives. Sorry to stir up trouble or ruffle feathers but I firmly believe that we must pray up to stay up. I'm an old-fashion Bible thumping Christian that knows that right is right, and wrong is wrong. Let's educate the kids and not scare them as I earlier said and let's protect our country again with God in our lives. Good day and be blessed:D

You are correct, but waiting for God to solve our problems will get us nowhere. God has GIVEN us all free-will, and it is up to us to determine how best to protect ourselves and our children while living this life. God has GIVEN us the tools and knowledge to save our children from this, but if we do not use the tools and knowledge he has given us (most anyways) then these insidious acts will continue to happen.

I agree that taking God out of our schools and every other place has done nothing but cause negative consequences. This is not the SOLE reason behind why these kids shoot up schools though, and whether God is or is not allowed to be spoke of in our schools will have no real effect. If MOST of these kids' parents were raising them right and teaching them to be decent human beings most of them would not act like they do. However, again this is not an answer to the entire problem. A kid can grow up with great parents and in church and they can still end up committing horrible crimes -- it happens all the time.

One has to study psychology and the different ethical systems and dilemmas that pertain to these individuals to truly understand what makes criminals commit the awful crimes that they do. Even with this study it is not possible to completely understand the thought process involved of those who commit truly awful crimes.

We have always had crime, even when God was in every school, house and government building. We had crimes when people were getting stoned, shackled and killed for NOT worshiping God. Crime is a human element and it will always exist. We will NEVER get rid of violent crime, but you are correct when suggesting having God in one's life helps to keep us on the right path. Our right to life and to self-preservation are granted by God, and God has given us the means to keep our life. It is up to us to use the knowledge we have been granted to sustain our own life and that of our loved ones.