• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was arrested by El Cajon PD today...

stuckinchico

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Now, if a reasonable person would feel they were not free to leave (e.g. two cops pointing guns at you and ordering you to walk backwards), then we need to know why they're doing it.

All voluntary contact with LE is/should be free of any civil or criminal liability... just as it should be for any voluntary interaction between any other consenting adults.
God only having two Officers pointing guns at you would be nice , They seem to wait til they have a min of four before confronting me

SIG-ALWAYS

imported post

Wow, this is NOT good. Sorry about that, you were in the guidelines of the law!

:cuss:

~C~

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I guess we have our first documented case of a criminal taking somebody's openly carried gun. I really never thought it'd happen.

stuckinchico

imported post

Crap thats no bueno. However, i hate to rain on that parade. Many Officers weapons have been taken from them by criminals too.. This is nothing new. You have to remember how to retain your weapon properly the holster alone can not do it.. NO holster is grab proof..

First thing when a hand is on your weapon is to immediately put ur hands on top of theirs and push down. Hands break break theirs

I would recommend a PC 832 course that is offered at local colleges It teaches weapon retention plus valuable search and seizures lessons that applie to LEOs

Fight for your weapon if that unfortunate days comes

pullnshoot25

imported post

Talked to giaking70, it was not him that got held up, though he was working that night.

Taking a trolley cop's gun is like talking a police officer's gun... they both were in uniform!

Gundude

imported post

I had some questions about the unloaded open carry here in San Diego. I emailed the San Diego DA and this is the reply I recieved. Ikeep a copy of it in my wallet when I carry.

Concealed Firearms: Subject to certain exceptions, the general rule in California is that it is illegal to carry a firearms concealed in a vehicle or concealed upon ones’ person (Penal Code 12025.) Our website fully explains the procedures as to how one may apply for a CCW.

Open Carry: Unloaded weapons may be carried in belt holsters or transported openly in a vehicle, which are not concealed and do not fall under the general rule prohibiting the carrying of concealed firearms (Penal Code 12025(f).

In order to determine whether or not a firearm is loaded, peace officers are authorized to examine any firearm carried by anyone on his or her person or in a vehicle while in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated city or prohibited area of an unincorporated territory. (Penal Code 12031(3)). Refusal to allow a peace officer to inspect a firearm constitutes probable cause for arrest for violation of Penal Code Section 12031.

Loaded Firearms: A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm when he or she carries it on his or her person or in a vehicle while in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated city or in any public place or on any public street in a prohibited area of unincorporated territory. (Penal Code 12031.)

Possession of a Firearm While Wearing a Mask: It is a crime to possess a firearm in a public place or on any public street while masked so as to hide the identity of the person carrying the firearm. (Penal Code 12040).

I have been carrying for about 2 months, and a few people look, but so far, no one has called the police. If it happens, I'll let you all know what happens.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Gundude wrote:
I had some questions about the unloaded open carry here in San Diego. I emailed the San Diego DA and this is the reply I recieved...
The DA has no legal obligation to provide you with accurate info, and he did leave out some info (e.g. public buildings, school zones, etc).

Please go to www.californiaopencarry.org and do your homework. Wouldn't want to hear about you ending up in jail for missing one of the finer points of the law.