• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I went to the movies today. PROVO

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ainokea wrote:

I will retract my comment about the water guns and appologize for it. I agree that guns are a deterrent of crime. Gun control only helps the criminals.

I can understand how some people may need to take baby steps when starting to OC (and fully support),after all, it comes with a lot of responsibility!And I don't take it lightly,and the few that I have come across that onlyOC only for "attention" came across as very juvinile and looked at it as a Macho thing "hey look at me I have a gun"
No hard feelings I hope, sometimes we make broad strokes and don't realize we are including those we don't intend to...

I personally wish everyone would OC. I believe society will ostracize those who are idiots, and respect those who deserve it.

FogRider

imported post

ainokea wrote:
I believe you miss read my post I am not claiming that Most OCers are doing it for attention alone. It would have read better if I had said "IMO - People who are carrying for the sole reason to draw attention to themselves will find it and in most cases it will not be "positive".
If that's what you meant I did indeed misread. You're probably right, there's got to be at least a couple of folks out there in it just for the attention.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In order the reasons why I OC

1. Attention:I want people to see a guy with a gun that is not a BG. I want people to see that America is free, and I hope someone would ask me about it

2. I have always wanted to carry like this before I heard of OC

3. To be shown as a hard target

4. To defend myself and my family. I could CC and do the same thing.

If I gave the number one reason to why I CC, I would say repeat #4

ainokea

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
ainokea wrote:

I will retract my comment about the water guns and appologize for it. I agree that guns are a deterrent of crime. Gun control only helps the criminals.

I can understand how some people may need to take baby steps when starting to OC (and fully support),after all, it comes with a lot of responsibility!And I don't take it lightly,and the few that I have come across that onlyOC only for "attention" came across as very juvinile and looked at it as a Macho thing "hey look at me I have a gun"
No hard feelings I hope, sometimes we make broad strokes and don't realize we are including those we don't intend to...

I personally wish everyone would OC. I believe society will ostracize those who are idiots, and respect those who deserve it.

Most of American Society will not differentiate between the idiots with guns and normal people with guns. They just view us all as "crazy gun nuts". That is why I get so irritatedabout the wannabes or only attention seeking people because they are the one who get noticed and give all gun owners a bad image.

PS - No hard feelings here.

brokenarrows

imported post

"
I personally wish everyone would OC. I believe society will ostracize those who are idiots, and respect those who deserve it."

I hope that in the end that is how it plays out.

brokenarrows

imported post

ainokea wrote:
brokenarrows wrote:
ainokea wrote:
trevorthebusdriver wrote:
brokenarrows wrote:
Do I have to paint my GLOCK pink to get noticed or what?

You need one of these.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/home.html
As a GLOCK lover, even I have to admit that is one sweet gun with the Match Grade Barrel and other goodies.
why? I have multiple GLOCKS that are paid for. They have an outstanding reputation and are what I train with. I have not been let down by them yet.

I guess always looking for improvements is similar purchasing your wife some breasts. In the long run someone else will enjoy them more that you.

I also have multiple Glocks that are paid for but it is still a sweet gun.

PS - Thank you so much for your wifes new breasts, I really enjoy them!!:celebrate
thank god someone is getting a return on my investment!