• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I will no longer be posting for the time being....

Spartacus

Banned
Just start swinging that thing like Barry Bonds.

This forum reads like a VFW filled with Ben Franklin wannabe salty dog retires suffering from borderline personality disorder who have taken a load of scrap in the junk and are now holding court across from the Victoria Secret fashion expo.

Place makes AR15.com look well adjusted by comparison.

lol good one....

Gleason I can see that you are posting but I can't read your drivel and never will.

Nobody even quotes you which is fantastic.

AaronS

No one should be posting here with the goal of chasing away those they do not agree with. I have been really patient but this **** has got to stop in the WI forum or I am bringing out the ban hammer.

And that goes for the other camp as well. Does anyone remember gun rights? THAT is what we are here to talk about!

****!

John

Well put, thanks. I hate it when we "need" you to help us fix things... We should be able to keep ourselves "inline". Ahh, the web... Words on a monitor are so easy to misunderstand...

On a happy note, I can only say that we are still growing. I am seeing a lot of new members still. WCI is bringing a lot of new members, and our readers (non-members) are also growing. Wisconsin is on the move. We just have to learn to get along with others that might not share our views 100%.
Last year, I think I was letting my "hot head" hit all the keys. I have had a full year to look back on it all, and will do my best not to let that happen again... I do still have to work on it though...
As far as any people being any more important then others, I can only put it one way. Any of us, ANY, are just one person. No one person has any more then one voice. It takes a group to make any real sound. We need a lot of noise, if we want to see our rights returned. We need each and every one of us to do this. Even the ones we might not like.

wrightme

Spart, while you may have felt there was a need to "clean up," the best method would have been to simply report posts that you felt broke the site rules. Instead, you seemed to feel it was your obligation to attack such posts with your words. It wasn't.

Those who depart aren't leaving because they "can't bash/ct, or whatever." They are leaving because the argument get out of hand when you respond as you have been responding. Seeing your comments here makes me (and others) embarrassed to be associated with a website that allows (or seems to allow) such comments as you continually make.

All you have done is replace the activity that YOU disliked with activity that OTHERS dislike.

Hey John.

You have my word that I will ratchet the noise down but as you know this was never about chasing people away who disagreed with me personally.

Some of the guys who aren't here anymore are gone simply because its not fun anymore. Not fun because they can't bash the NRA; not fun because they can't talk about Nazi cops and government conspiracy. They are simply using me as a whipping boy as an excuse for their absence.

Some are gone because they see the handwriting on the wall regarding permitting and mandatory training as well...

J.Gleason

Banned
Well put, thanks. I hate it when we "need" you to help us fix things... We should be able to keep ourselves "inline". Ahh, the web... Words on a monitor are so easy to misunderstand...

On a happy note, I can only say that we are still growing. I am seeing a lot of new members still. WCI is bringing a lot of new members, and our readers (non-members) are also growing. Wisconsin is on the move. We just have to learn to get along with others that might not share our views 100%.
Last year, I think I was letting my "hot head" hit all the keys. I have had a full year to look back on it all, and will do my best not to let that happen again... I do still have to work on it though...
As far as any people being any more important then others, I can only put it one way. Any of us, ANY, are just one person. No one person has any more then one voice. It takes a group to make any real sound. We need a lot of noise, if we want to see our rights returned. We need each and every one of us to do this. Even the ones we might not like.

+1000

Vandil

Spartacus is usually playing the reactionary role. I don't really have a problem with that but it's like he's running through the bear exhibit at villas coated in honey and ding dongs, with giant self painted target on his full moon.

Stop feeding the wild life Holmes.

I'm just gonna ask, who here would like to see me banned? Now who would like to see the other guy banned? And let me point out the obvious, I didn't single anyone out.

J.Gleason

Banned
I think we should keep you around for a while springfield.

Somethins happenin here, what it is ain't exactly clear. Theres a man with a gun over there, tellin me I got to beware........

oak1971

No one should be posting here with the goal of chasing away those they do not agree with. I have been really patient but this **** has got to stop in the WI forum or I am bringing out the ban hammer.

And that goes for the other camp as well. Does anyone remember gun rights? THAT is what we are here to talk about!

****!

John

Well some people think rights must be regulated, because only enlightened bureaucrats know best. They are willing to entrust incompetent government functionaries with freedom. To these I would recommend the following:

"Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”

March Hare

Samuel Adams

This is brutal:

"“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams

I'm glad I wasn't on the receiving end of that when Mr. Adams delivered it!

-MH

Last edited:

qball54208

AFAIK you are the one attacking me even in your signature line. In your case you see "Spartacus" and you go DEFCON 1 without even reading the post.

If you read my response to John the you will understand that none of this was personal. Even if I get banned it needed to be done. People have short memories here and don't recall how it was before I started all the "personal attacks". This place was FUBAR.
So, you think you're some kind of Patron Saint? You're an antagonist with issues! Plain and simple, except for when some steps to ya, you then seem to get some sense in your head and start to back peddle!
Justify it any way you want to, you're wrong! Fix yourself, you do have good points I'm sure, so please by all means "turn over a new leaf"

Spartacus

Banned
So, you think you're some kind of Patron Saint? You're an antagonist with issues! Plain and simple, except for when some steps to ya, you then seem to get some sense in your head and start to back peddle!
Justify it any way you want to, you're wrong! Fix yourself, you do have good points I'm sure, so please by all means "turn over a new leaf"

Finally someone kind of gets it. Except for the backpedaling part and the "turn over a new leaf" part. John wants it quieter in here and this is his house.

Every group of heroes(protagonists) needs an antagonist to meld them into a fighting unit. A platoon has a drill sargent whom they hate. And who would the Freedom League be without Lex Luthor? On and on...

From wiki: "The principal opponent of the protagonist is a character known as the antagonist, who represents or creates obstacles that the protagonist must overcome. "

The antagonist cannot be an outsider, he has to be on the inside to do the work effectively. Doug almost had it right when he called me "the disruptor", but couldn't wrap his mind around the wherefore and why of it.

OK now you know the big secret. Well not all of it... :lol:

Last edited:

qball54208

Yo Spartucus, You ever been to BCT/AIT or Bootcamp? If not then I highly doubt you know the role of a DS.
You'll not be fittin' the part. A DS is an individual/s that any Soldier worth his salt would wear JP8 soaked undies through Hell and back, WE (Soldiers) know why.
You, unlike a DS, has a Mission, to get his/her Troops trained to survive, stand united and have your Battle Buddies 6!
HOOAH

Spartacus

Banned
Spart, while you may have felt there was a need to "clean up," the best method would have been to simply report posts that you felt broke the site rules. Instead, you seemed to feel it was your obligation to attack such posts with your words. It wasn't.

Again, people have such short memories. There was so much of that crap going on that John probably would have banned me for bothering him so much. I did it myself and most times I was right on target with only minimal collateral damage.

Those who depart aren't leaving because they "can't bash/ct, or whatever." They are leaving because the argument get out of hand when you respond as you have been responding. Seeing your comments here makes me (and others) embarrassed to be associated with a website that allows (or seems to allow) such comments as you continually make.

Really? I know some of those guys that lurk or left personally. That is I have traveled with them, ate with them and attended functions with them. I think I know why they "left" a bit better than you do.

All you have done is replace the activity that YOU disliked with activity that OTHERS dislike.

Not all.

I still get PMs and emails of support. Thanks to those as well who went out of their way to send me well wishes on my recent illness. I am proud to say I can now piss without wincing. lol