• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If "guns don't kill people, people kill people" do "guns save lives"?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
See what happens when some of us have too much free time. I can't go hunting as the kids are home this week, the coyotes are teasing me. :(
I'm waiting for my tractor tire to get fixed:mad: Jane just fussed with me for drawing pictures. I told her the proposal... She said....Makes it sound like you're going naked":lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Marco

I'm waiting for my tractor tire to get fixed:mad: Jane just fussed with me for drawing pictures. I told her the proposal... She said....Makes it sound like you're going naked":lol::lol::lol:

I can hear it now "who are those naked freaks carrying guns."

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
I just find it very hypocritical to say guns don't kill people, people kill people and then turn right around and say guns save lives.

I put the "Guns Save Lives" slogan right up there with calling a magazine a "clip". While they may get the point across, they are both in error. :D

Old Virginia Joe

I put the "Guns Save Lives" slogan right up there with calling a magazine a "clip". While they may get the point across, they are both in error. :D

Good analogy on "clip."

I like this preacher. He is a thinking man, and I easily see his points. Good communicator. He may be like my preacher, frequently pointing out faults in peoples' thinking, and squashing erroneous cliches and popular but erroneous sayings and made-up "scriptures." The good shepherd, leading his friends to the truth.

I can live with the current logo, but if a better, brief one comes along, I could vote for a change.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yes it does! It will warm my heart even more when I return back Stateside in a couple weeks!!! I hate OC'ing a M16! LOL! Can't wait to go back to carrying a smaller tool! LOL!

We'll look forward to your safe return and maybe share a meal.

Thanks for your service.

paramedic

Yes it does! It will warm my heart even more when I return back Stateside in a couple weeks!!! I hate OC'ing a M16! LOL! Can't wait to go back to carrying a smaller tool! LOL!

Looking forward to your safe return.

Please accept my families thank you for your service, and by all means extend that to all those in your unit.

paramedic70002

DocDaddy

Thank you for positive comments and well wishes! I hope all our brothers and sisters in-arms make it home safe as well! Time to vacate this place, they have not changed in the past 10 years nor the last 10,000 years! Time to let them return to what they know.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Technically the bullet is the weapon. The gun is just the delivery system.

That really isn't true. The bullet just opens the skin so the fire can get in. That's what does the damage.

So I guess we could say....

My fire keeps me warm at night!:p

Last edited: