• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illegally Detained 12/21/10 - Fairfax County Police/Mason District

nuc65

Activist Member
The US Government is too porous to pull off a successful secret. If someone knows, then everyone will know. There is always someone there to make a buck or someone who can't keep their mouth shut. You won't wake up one day and find that silently in the night, freedom and civil liberties have been suspended. It will be violently imposed, and it will make no effort to disguise itself.

Hmmm, or I suppose one could always hide it in plain sight. Reading the New York Times about the secret programs and seeing VA covered by the big red blip might be a part of it. Seeing "counter-terrorism" including school kids who bring bb guns to school. Create a new name for a new menace, stir up emotions, create controversy, something happens and 50 Volume law is magically created and passed in the middle of the night that suspends right to privacy, right to untapped phones, right to read from a bookstore or library whatever in the hell you want to read... nah not our freedom loving constitutional government... there is no reason not to beware of the creation of a monarchy because those in power will of course defend our rights for us... hmmm... just thinking...

eye95

Tries? He succeeded. I was/am outraged. Thats why I asked questions before I sent the card...

You sent the card because you were privy to information the OP would not share with the rest of those whose support he sought. Way to win my sympathy.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
You sent the card because you were privy to information the OP would not share with the rest of those whose support he sought. Way to win my sympathy.
Ha.. I am not trying to win your sympathy.. So I posted my card for all to see and now you have another piece of the puzzle. If you get no more information, so be it. If he updates anymore information.. so be it.. why do you even CARE how and why he does/did what he did? Just read and observe.. or don't.

eye95

Ha.. I am not trying to win your sympathy.. So I posted my card for all to see and now you have another piece of the puzzle. If you get no more information, so be it. If he updates anymore information.. so be it.. why do you even CARE how and why he does/did what he did? Just read and observe.. or don't.

I did not say you were trying to win any sympathy. Nice strawman and nice distraction. I'll move on from this little subconvo too. I have made the point that I felt was necessary. Feel free to take another shot.

Ruby

I'm not sure where you live, but around here, there are enough awake to make Paul Revere and William Dawes proud. :D

No, I'm quite sure we will see and hear it coming. You will condition the country for catastrophe, and then something will happen.

Keep your ear to the rail.

Look up Hegelian dialectic if you don't already know what it is.

Dreamer

No, I'm quite sure we will see and hear it coming. You will condition the country for catastrophe, and then something will happen.

Some of realized that it was HERE and being implemented in late 2001. Even though we've been "ringing the bells" for nearly a decade, we have been called "conspiracy theorists", and "extremists", and "paranoid" and "wingnuts".

Our only hope is that the rest of you will actually open your eyes, and realize that its NOT "coming sometime in the future", but that it is HERE now, being implemented incrementally, and will keep building momentum every day unless the MAJORITY of the People wake up and say NO!

Now that "everyday Joes" are being directly effected by these draconian laws and Stasi-like policies, we've ironically become "prophets" instead of wingnuts. The message hasn't changed, just the boldness of the tyrants...

Curmudgeon

Some of realized that it was HERE and being implemented in late 1913. Even though we've been "ringing the bells" for nearly a century, we have been called "conspiracy theorists", and "extremists", and "paranoid" and "wingnuts".

Our only hope is that the rest of you will actually open your eyes, and realize that its NOT "coming sometime in the future", but that it is HERE now, being implemented incrementally, and will keep building momentum every day unless the MAJORITY of the People wake up and say NO!

Now that "everyday Joes" are being directly effected by these draconian laws and Stasi-like policies, we've ironically become "prophets" instead of wingnuts. The message hasn't changed, just the boldness of the tyrants...

Fixed it for you! :wink:

Last edited:

nova

this is disturbing considering we hold VCDL meetings in the Mason District station every month.

Wonder if these LEOs were newbs? Not that being new is an excuse.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I'm in my last semester at Georgetown University Law Center. GULC.

Oh-oh! I remember thinking I knew what the law was about back then.

Dude, you'd better talk to an attorney. You're more of a danger to yourself right now than most laymen are. You have a bunch of illusions about law, the legal system, and your place in it, and you really do need some experience to sort that all out. You've got two years' SOL on whatever civil claims you might have, and I suggest you take advantage of that if you mean to represent yourself.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
really.jpg

For those not familiar with Seth and Amy REALLY
[video=youtube;PltaOs_ImVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PltaOs_ImVQ[/video]

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I replied the same much earlier but received no accolades.

Where are MY ACCOLADES?!?! Accolades, I say!

Ain't gonna give you any. You're on a list:lol::lol::lol:

Speaking of lists, I won't give any details now, but an incident that made you angry last summer was mild compared to what they did to me this week.

Last edited:

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
...he comes on here and tries to create outrage and sympathy...
I don't know that he's doing that.

He's just said that something bad happened, but hasn't supplied the narrative yet.

I'm happy to be outraged and sympathetic if the need arises, but until then we're just in a holding pattern.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I replied the same much earlier but received no accolades.

Where are MY ACCOLADES?!?! Accolades, I say!

Yours doesn't carry the weight of a "professional" opinion - perhaps you should start charging. But then again that would destroy your amateur status. :lol:

wylde007

Ain't gonna give you any. You're on a list:lol::lol::lol:
Just... damn. :lol:
Yours doesn't carry the weight of a "professional" opinion - perhaps you should start charging. But then again that would destroy your amateur status. :lol:
I'm a professional. Just not a professional attorney.

I don't even play one on TV... nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Maybe I should have. I dunno.