• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm closing my Wachovia account this month - no more "gun free zones" for me

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
My knuckle-draggin' knee-jerk reaction was 'same to you', with a couple of sailor terms thrown in. I am originally from NM so a local, regional reference would not be known to me. I did look on a map and saw Amelia but no Courthouse. I imagine I know geography a little better than some, but now that I know your terminology I probably won't be as confused should I choose to listen to it again. IHow should one percieve an insult wrapped into an imperative, at least where I am from it is considered a double entedre, but maybe I was giving too much credit.

Anyway, no harm and I learned something in the process. Since I was only asking to learn even if my perception was off.

I published this about the evil of imprecise language a while back Nuc.
I like to drag it out once in a while for them people that don't talk good.:uhoh:
http://news.oldva.org/?p=1449

Uncle Ray- I’m glad you brought up this gob/glob subject. Just the other day I was saying to my good friend Professor Elmo F Higgenbothom, (Yes, the very same Professor Elmo F Higgenbothom you’re all thinking of!), that the lack of precise lanuage in America today is one of the main causes of juvenile delinquency, global warming and fat girls in spandex. Elmo stated he was in complete agreement and added that pre-mature balding was related to imprecise language use and further stated that run on sentences also contributed to the lack of moral outrage one would considier appropriate in such a country as ours, whose fore-fathers fought and died, lost homes, fortunes, and loved ones in the never ending battle against tyrany in all it’s forms and as evidenced by the furher degradation and outright lack of moral fiber so readily apparant in todays youth, nay, even our senior citizenry whose own history is resplendant in examples of what the lack of precise lanuage and use of run on sentences brings forth when allowed to procreate in the seemilngly vast cesspool of the modern comunications system known as “the internet” which is an imprecise term for the downfall of American culture and moral standards which presents itself in the everyday mis-sue of terms such and gob and glob.

rickc1962

That's great to hear! I'm going to go ahead and send my letter anyway as my other two points still stand and maybe Wells Fargo will get the message that their customers care about second amendment rights.

I first started using Wells fargo in 2000, and they have never had a issue with me open carrying, when I moved me account to our local branch here in Az. I actually carried when I went in to change my information over. I had a talk at that time with the asst. manager, and was told that Wells Fargo has a long history with firearms, and did not care about me carrying they just wanted to keep me as a customer, they said if I knew of others that carried and were unhappy with their bank tell them we gladly would take their business. So be patient, when they take over completely from Wachovia they will change things for the better.

rickc1962

Thank you. I'll use 'search' next time.

I need a bank with branches in Lynchburg and Charlottesville.
Any suggestions?

I know Wells Fargo has not taken over completely yet from Wachovia, but when they do I suggest you give them a chance, 1st. off, they did not take money from the federal government, ( they were forced to, but did not ask for it , and have already payed it back ),I cant say that about any other bank, 2nd., they will not give credit cards to illegals, or give them lones, Bank of America does, cant say about others tho. I do know Wells Fargo is 2nd Amendment friendly.

nuc65

Activist Member
I published this about the evil of imprecise language a while back Nuc.
I like to drag it out once in a while for them people that don't talk good.:uhoh:
http://news.oldva.org/?p=1449

Uncle Ray- I’m glad you brought up this gob/glob subject. Just the other day I was saying to my good friend Professor Elmo F Higgenbothom, (Yes, the very same Professor Elmo F Higgenbothom you’re all thinking of!), that the lack of precise lanuage in America today is one of the main causes of juvenile delinquency, global warming and fat girls in spandex. Elmo stated he was in complete agreement and added that pre-mature balding was related to imprecise language use and further stated that run on sentences also contributed to the lack of moral outrage one would considier appropriate in such a country as ours, whose fore-fathers fought and died, lost homes, fortunes, and loved ones in the never ending battle against tyrany in all it’s forms and as evidenced by the furher degradation and outright lack of moral fiber so readily apparant in todays youth, nay, even our senior citizenry whose own history is resplendant in examples of what the lack of precise lanuage and use of run on sentences brings forth when allowed to procreate in the seemilngly vast cesspool of the modern comunications system known as “the internet” which is an imprecise term for the downfall of American culture and moral standards which presents itself in the everyday mis-sue of terms such and gob and glob.

The horse is dead, cried the man from within the belly of the tiger.

Strelok

If gun rights were the only issue at stake I would probably reconsider but I've been planning on moving all of my banking to my local credit union at some point anyway. I appreciate all of the info though - I'll keep it in mind.

wylde007

I have taken the wait until Wachovia changes its signs to Wells Fargo to see if anything changes.
They will.

At least, they should. Myself (and apparently many others) have been given every indication that is their proposed course once the transition is complete.

I suspect that most Wachovia branches have not removed the "offending" gun-buster signs simply because they have not removed ANY signs.

Be well.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If gun rights were the only issue at stake I would probably reconsider but I've been planning on moving all of my banking to my local credit union at some point anyway. I appreciate all of the info though - I'll keep it in mind.

They will.

At least, they should. Myself (and apparently many others) have been given every indication that is their proposed course once the transition is complete.

I suspect that most Wachovia branches have not removed the "offending" gun-buster signs simply because they have not removed ANY signs.

Be well.

All of the gun buster signs that were either decals or painted on have been removed in the Richmond market. Those that remain are stamped/embossed in the door push bar.

Wells Fargo had previously stated that when the marque signs were changed, all other signs would be brought in conformity with their corporate policy. Unfortunately, the economy seems to be delaying capital expenditures.