• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm sure that they'll put this guy on trial - bananna gunmen are notorious killers !

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm sure. Imagine the law suit and insurance claim. See the Sofa Super Store incident in Charleston, SC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston_Sofa_Super_Store_fire#Investigations

Forty-ish years ago, I lived 50 yards away on Pebble Road.

Even on 9-11 ... I spoke to a retired fire chief (million+ population city) ... he said he would not send any of his guys into the towers. He was right, now the guys who were killed were considered "heroes" when in fact they were just being stupid.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Even on 9-11 ... I spoke to a retired fire chief (million+ population city) ... he said he would not send any of his guys into the towers. He was right, now the guys who were killed were considered "heroes" when in fact they were just being stupid.

Some run towards the sound of gunfire, some run from it. It is multiple choice.

WalkingWolf

Some run towards the sound of gunfire, some run from it. It is multiple choice.

Or they sit back and watch and wait for overwhelming support, which is the practical thing to do. Firefighters actual run into burning buildings to save people. Some police will shoot innocent people to save themselves.

PeterNSteinmetz

None of your recent postings in this thread you claim to have been made as sarcasm have been identified as such with a "/sarcasm" tag or even this "sarcasm". ove my post, but I'll try to read to the end of thread before making comments.
How about calling it a misunderstanding? Also, this is the social lounge, where at least I expect a bit more levity.

Freedom1Man

How about calling it a misunderstanding? Also, this is the social lounge, where at least I expect a bit more levity.

There is much history going on here. Even I have been keeping out of it.

Primus has/had/does claim(s)(ed) to be a police officer (L.E.O.) however his/her actions/words have left many questioning the validity of this claim.

Now Primus claims to not be a police officer which would explain much of the created perception about him/her.

Primus knows to note sarcasm on the forum do to the claims he/she makes about laws, actions, etc.

Second the forum rules still apply even in the social lounge.
I really get tired of idiots defending the wrongful actions of the police.

OC for ME

In describing his own misinterpretation of the object, Bunch wrote that “based on training and experience, I have seen handguns in many shapes and colors and perceived this to be a handgun.”
Horse hockey! I no a banana when I see one. Deputy Bunch should be encouraged to seek employment in another field of endeavor...one that does not involve exposure to tropical fruit.

WalkingWolf

Horse hockey! I no a banana when I see one. Deputy Bunch should be encouraged to seek employment in another field of endeavor...one that does not involve exposure to tropical fruit.

Well then he needs to find a non cop job outside Fruitvale, because after all it is Fruitvale.

Is that a banana in your pocket or a banana shaped gun?

The Truth

In This Thread: Some of you guys figure out what a lot of us realized long ago - that Primus is a lvl 9,000 TROLL and you can't take any of his posts seriously, ever. He has now admitted to egging on a misunderstanding for his own personal amusement instead of telling the truth to clarify. That is what trolls do. They intentionally mislead and even lie to provoke certain responses, most of the time to amuse their simple minds by confusing intelligent, honest people.

That sirs, is what you call a TROLL. It's no longer an insult, but a fact. It's been really sad to watch.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Intelligent people are not confused. Primus does make valid points from time to time and his experience as a cop does provide us a glimpse behind the Blue Wall. His repeated use of hyperbole and appeals to emotion usually undermine the few valid points he provides. Is Primus a troll or does he, from time to time, act trollish? I choose the latter.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Intelligent people are not confused. Primus does make valid points from time to time and his experience as a cop does provide us a glimpse behind the Blue Wall. His repeated use of hyperbole and appeals to emotion usually undermine the few valid points he provides. Is Primus a troll or does he, from time to time, act trollish? I choose the latter.
Your vision preceeds you.

Primus

Agreed. Well put OC per usual.

Your vision preceeds you.

The Truth

Anyone who is not a regular here may be confused by a lot of what Primus says. If he's not a troll, then he is just plain disingenuous and intentionally misleading. If it's by accident, I could agree that he is "trollish sometimes," but he has made it explicitly clear that he does this purposefully to amuse himself.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

Primus said:
Ive been accused many times of appealing to emotion and I admit I do on occasion.

Primus said:
It was an attempt to see his far along a poster would actually talk to me about me eating someone's hand off for a donut.

Primus said:
Did I lie about eating dudes hands off to get to donuts? Yea. I would obviously not eat a dudes hand to get to a donut. Its sarcasm. Not a truthful statement.

Primus said:
And yes I habit in life if someone is dumb enough to believe I eat dudes hands off and can't see the sarcasm in a joke I will gladly feed into their lack of ability to catch on to said joke. I find it amusing.

Primus said:
Wow.... Some guys are pretty thick. Probably intentionally but still.

So, intentionally mislead then call the people who were trolled by your troll posts "[intentionally] thick." Like I said, troll lvl 9,000. You guys are in denial. Sorry, but when Logan 5, Joe Sparky, and the dad gum MODERATOR are trolled, it's a troll.

If it walks, acts, and quacks like a duck - it's a duck. The Washington State guys have seemingly caught on, but they seem to be the only guys with the gumption to say GTFO.

Special thanks to skid for tossing the line in the water.

WalkingWolf

Anyone who is not a regular here may be confused by a lot of what Primus says. If he's not a troll, then he is just plain disingenuous and intentionally misleading. If it's by accident, I could agree that he is "trollish sometimes," but he has made it explicitly clear that he does this purposefully to amuse himself.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

So, intentionally mislead then call the people who were trolled by your troll posts "[intentionally] thick." Like I said, troll lvl 9,000. You guys are in denial. Sorry, but when Logan 5, Joe Sparky, and the dad gum MODERATOR are trolled, it's a troll.

If it walks, acts, and quacks like a duck - it's a duck. The Washington State guys have seemingly caught on, but they seem to be the only guys with the gumption to say GTFO.

Special thanks to skid for tossing the line in the water.

!!AFLAK!!

Sorry couldn't resist.:banana: