• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Immunity from Civil Liability Law

WalkingWolf

His FN is not evidence, I don't see where they have a choice to give it back. It was the gun he had on him at the time of his arrest for second degree murder.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This case just serves to prove the point that use of lethal force can change your life beyond all imagination. One doesn't have to be a malcontent. One can have a squeaky clean history and react within the rules.......then have your world changed forever.

Even when the power of the establishment is not brought to bear, nothing will be the same. When the dogs are loosed and every prosecutorial trick is turned, you will need all the resources and good will you can find..........and prayer cannot hurt.

TFred

His FN is not evidence, I don't see where they have a choice to give it back. It was the gun he had on him at the time of his arrest for second degree murder.
This administration is one of the most corrupt in history. They are now saying that they are thinking they need to keep it "for the upcoming civil cases"... what business is it of theirs to interfere with the CIVIL cases!?!?

Need. More. Duct. Tape.

TFred

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
This administration is one of the most corrupt in history. They are now saying that they are thinking they need to keep it "for the upcoming civil cases"... what business is it of theirs to interfere with the CIVIL cases!?!?

Need. More. Duct. Tape.

TFred

Civil rights cases.

WalkingWolf

Need. More. Duct. Tape.

TFred

The FN was not used in the TM death, it was a gun he acquired after the shooting but before he was arrested by Corey. They have no right to keep it, it is not evidence. Doesn't matter though, I am sure someone will give him a gun privately even if the dealer cannot. And if all else fails he can buy a antique online, and there is nothing DOJ can do about it unless they charge him.

Honestly he needs to say screw it, and leave the country. Maybe Russia would give him asylum, just to piss off Obama.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This case just serves to prove the point that use of lethal force can change your life beyond all imagination. One doesn't have to be a malcontent. One can have a squeaky clean history and react within the rules.......then have your world changed forever.

Even when the power of the establishment is not brought to bear, nothing will be the same. When the dogs are loosed and every prosecutorial trick is turned, you will need all the resources and good will you can find..........and prayer cannot hurt.

Words to live by.
If people only really understood that, especially the people who have a CHP burning a hole in their pocket.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Need. More. Duct. Tape.

TFred

Did we not learn anything from Perseus? Where is my mirrored shield when I need it?

countryclubjoe

Lack of lethal force when getting ones head pounded into the side walk will also change ones life.

My .02

CCJ

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Totally true, however a small price to pay for staying alive.

My .02

CCJ

Think you are missing the point.

Initiate lethal force and not withstanding the outcome, everything in your life will be effected.

Respond in kind, whether someone dies or not, and all henceforth will suffer.

Use of lethal force contains no return to normal clause. Nothing that I am saying on this should be construed to imply that I mean one should not defend themselves - just know that change will follow as surely as the sun rises.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The last thing I heard the hard core atheist inmate say when he had a fatal heart attack was, "Oh my God!"

I think I'm more of a "oh ****!" kinda guy myself.

But, eh, I think my point was that this particular miscarriage of justice didn't inspire in me prayers of the... positive sort. I truly hope that some lives other than Zimmerman's end up ruined when this is all over. I'm thinking Mike Nifong style.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I think I'm more of a "oh ****!" kinda guy myself.

But, eh, I think my point was that this particular miscarriage of justice didn't inspire in me prayers of the... positive sort. I truly hope that some lives other than Zimmerman's end up ruined when this is all over. I'm thinking Mike Nifong style.

I'm hot, tired and my shoulder hurts but that's worth three hearty "Amens".

countryclubjoe

I have my own immunity --- I simply won't pay any civil judgement entered against me...

If you have nothing in your name and no listed employment/employer where a judgement creditor could garnish your salary. Then yes, you are basically immune to PAYING of any judgments that are levy against you.

Stay under the radar.

Best regards

CCJ

The Donkey

Think you are missing the point.

Initiate lethal force and not withstanding the outcome, everything in your life will be effected.

Respond in kind, whether someone dies or not, and all henceforth will suffer.

Use of lethal force contains no return to normal clause. Nothing that I am saying on this should be construed to imply that I mean one should not defend themselves - just know that change will follow as surely as the sun rises.

+++1