• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Improbable but entertaining scenario....

Freedom1Man

Mayor McGinn wants to know why you would even take a gun into a park with children present, and Chris Hanson and I want to know why you are hanging around a park watching children play.

To protect the children from McGinn and the various child molesting public officials.

The books "The Franklin Scandal," and "The Franklin Coverup," covered that topic very well. The documented that various elected officials engaged in child sex rings and that was how they are kept "in line."

Yes some of those involved were judges and police officers/sheriffs.:uhoh:

No that was not police bashing nor was I accusing McGinn of anything. I was simply pointing out that it's the elected officials who seem to a greater danger to children than a psycho killer (who was not elected this time) turned loose in a public school.

Difdi

Mayor McGinn wants to know why you would even take a gun into a park with children present, and Chris Hanson and I want to know why you are hanging around a park watching children play.

Simple. I take my lawfully-carried, holstered sidearm into a park to protect my cute little niece. After all, when seconds count, police are only minutes away. As for why I'm watching children play, you wouldn't want me to be neglecting my responsibility to take care of my niece, right? It's kinda hard to properly supervise children with your eyes closed, after all.

07Altima

You should be safe!

Two reasons you should be safe 1. you are in the United States regardless of your shot you were not in Canada, and you were within the law from the ground you stood upon. 2. Canada bans any one from Open Carrying anything so the man would have been breaking the law in the first place, and if he was drunk would have been in a double violation. Canada would make a huge stink out of it, you would have some fine to pay before you went to Canada again, and you would have a huge legal fee to have a lawyer deal with it in Canada, but nothing serious would happen to you. Having not been in violation of US law would mean you are entitled to the protections of a Citizen of the United States. You can not be extradited when you did not leave the country in the first place, there are many ways this can be argued but in the long run it would make a hell of a media firestorm, and then it would all go away after a while, either the media would get over it, or Canada would deal with you out of court in a fine that was kept from the media. so no issues there.

Also there was just a shooting of this nature in Peace Arch park technically it was a cross border shooting resulting in one death yet it has made very little note even in local news, so I suppose it depends on the case, and would be a case by case basis. I wonder do you get looks from the Canadians when you are walking around with it OC :D I would love to see the reaction of some Maple Leaf lovers :D

Last edited:

Metalhead47

To protect the children from McGinn and the various child molesting public officials.

The books "The Franklin Scandal," and "The Franklin Coverup," covered that topic very well. The documented that various elected officials engaged in child sex rings and that was how they are kept "in line."

Yes some of those involved were judges and police officers/sheriffs.:uhoh:

No that was not police bashing nor was I accusing McGinn of anything. I was simply pointing out that it's the elected officials who seem to a greater danger to children than a psycho killer (who was not elected this time) turned loose in a public school.

Well of course, unless it involves teachers or Catholic Religious, the media doesn't care.