• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Independence Day gun salutes, a fine firm tradition.

Interceptor_Knight

...Cite for me where Doug has advised,encouraged and condoned the misuse of a firearm in anyway that would cause harm to another person.

The risk is proportional to the surface area of the target divided by the surface area of the semisphere containing the target.
Assuming that it is even remotely possible for everyone to be shooting in a truly random direction. Reality is that the actual risk is higher than what you propose. It all is only applicable if we are discussing live rounds and firing bullets into the air instead of just using blanks...;)

J.Gleason

Banned
I think it is absolutely ridiculous that we pick apart every comment that is made in a general discussion on this forum.
Unless there is something being said that will lead a forum browser to believe they can do something that is blatantly illegal lets try to refrain from all of this egotistical banter please.

I think common sense is in order here. No where did Doug talk about firing "live rounds" into the air. And to be honest if Doug stood in the middle of his acreage and did such a thing, the probability of anyone being hurt is slim to none and don't even think of asking for a citation as I said earlier it s common sense. If you are standing in the middle of your own, lets say 40 acre parcel and you fire a round straight up into the air the odds of that round hitting anyone are zero. There is no argument here and it is foolish to make it into an argument only as an attempt to prove your worthiness to this forum. Everyone here is a valued member, whether you like them or not.

I can see the bantering on serious issues but not on every comment made. Please get over it.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Independence Day gun salutes

Happy Independence Day!

On Thursday I helped clean 340# of whitefish for the Am Legion Fish Boil by running the de-scaler. Today I'll help peel potatoes and onions. The Fish Boil starts at 1630 at the Legion Hall - with beer and wine (hint hint). Tomorrow I march ahead of the Color Guard to get the spectators off their duffs to render a proper salute as the National Ensign passes.

Happy Independence Day!

J.Gleason

Banned
Happy Independence Day!

On Thursday I helped clean 340# of whitefish for the Am Legion Fish Boil by running the de-scaler. Today I'll help peel potatoes and onions. The Fish Boil starts at 1630 at the Legion Hall - with beer and wine (hint hint). Tomorrow I march ahead of the Color Guard to get the spectators off their duffs to render a proper salute as the National Ensign passes.

Happy Independence Day!

That is just ridiculous that anyone would have to remind people to stand for the nations colors. Very sad indeed. How easily they forget. Have a great fourth of July Doug.