• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

insane patriotards get butthurt over mechanic using imperial flag to fix machinery

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I WOULD like to see it be against the law disrespect it. I am not saying anyone has to salute or pledge, stand or look at it in any way. I am simply saying the very fact that it stands for the people whom fight for the very freedom to burn it is the very reason one should not do so upon the soil stained with the blood of those whom fought for it.

Anybody who is fighting for a symbol, instead of the liberty that symbol putatively represents, wasn't thinking for themselves to a sufficient degree during their military service.

onus

By desecrating the American flag you are also saying you don't believe in the right to vote, the right to keep and bear arms, the right to free speech and so on.....

OC for ME

If there is a workplace policy regarding the disposition of city owned deteriorated flags then that policy applies. If not, there may be in the future, who knows. At any rate, the dude should sue if he is significantly harmed based only on "popular" opinion. If he accepts his "punishment" and moves on, little harm has been done it seems.

MurrayRothbard

People are getting more and more like the religious fanatics when it comes to their nationalism/patriotism.....oh, he desecrated a holy book, suicide bomb him! Oh, he desecrated the precious and holy 'Murican Flag, severe punishments!!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe because they show respect to our nation's flag and want others to do likewise.

I personally preferred the time when the penalty was more severe.

I personally prefer liberty to empty symbols.

The operative word in this is "time" = the period in our history. I did not intend to indicate I preferred "more severe" penalties.

state hater

Banned
I don't have to like a person, or like an action to know that persecution for the act that harms no one is wrong. I hate those tiny bug like cars, but I have no problem with others owning them. I personally hate Brussels sprouts but if that is your pleasure go for it. If you only support behavior you agree with and find appealing you are no better than those who blindly follow the herd.

If you're enlightened enough to realize that there is no victim when the imperial flag is desecrated, then why do you join the others in being displeased about it?

WalkingWolf

If you're enlightened enough to realize that there is no victim when the imperial flag is desecrated, then why do you join the others in being displeased about it?

I explained that, it is pretty simple, I respect others. I don't have to approve of them or be them to respect others rights and their decisions. It is like grills in some peoples mouths, they look horrible, but it is THEIR business.

If you can't make that distinction then IMO you do not support liberty.

state hater

Banned
I explained that, it is pretty simple, I respect others. I don't have to approve of them or be them to respect others rights and their decisions. It is like grills in some peoples mouths, they look horrible, but it is THEIR business.

If you can't make that distinction then IMO you do not support liberty.

If you love liberty so much, then why do you care so much about the symbol of some institution that fights tooth-and-nail to erode liberty?

I'm not contesting your right to like the symbol of our tormentors. I'm simply trying to determine how your affection for this symbol jives with your love of liberty.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

If you love liberty so much, then why do you care so much about the symbol of some institution that fights tooth-and-nail to erode liberty?

I'm not contesting your right to like the symbol of our tormentors. I'm simply trying to determine how your affection for this symbol jives with your love of liberty.

You are blowing what I said wayyyyyyyy out of proportion. I don't care SO much about a symbol over rights of others, I think I stated it was something I would not do. You really need to learn reading comprehension.

What I am trying to paint you a picture of is that rights are not based on YOUR or mine personal likes and dislikes. If that was true then rights would be meaningless. It is like me telling you to go pound sand. You may not like it, but unless the mods say otherwise there should be no repercussions for it.

state hater

Banned
You are blowing what I said wayyyyyyyy out of proportion. I don't care SO much about a symbol over rights of others, I think I stated it was something I would not do. You really need to learn reading comprehension.

What I am trying to paint you a picture of is that rights are not based on YOUR or mine personal likes and dislikes. If that was true then rights would be meaningless. It is like me telling you to go pound sand. You may not like it, but unless the mods say otherwise there should be no repercussions for it.

So you don't have an emotional attachment to the imperial flag?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--.............blowing what I said wayyyyyyyy out of proportion. I don't care SO much about a symbol over rights of others, I think I stated it was something I would not do. You really need to learn reading comprehension.

Some people do that. It is what they do.

twoskinsonemanns

So you don't have an emotional attachment to the imperial flag?

State, being liberty minded means freedom to do what others may find distasteful. You sound like you'd swing the opposite way and like to have some law making it illegal to worship the flag and treat it as a holy object.

twoskinsonemanns

Also just as a side note. I think I would have personally preferred the time when blacks were slaves.

You know... cause of the climate and the good fishing.

state hater

Banned
State, being liberty minded means freedom to do what others may find distasteful. You sound like you'd swing the opposite way and like to have some law making it illegal to worship the flag and treat it as a holy object.

What part of "I'm not contesting your right to like the symbol of our tormentors. I'm simply trying to determine how your affection for this symbol jives with your love of liberty." don't you understand?

I respect people's right to love the imperial rag. I simply think that self-professed liberty lovers are blatantly self-contradictory (not to mention, suffering from Stockholm Syndrome) when they claim to love the imperial rag, which is NOT the same thing as me wanting to take away their right to worship the imperial rag. Pointing out a contradiction does not constitute calling for the act in question to be banned.

Last edited:

waskel

Anger, fear, aggression... the dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.