• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Iraq Veteran Killed By Deputies

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Sorry, crazy guy with a gun waving it around, makes it a clean shoot in my eyes. WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IF THIS SAME PERSON HAD BEEN DOING THE SAME THINGS IN FRONT OF YOU OR YOUR FAMILY?
The same as any other NORMAL person would under the circumstances: I'd put as many 185 gr JHP's in his "X" ring as necessary to stop him from threatening myself and those around me... I. E: THE SAME THING THE COP DID...
Murdering SOB. You probably would have just been looking for that opportunity? :p That's how I judge a police shooting. What would I have done in the same situation. If the answer is "draw my weapon and fire" then I am satisfied with the outcome.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Sorry, crazy guy with a gun waving it around, makes it a clean shoot in my eyes. WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IF THIS SAME PERSON HAD BEEN DOING THE SAME THINGS IN FRONT OF YOU OR YOUR FAMILY?
He wasn't "in front of a family," you murderous thug.

He was in the country, well distanced from anyone, in an area that was secured for hundreds of metres.

Stick with the facts; don't invent facts to justify your coarse and savage murderous bloodlust.

Once I would tell America-hating barbarians like you t find another country, yet I now know that your hateful sort is only tolerated here. Your death fetish and love of violence would be unwelcome and spurned anywhere else.

Well, you'll always have Burma.

jadedone4

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
He wasn't "in front of a family," you murderous thug.

He was in the country, well distanced from anyone, in an area that was secured for hundreds of metres.

Stick with the facts; don't invent facts to justify your coarse and savage murderous bloodlust.

Once I would tell America-hating barbarians like you t find another country, yet I now know that your hateful sort is only tolerated here. Your death fetish and love of violence would be unwelcome and spurned anywhere else.

Well, you'll always have Burma.

... would it be acceptable to your opinions that this situation be reviewed, investigated and adjudicated via a panel of seasoned and professional experts; rather than an internet forum... where the population may be"new" to "seasoned" WRT experiences with firearms, tactics and situations such as this.?

If so, let's move on, and you can post up on the outcome of that action - as I am sure that once the local municipality is done investigating, investigating and investigating a shooting of a civilian by a police officer - that they will make a ruling up/down on the events and the warranted or unwarranted use of force by those involved.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

jadedone4 wrote:
... would it be acceptable to your opinions that this situation be reviewed, investigated and adjudicated via a panel of seasoned and professional experts; rather than an internet forum... where the population may be"new" to "seasoned" WRT experiences with firearms, tactics and situations such as this.?

If so, let's move on, and you can post up on the outcome of that action - as I am sure that once the local municipality is done investigating, investigating and investigating a shooting of a civilian by a police officer - that they will make a ruling up/down on the events and the warranted or unwarranted use of force by those involved.
No, thanks. I don't trust the outcome of cops investigating cops.

If there was a separate police agency whose job it was to watch police, arrest police, and protect the citizens against the police, with separate prosecutors assigned solely to prosecuting police, I might be a bit more trusting in their findings.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Could someone please explain to me why in the name of God I have to spend all of my &^%*ing time chasing down these anti-LEO threads.

The rule is simple ... if there is a case where the rights of a gun owner are violated by police then they can be talked about IN SPECIFICS all you want. However, there are two immediate violations of that in this thread.

1) This man had issues. And while I wish he could have been helped before it came to this, this is not the kind of issue I want to second guess officers on the scene over. If this were a no-knock warrant executed on the wrong house or an open carrier swarmed by a SWAT team, then I would be all over it.

2) The first thing that some of you did was to call ALL SWAT officers murderous thugs. Talk about over-generalization.

This thread is closed ... with apologies to all the pro-gun, dedicated men and women on SWAT teams around the country who do care about the rights of the citizens they protect.