• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is the Red Cross going anti-gun part III

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Apparently the Red Cross hasn't changed in the last 35-40 years. Ask a Vietnam vet how the Red Cross treated service men and women vs how they treated the hippie protestors in the airports when our soldiers were returning from war.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Spate of disasters empties Red Cross coffers

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080617230859.z099sax7&show_article=1&catnum=1

De Francis said tough economic times also have cramped the generosity of individual Americans, who make up the bulk of Red Cross donors.
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Some Americans have lost faith in the ARC.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA TSA ARC KMA$$

bobcat

imported post

THANK YOU, Pourshot for taking the time and energy to find the right person at ARC and to have a productive, civil conversation with them. My hat is off to you for your depth of thought and follow-up interviewing skills. As well, politely pressing for good answers to good questions and not letting Mr. Regal off the hook with his polite, but uninformed and generalized answers.

I used to be a blood donor and have considered doing it again, as we have lost our hospital here due to flooding in the MidWest. They are SCREAMING for donors as the complete phlebotomy lab was lost.

ARC was one of the few agencies private or .gov that showed up while we were mucking out houses. They were offering free hot meals, which were truly appreciated in the face of this energy intensive, exhaustive work. I did not plan on taking a meal due to my $$ donation status (see below),and we had ample supplies on hand. I was handed one and it was relatively decent. Score one for ARC for showing up, when most others won't bother or don't know what to do.

However, they have already lost me as a $$ donor just on the way they squandered $$ during Katrina and Rita. They just seemed to be in a general form of disarray. An organization so large that they seem unable to make competent, timely decisions and carry them out. This opinion is from a distance and first hand accounts of their activities in Louisianna from church members and friends there.

I very highly doubt ARC will see me return as a $$ donor as we have found a couple of better avenues of donating $$ that are VERY closely watched and administered. One being our church, as we have a considerable presence in Louisianna and several other disaster prone states with a history of carefully doled out assistance.

This latest silly and ignoranant (as in uninformed) maneuver of not allowing me to carry a firearm OC or CC while donating pretty well seals the deal as far as me considering donating blood again. I will not give up my ability to defend myself nor will I leave a firearm in a locked car out of my control. While I could CC deep and no one would notice, I will not donate simply on principle. If they change their policy, I'll reconsider donating blood.

So, Mr. Regal and all involved at ARC, this is not a boycott on my part, but a decision based on me being able to defend myself from the time I leave my house to the time I return. My sidearm is most certainly my absolute last resort defense tool, but when I need it, I NEED it... and so might you. You are losing an untold number of people who are well trained (not just firearms), very aware of their surroundings and know what to do in an emergency. It seems odd indeed, considering your mission, that ARC would usher this type of citizen from its midst.