• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is your desire for open carry for protection or for your ego?

JBURGII

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
I say leave her picture up, or replace it with one of her in a bikini and a gun belt. ;)

Crap, I have some great replacement pics but not sure what would offend.. sigh..

Would an ammo belt be considered decently clothed? er on a woman.. not me..

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nepawolf wrote:
Twelfth, you're just jealous that you can't OC yet in Texas and that just in general, OCers are cooler.
You're darn tootin' I'm jealous...but go ahead...rub it in. It's good motivation to keep moving forward with legalOC for all LACs.

Big Gay Alwrote:
...or replace it with one of her in a bikini and a gun belt.

I can't imagine a better use for a thigh rig, or perhaps that Serbu Super Shorty on the other thread. open carry rifles and shotguns?

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

JBURGII wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
I say leave her picture up, or replace it with one of her in a bikini and a gun belt. ;)

Crap, I have some great replacement pics but not sure what would offend.. sigh..

Would an ammo belt be considered decently clothed? er on a woman.. not me..
The ammo belt query would all depend upon the woman...

With Spandex.... if it disappears when worn and no one can see it... DON'T!!!!!:lol::lol:

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GUYS! GUYS!

I think I know what the OP's problem is! Either he saw Lori's picture on the billboards, couldn't take his eyes off her, and damned near had a wreck on the Interstate.........OR..........his wifey busted him up side the head for staring at her picture too long.

Ya know, maybe the OP is right, OC might not be such a good idea, especially for the men with wives and girlfriends.

Example:

OC couple is having dinner in at Olive Garden (or other similar eatery) when a vuluptous young female, packing dual holstered semi-autos,walks past their table. The guy's eyes lock onto the babe like a JDAM guidance system and follows her out the door. The wife pulls her large frame .44 magnum revolver and bust him up side the head to regain his attention.

Man - "OOOOOOOOOOOWW!!! what the hell????:shock:

Wife - :XHow DARE YOU FIELD STRIP HER WEAPONS WITH YOUR EYES RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!!!

Man - :shock:What??? NO NO NO I was admiring her fine ass! I didn't even noticeshe hadmatching nickle plated Colt 1911's with gold enlay and custom walnut stocks, holstered in custom ostridge skin!!!

:what:

Wife - WHAT BLAM DID I TELL YOU BLAM ABOUT LYING BLAM TO ME!!!! BLAM:X:X:X

Hmmm.......yeah OC could be problematic.:(

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
GUYS! GUYS!

I think I know what the OP's problem is! Either he saw Lori's picture on the billboards, couldn't take his eyes off her, and damned near had a wreck on the Interstate.........OR..........his wifey busted him up side the head for staring at her picture too long.

Ya know, maybe the OP is right, OC might not be such a good idea, especially for the men with wives and girlfriends.

Example:

OC couple is having dinner in at Olive Garden (or other similar eatery) when a vuluptous young female, packing dual holstered semi-autos,walks past their table. The guy's eyes lock onto the babe like a JDAM guidance system and follows her out the door. The wife pulls her large frame .44 magnum revolver and bust him up side the head to regain his attention.

Man - "OOOOOOOOOOOWW!!! what the hell????:shock:

Wife - :XHow DARE YOU FIELD STRIP HER WEAPONS WITH YOUR EYES RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!!!

Man - :shock:What??? NO NO NO I was admiring her fine ass! I didn't even noticeshe hadmatching nickle plated Colt 1911's with gold enlay and custom walnut stocks, holstered in custom ostridge skin!!!

:what:

Wife - WHAT BLAM DID I TELL YOU BLAM ABOUT LYING BLAM TO ME!!!! BLAM:X:X:X

Hmmm.......yeah OC could be problematic.:(

:lol:

Not to miss the point of your post, but I believe it's Olive Garden policy (their corporate owner's at least) to ban guns from their property. Other than that, very funny stuff.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Guys, Did you note the (...) after Olive Garden? It could be any restaraunt, a "greasy spoon" even. Or even a picnic in the park.

Geeesh, y'all way to serious sometimes. :banghead:

Alexcabbie

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Guys, Did you note the (...) after Olive Garden? It could be any restaraunt, a "greasy spoon" even. Or even a picnic in the park.

Maybe, but give me a nice mom and pop red sauce checkered tablecloth place with Chianti in straw basket bottles ove Olive Garden ANY DAY.

BTW the straw wine bottle baskets are called "fiascos". How American, how assimilative, to name them after the Federal government.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

Maybe, but give me a nice mom and pop red sauce checkered tablecloth place with Chianti in straw basket bottles ove Olive Garden ANY DAY.

BTW the straw wine bottle baskets are called "fiascos". How American, how assimilative, to name them after the Federal government.
I don't know why anyone would be afraid of OCers. We're obviously a bunch of comedians, right? :lol:

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

I don't know why anyone would be afraid of OCers. We're obviously a bunch of comedians, right? :lol:
Nobody laughs at someone that can kick their a**. It just isn't funny.

And I have OC'd at Olive Garden...The only places that have asked me to leave are Chuck E Cheese and Santa Anita Mall.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran