• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It is a Great day Gentlemen (and Ladies)

amzbrady

imported post

BigDave wrote:
You had better make this all about her or she will loose interest fast.

It is like you are wanting a large 4X4 truck built to the hilt and she comes home with a VW Rabbit from the 70's and says Look What I Got For You Dear !
+1 My wife and I made a pact long ago. She bought me a crappy screwdriver set, so I went out and bought her some crouchless panties. NOW, She doesnt buy me tools, and I dont buy her clothes.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

First gun my wife shot was my Ruger .45...I almost have to fight her to use it when we go shooting, BUT she won't carry it.

If your wife is very smart and can unjam and break down an auto, by all means.

Common sense to me says revolver.....38-357, is about perfect. Plus when you OC a revolver...it's so much more intimidating....

My wife has a 357 spurless J-frame...smaller but packs a punch.

Just my 2cents.

aktion

imported post

Semper Paratus wrote:
My wife started off with a Walther P22. after shooting it and getting confertable she wants to step up to a larger gun. So the .22 will be great for the kids to start off with. I was opposed to a .22 at first thought-it too small. Then I realized that it was about her and her comfort level.
Yeah, my wife started off with same. I had the same reservations. I finally settled when I realized 'If it gets her carrying something she likes and is proficient with, it's a start'. Sure enough, she's stepped up to an XD .45.

The couple open-carrying Springfield .45s together, stays together. :celebrate

USMC1911

imported post

TY ! I am stoked that she is wanting to become more involved in her own personal safety and to take a stand for what she believes in. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and guidance in helping her and I achieve these goals.