• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jays sporting goods IS OC friendly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_freak_66

I have carried at Jays so many times I couldn't begin to count them all. I carry a Large framed Custom Browning Hipower which is Nickle and in an Askins Avenger holster which a blind man can see. Not to mention the double mag pouches.. yet NOT ONCE was I questioned and in fact a few comments have been made on how nice the gun looked. So how anyone can start a thread bashing then making assertions or hinting at something amiss is beyond me. Then why not one person has not called out this thread as pure trash is another mystery. Post after post of spurious drivel and NO facts. Finally after numerous posts of silliness we get a single fact that disputes the entire thread.

perhaps you didnt read everything properly,the only signs they had up stated stuff about CC,and a employee falsely believed it was CC only,which is why the thread was posted,the help garnered from posting said thread led to it being found out that the employee was misinformed,and that the open carry sign went missing,the store manager
corrected the situation and all is indeed well.

Bailenforcer

I found the easiest way is to just give them a call at Corporate, and most of the time you find an interested party if you say things right. Such as

" I am calling because at your Petoskey Store we were told by an employee that Lowes does not respect the firearms laws in Michigan. I am sure there must be some kind of mix up or error on the part of the employee, but I am calling to set the record straight on the issue."

Almost instantly I get an apology and they dive into the matter hoping to clear it up. Each time I get a fast response although nothing is a guarantee, but when said right as if you are concerned about how the public might view your favorite store chain, the reaction is helpful. I know some guys get upset when ejected from a store, but one must always remember that just because some cart tart said it's so, doesn't mean it is. Often the Public relations is more important than the silly loud mouth manager wanna be cart tart.

I am not sure if I illustrated this correctly but it works for me 100% of the time. Most of my life I dealt with Public relations, Corporate, and management people both in my profession and as a Union negotiator. How it is said most often trumps what is said...

I offered this suggestion before, that we get all the letters of corporations and place them in a file area by name of that Corporation so we don't badger any Corporation with too many requests. This also cleans up the common misconceptions I see here where one thread says yes they do and another says no they don't..

If I can get enough of them I will burn an ISO so people can burn them to a CD or DVD for further use. It's always nice to have that Lowes Letter with me in case another JR G man Employee tries to cite law of Corporate Policy in his or her own political viewpoint.

Just a thought....

I agree that it is difficult to find information about Corporation/Company Policies for OC/Lawful Carry. I have made a suggestion that we have this at the main Open Carry Brigade forum level. We will see where it goes...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...lletin-OCDO!&p=1303722&viewfull=1#post1303722

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

Thanks for the good suggestions and thoughts, will remember them when I need them (have not had any issue with OC at any store yet). As expressed elsewhere, how one "carries/conducts themselves" makes a difference!

I believe somewhere to store the information centrally for search and review by members here is key. Then, everyone can benefit from the "legwork" we do - many hands make light work.

autosurgeon

I found the easiest way is to just give them a call at Corporate, and most of the time you find an interested party if you say things right. Such as

" I am calling because at your Petoskey Store we were told by an employee that Lowes does not respect the firearms laws in Michigan. I am sure there must be some kind of mix up or error on the part of the employee, but I am calling to set the record straight on the issue."

Almost instantly I get an apology and they dive into the matter hoping to clear it up. Each time I get a fast response although nothing is a guarantee, but when said right as if you are concerned about how the public might view your favorite store chain, the reaction is helpful. I know some guys get upset when ejected from a store, but one must always remember that just because some cart tart said it's so, doesn't mean it is. Often the Public relations is more important than the silly loud mouth manager wanna be cart tart.

I am not sure if I illustrated this correctly but it works for me 100% of the time. Most of my life I dealt with Public relations, Corporate, and management people both in my profession and as a Union negotiator. How it is said most often trumps what is said...

I offered this suggestion before, that we get all the letters of corporations and place them in a file area by name of that Corporation so we don't badger any Corporation with too many requests. This also cleans up the common misconceptions I see here where one thread says yes they do and another says no they don't..

If I can get enough of them I will burn an ISO so people can burn them to a CD or DVD for further use. It's always nice to have that Lowes Letter with me in case another JR G man Employee tries to cite law of Corporate Policy in his or her own political viewpoint.

Just a thought....

I find that to work myself! Well said!

Oh and just so ya know my brother has taken over the job of events coordinator for MOC part of that is to clean up the corporate policys section. I am going to help him with that and if you would like to be involved let me know rransom@miopencarry.org I would like to see them as PDF's so they can be downloaded and saved or printed and so they will stay in the same format on any computer. We shall see how that shakes out as we are going to start tackling that within the next week.

An ISO updated quarterly with a PDF on it would be nice too.

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

In fact I did read it carefully, what was so confusing about my first paragraph?

""There seems to be a total lack of common sense or a disregard to accuracy when posting threads on whether a Corporation is O.C. friendly or not. The thread named as if to assume the business isn't open carry without any previous fact checking is in the least irresponsible and inflammatory. Then to bash the Business with a slight of hand attack and assertions that are either untrue or just plain dead wrong is libelous. if we are to be taken seriously then we must point out FACTS and Confirm them FIRST and foremost! ""

FACT check first don't start trashing or making stupid comments until you get ALL of the information FIRST!!!

Beerme was 100% correct you in your first post said you said CCW people in a question YOU asked the manager see.. ""thinking it might be an out dated sign,i ask the manager if they allow "ccw people" to open carry""

you denied this to beerme which is either a LIE or you have NO clue what you are talking about.

Beerme said "If you are going to attempt to have an intelligent conversation with someone regarding people with cpl's do not refer to them as you quoted yourself, "CCW people", try to show that you know even a tiny morsel of information of what you are talking about. ""

You then lied and said " perhaps i didnt make myself clear,she called cpl holders "ccw people""

so which is it? You are a liar or you have problems telling the truth and checking your own mouth. You call out beerme when in fact you did cay CCW people. Every word of this thread and most threads you pollute is filled with false information, inane drivel, silliness or inaccurate posts. How do you expect anyone to have a shred of respect for you if you do this?

I am trying real hard to find a reason to give you a shred of respect, and you have not earned that from anyone here in my opinion.

perhaps you didnt read everything properly,the only signs they had up stated stuff about CC,and a employee falsely believed it was CC only,which is why the thread was posted,the help garnered from posting said thread led to it being found out that the employee was misinformed,and that the open carry sign went missing,the store manager
corrected the situation and all is indeed well.

Last edited:

lil_freak_66

are you being hostile enough?

when i said ccw people on here, it was referring to what she said,i know the difference between a cpl and ccw,she referred to cpl holders as ccw people.

what was there to check that you seem to think i failed to do so? i know they are considered OC friendly according to MOC,but i was told by a sign(actually,lack of a sign) and a manager that jays was CC only,which is where the thread came to be,and after getting help from the appropriate people,due to this thread,the store manager became aware of the situation and corrected it.

Bailenforcer

What FRAUD you are!

I copied and pasted this from your first post """thinking it might be an out dated sign,i ask the manager if they allow "ccw people" to open carry""

Then yesterday you added in this " i ask the manager if they allow "ccw people"(as she refered to them as) to open carry,and i was told they only allow concealed carry.

See this here you LIAR >>>Last edited by lil_freak_66; Yesterday at 12:55 PM.

I am not as dumb as you think I am I have your complete post copied as you posted it, and editing in as she sadi it isn't changing what you originally wrote.

I wrote my post showing copy paste what you said at>>>Last edited by Bailenforcer; Yesterday at 10:41 AM. Then at 12:55 you edit your post then post this dumb post at 12:58? You may have some idiots in here fooled but not me.

Once again you discredit yourself and all of us. Why this site allows a liar who manipulates things here is beyond me.

You just got caught again freak boy.

When you do intellectual battle with me you better be armed.

Yesterday 12:58 PM #28 <see your post 3 minutes after you edited your original post?
lil_freak_66

* View Profile
* View Forum Posts
* Private Message
* Visit Homepage
* Add as Contact

Send a message via MSN to lil_freak_66 Send a message via Yahoo to lil_freak_66

when i said ccw people on here, it was referring to what she said,i know the difference between a cpl and ccw,she referred to cpl holders as ccw people.

what was there to check that you seem to think i failed to do so? i know they are considered OC friendly according to MOC,but i was told by a sign(actually,lack of a sign) and a manager that jays was CC only,which is where the thread came to be,and after getting help from the appropriate people,due to this thread,the store manager became aware of the situation and corrected it.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to close this thread with the following comments:

1) It appears that the business IS OC Friendly and they deserve our thanks for that.

2) I do track every version of posts and the original post WAS edited.

ORIGINAL
-----------
thinking it might be an out dated sign,i ask the manager if they allow "ccw people" to open carry,and i was told they only allow concealed carry.

EDITED
--------
thinking it might be an out dated sign,i ask the manager if they allow "ccw people"(as she refered to them as) to open carry,and i was told they only allow concealed carry.

I am not posting this to take sides but to:

A) show that there could be multiple interpretations of what was said and
B) to let people know that I keep EVERY revision of every post and
C) After considering it and having several members express a desire to be able to edit their posts should the need arise, I have lifted the time limit on editing. However, please remember that I DO keep a change log of every post so that should a poster abuse the privilege, I can call them on it.

John

Thanks and let's try and keep it polite and professional!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.