• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

John Pierce of OCDO will be on WPR today at 4PM Central time (24 FEB)

32HR MAG

imported post

McX wrote:
she also mentions that in her view; 'we are a small minority'. so if that is the case aren't we afforded the same rights of protection of our rights as other 'minorities' are?
They way it usually works.We should have more rights.

32HR MAG

imported post

As far as "waving guns around".I would be the first to call in "Man With A Gun".I would be the first because they would be cowering and panicking waiting for LEO to come and help.

jwayne972

imported post

There would seem to be a common thread among the callers opposed to carry. They each admitted there incompetence and/or fears of not being able to act when being confronted with a life threatening situation. They in a sense have already made the decision to be victims. They then impose this assumption onto everyone.

The point needs to be made more often that irrational fears of a majority cannot be allowed to infringe on the God given rights of a minority. John is the first I've heard bring this up, but I believe it was passed by too quickly because people don't make the connection between the right to self preservation and the rights of others such as gays, blacks, immigrants, etc.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

When that one guy said he'd be shaking and shooting into the ground, etc. I thought of Dirty Harry's immortal words, "You're a good man, Lieutenant. A good man always knows his limitations."

Carrying a gun for security and defense isn't a good idea for everyone. If you can't hack it, don't do it. But just because one recognizes their OWN shortcomings is no reason to impose a restriction on everyone else.

Nobody, including a well-trained police officer or a soldier, can absolutely predict with confidence how they will react when facing an foe who is intending to harm them. But there are plenty of examples of police, soldiers AND civilians who do not panic, who react well to a stressful situation, and who go on to prevail. Shooting of any sort is more mental than physical activity--- at least shooting well. This guy was probably honest in his self-knowledge of his psychological limitations. Well, that's good, everyone has identified a person not well-suited to carry a gun beyond the shooting range or hunting field. Where the caller failed was in his inability to confine his own quirks to himself. Without justification he assigns similar shortcomings to the rest of society.

jwayne972

imported post

Well put Shotgun, I agree with your post. I did not mean to put down the callers, I just wanted to point out that they expect us to surrender our rights, based on the fact that they refuse, or don't see the need, to exercise their own.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Is there a audio clip of the broadcast? Maybe a youtube like? Damn, my luck for missing it.:banghead:
Landose, check the first page of this thread. I put a link that ought to allow you to listen to it. Hopefully it works!

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jwayne972 wrote:
The point needs to be made more often that irrational fears of a majority cannot be allowed to infringe on the God given rights of a minority. John is the first I've heard bring this up, but I believe it was passed by too quickly because people don't make the connection between the right to self preservation and the rights of others such as gays, blacks, immigrants, etc.

aka: “tyranny of the majority”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

Interesting how "liberals" - whatever that means - seem to be concerned about this occurring, except when it involves individual rights provided by the 2A.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jeri of WAVE = Queen Sheep. I so dislike her because she is so IGNORANT. Spewing the same old anti gun rhetoric. But, well spoken and articulate ?? No I don't think so.

Great Job on the interview Yesterday, YOU DID US PROUD. You have all the facts, numbers, studies, stats & names..and everytime you mentioned them, she had to say oh that study was found to be wrong, etc, etc. Ignorant, liberal, anti gun , sheeple.

I thought it was funny, the liberal interviewer was getting a little ticked off at you, because you were saying the things he did not want to hear.:)

jwayne972

imported post

Flipper wrote:
jwayne972 wrote:

aka: “tyranny of the majority”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

Interesting how "liberals" - whatever that means - seem to be concerned about this occurring, except when it involves individual rights provided by the 2A.
Flipper, thanks for the link, that's is exactly what I was referring to.

I didn't think "liberals" subscribed to the belief in individual rights at all. Judging by there actions are they not collectivist? I may be wrong as I just happened to stumble across the terminology, but have always been an individualist, just didn't know there was a name for it.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Jeri of WAVE = Queen Sheep. I so dislike her because she is so IGNORANT. Spewing the same old anti gun rhetoric. But, well spoken and articulate ?? No I don't think so.
She's well rehearsed, that's all. When she get's knocked off her script she flounders badly and struggles to try to turn the conversation back to some memorized little snippet that's she's more comfortable repeating for the 100th time.

Landose_theghost

imported post

Listen to Jeri insert her foot into her mouth @ 10:30, and then she fully chokes on it @ 10:41 on from that!:DShe completly contradicts herself and says "ahh,ahh, um..." once she notices she does! RTFLMAO!

-Landose-

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I was at the Marshfield gun show Feb 27 - 28.

A guy walks up and says, "was that you on Public radio the other day?" I said nope, that was Mr. John Pierce. We talked for about 5 minutes and I am hopeful we will join.

Carry On