• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

John Pierce on Bob Durgin Show in Harrisburg Today

Skuggi

imported post

do you per chance have a scanner? I'd like to fully check out that sheet that they hand out for any more descrpencies before I contact the sheriffs office.

Skuggi

imported post

Ok, E-mail is sent, I hate having to be all nice and political about this stuff. Makes me come off to myself as a pansy lol.

Hello,
I'm Thomas Rowe from the Pennsylvania Citizens Defense League. I recently received a report stating that the information sheet you hand out to new LTCF holders has some incorrect information on it. If this is an out dated sheet that the person received please let me know.
The section in particular is that the sheet apparently states that "Your firearm MUST be concealed at all times. Overt and unnecessary display of your firearm in public places can raise alarm and adverse reactions by your fellow citizens and create embarrassing situations, which could result in revocation of your license. Also....carrying a firearm creates the possibility of it being taken away from you and used against you or another person. " That may be paraphrased I am unsure. I would like to make aware of the fact that Open Carry of a firearm in the state is legal as there are no statutes against such carrying. It has also been upheld in the state supreme court. I will include links at the end of this e-mail for your review.
Also to note: The only issues with this paragraph are that "Your firearm MUST be concealed at all times." and "Overt and unnecessary display of your firearm in public places can raise alarm and adverse reactions by your fellow citizens and create embarrassing situations, which could result in revocation of your license.". It is both legal and a person cannot have their license revoked for such a legal action.
I'm also sure that your aware of the fact of the rulings that "Disorderly Conduct" cannot be used as a catch all. Finally I am including a Police Training Memo, which covers the topic of open carry. Also please respond if any of this information was incorrectly cited from your information sheet and if available can you e-mail me a text copy or PDF of this sheet.
Thanks.
Ortiz vs. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
http://www.paopencarry.org/law/ortiz.html
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania vs. Hawkins.
http://paopencarry.org/law/hawkins.pdf
Thomas Rowe
Pennsylvania Citizens Defense League

Also damn Pa. Patriot didn't tell me you've been working on the site it's really coming together, a lot easier to navigate now :D