• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

JSonline Constitutional Carry Poll

HandyHamlet

60% for Constitutional Carry out of 10,000 polled. That's huge.

I sent the results to my Government employees. For the record I have yet to hear back from any of them on this issue.

Screen-shot-2011.jpg

MKEgal

protias said:
You sure WI will honor other state's permits?
I just tripped over this, myself, in another thread.
For non-residents, yes, any permit will be valid. (See pg. 25, lines 7 & 8.)
And in fact, non-residents w/ permits will specifically be considered licensed for the purposes of the federal "GF"SZ act. That's cool. (See pg. 56 lines 7-10.)

But for WI residents, we'd have to have a WI permission slip. :cuss:

We don't need to reinvent the wheel, we don't need another expensive beurocracy. (& it'd be attached to the DMV! You know how friendly & efficient they are!)
If WI went Constitutional it'd solve the problem.
Failing that, if WI were simply to recognize ANY permit from ANY state held by ANYONE, that would be a step in the right direction.

Here's the PDF: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/bills/LRB-11-2033-1.pdf
Both permit bills are identical.

Wolf1477

This was my reply to a thread with the JS poll on another of my favorite forums. A lot of people voted that we needed permits/training...mostly I'm thinking due to the fact they didn't know we already have permit-less OC.

(I'mnotgonnarantI'mnotgonnarantI'mnotgonnarant)

OK, for those of you who espouse mandatory training to cc I have a question for you: In WI we can and do OC without a permit/mandatory training, is putting a shirt/jacket over our firearms going to make it fire randomly?

Didn't think so, the basic training to get a permit is a joke, and an expensive one at that. There are many states that allow CC without training; we have the other Constitutional Carry states, and then states, like PA, where ya pay a nominal fee and you get the LCTF, and <gasp> none of those states have blood running in the streets because people looked down the barrel of a loaded firearm "to see why it didn't go bang". We've also a few counties in WI that have stated that the ban on CC is unconstitutional and have dropped charges against the people who've been caught while CC.

I'd venture to say that most people who're going to carry in WI already have taken the Hunter's Education course which teaches basic firearm safety (and, yes, at least when I took it, it taught basic pistol safety as well), and will voluntarily take the training that suits them and their needs best, for a whole helluva lot less than these jackals who are already lining up with their hands out to teach us the UT class for $$$$$$$$$, that won't even apply to the WI rules. I can bet the training we take voluntarily is going to be a much higher caliber than anything the state or anyone else may want to foist off onto us.

Also, we have two CC bills making the rounds at this point. *Neither* one requires training, one is permit-less and the other is a permit for a fee, and fees can be jacked up at the discretion of a budget committee to make it so none but the elite can afford them...no thanks, why should we pay a "clothing tax" as a buddy of mine put it.

Just because the majority of other states have trampled on the 2A by requiring this, that, and the other thing and made people just accept "that's the way things are", don't expect us Wisconsinites to sit back and take it up the yahoo. We've fought damn hard to get where we are, and the constitutional carry bill is one of the long awaited fruits of that effort.

We're also working on getting the Castle Doctrine law that's been introduced into having a "Stand Your Ground" clause, you all think we should just accept what we get and "practice" with that before fighting for another 20 years to get a "Stand Your Ground"?

Wisconsin wants *less* government, not more bureaucratic BS to cut through just to be able to use our given right to bear arms for any lawful activity, which is paraphrased from the WI Constitution. The only reason we weren't among the first states to have Constitutional Carry, is, we had a dipstick Lib Governor (Doyle) who basically said in the 90s that if we want to carry a gun, we should "carry it on our hip for all the world to see", so we did and still do.

There's a revolution coming in WI. We're no longer afraid to get rid of the chickenshit career politicians who vote their wants over the wants/needs of their people. We, the people, are taking back the reigns of the state power, the politicians *will* do what the majority of the citizens want, or they *will* be out on their collective ass.

Just my $0.02, not directed at anyone in particular, just getting fed up with the "chicken little" syndrome that seems to be everywhere I turn lately: the "OH MY GOD THEY'VE GOT GUNS AND THEY DON'T HAVE PERMITS" mentality.

I'm sure I could have worded parts of it better, but, I'm getting really tired of people telling me what I can and can't have/do, when inmates in prison and the criminals who haven't been caught are living better than I do without having to work for a damn thing. Yet I'm busting my ass just to break even and raise two kids, hopefully well enough they won't be future statistics, as a single parent. So yes, the permit system ticks me off, why should I pay to protect my family/property that I've made/earned against the criminals who don't pay for chit. God forbid if I should hurt their precious feelings, then they'll sue me and take everything away anyways, ARGH.

Ok, I'm done griping, I'm sure I could go on (and on and on<g>) but, it doesn't do any good to bitch, just gotta keep working to get things changed. Let me know if I made any drastic errors that I need to get fixed.

(Oh, I should point out just so I don't have to clear it up later; by "Jackals" I am *not* referring to any of our OCDO resident UT permit instructor(s), it's the Johnny Come Latelys that are now sticking their hands out going "Gimee $300 and yewl has mad carrying skillz")

GvdM

Of course they loaded the wording of the poll to slant it. had to put in the "without training" to sway people toward the permit side. Subtle but will make some undecided swing in the direction the poll maker wanted.

MKEgal

As of 17:40, we're up to 10,744 votes.
59% Constitutional Carry
25% only with training & permits
16% no concealed carry, period

We'll definitely get concealed carry.
We WANT Constitutional Carry.
The question is, how can we get our elected representatives to do what they said they'd do (Repub. platform) & follow the Constitution?

protias

So the vote is still 59% Constitutional and 24% permit. So this means, it is for every 2.36 people, only 1 wants a permit. More than double who wants to carry concealed, do not want permits!