• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

july jackson open carry picnic

390JOE

Laingsburg, for the time right now., Michigan, USA
imported post

cabman1 wrote:
it was good!Did anyone get pictures to post?thanks to everyone for coming out
i had a good time there and it was nice to those that were there, and the pics that i took, enjoy.

PICT0983.jpg

PICT0984.jpg

PICT0985.jpg

PICT0986.jpg

PICT0987.jpg

Patrick

imported post

I left for Bay City yesterday and I didn't get back to town until 4:30 today. I drove down to Cascades to see if anyone was still there. Sorry I missed it. I'll be at the next one.

Patrick

cabman1

imported post

ill hold you to that the next one is in the plans at loomis park now that ventor has told me there is no 1000 yard restriction here in michigan

ghostrider

imported post

I'm glad I was able to make it today, and it was nice meeting some of you.

Thanks to cabman1 for putting this together, and to all of you who have made efforts in the Jackson area.

wally1120

imported post

The picnic was great had A good time and can`t forget the food and conversations that we had. Happry you could make it out there Gordon, Good to see you are coming along pretty good. sorry I forgot my camera but, we shold be making the paper tomorrow with at least 1 picture in there. hope we can have another Picnic soon. With the weather A bit warmer.

cabman1

imported post

osted by kimberguy on 07/20/09 at 2:29PM
Posted by jacksonista on 07/20/09 at 6:26AM
"It's not the guns that worry me, it's the people who carry them around."

The criminals will carry regaurdles of the law, everyone else dispite how you feel is just another buffer from your cozy life and the people who wish to do you harm.

"Everyone these days thinks they are entitled,"

Many Americains feel they are entitled to a bunch of crap, heath care, welfair, home ownership...these are things that we are NOT entitled too. What every human being IS entitled too is the right to DEFEND them selves agains those who whish to harm them.

"even when they pull a gun and kill someone and unfortunately, they think that by carrying a gun, they have a right to shoot you,"

I do have the right to shoot and kill you IF I believe you intend on causing me or someone else bodily harm or worse.

"so how can they be wrong?"
How can they be wrong? you want to hurt or kill me, i kill you in defence, the criminal dies, the law abiding citizen lives.... how is that wrong you ask??? How is it not right?

amen kimberguy

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

From the newspaper article.

From left, Robin and Walter Whitaker of Vandercook Lake open a package of hot dogs during a Second Amendment "open carry" picnic at Sparks Foundation County park.

maahes

imported post

Looks like the Jackson board of commissioners' Vice Chairman read about the picnic in the paper:

In response to me asking for an update on changing the ordinance banning firearms in Jackson County parks:
Earl J Poleski to me:
Thanks for your message. Counsel has reviewed and will suggest language.

Were you among the group in the park in the article in the newspaper recently?

Earl J Poleski
Also looks like they are changing the ordinance to be in line with Michigan law. :celebrate
Now if I could just get Blackman Township and the City of Jackson to respond to my emails. May have to show up to some meetings.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

maahes wrote:
Looks like the Jackson board of commissioners' Vice Chairman read about the picnic in the paper:

In response to me asking for an update on changing the ordinance banning firearms in Jackson County parks:
Earl J Poleski to me:
Thanks for your message. Counsel has reviewed and will suggest language.

Were you among the group in the park in the article in the newspaper recently?

Earl J Poleski
Also looks like they are changing the ordinance to be in line with Michigan law. :celebrate
Now if I could just get Blackman Township and the City of Jackson to respond to my emails. May have to show up to some meetings.
Good work, keep up the pressure. They know we are in the right.