• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Juror refused right to be a jury over asking about lock box

wolf-father

What I found interesting is in the court rules is says you will be prosecuted under RCW 9.41.300. Yet they do not care about that law.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Officer AEO, known on this forum as "hahah", your actions on this forum and in my life otherwise are getting old. Please stop now.

Yes, I would like to have a positive relationship with you, my brother. However your actions continue to prevent it.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Clearly not obviously. Unless like so many he is looking to be a victim. If that's the case blame his parents.

Yea because people looking for the system to follow its own rules are looking to be victims when they don't? What type of upbringing brings you to that type of conclusion?

Dave_pro2a

Clearly not obviously. Unless like so many he is looking to be a victim. If that's the case blame his parents.

I'd rather deal with a citizen who is "looking to be a victim" than a citizen "looking to make victims."

That officer of the court, featured in the OPs video, is the later not the former imho. A bully with a badge, seeking victims to abuse.

Difdi

But that is the prosecutor's call to make, and he has to do it in the courtroom and use his allowances for dismissing jurors to do it. They can't screen prospective jurors, by ANY method, in the lobby.

You know, reading the link to the article and all, was the guy actually excused from jury duty? I don't think anyone other than a judge actually has the authority to dismiss a juror or potential juror. The prosecution and defense can ask a judge to do it, but was it actually done in this case? Or did someone with no such actual authority kick the guy out and effectively make him evade jury duty? Is there the potential for a warrant for his arrest in his near future?

The question becomes: can one be excluded from jury duty just for owning a gun?

If he can be on that basis, then exercise of first amendment rights or a past demand to have a jury trial could also be used to dismiss a juror.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You know, reading the link to the article and all, was the guy actually excused from jury duty? I don't think anyone other than a judge actually has the authority to dismiss a juror or potential juror. The prosecution and defense can ask a judge to do it, but was it actually done in this case? Or did someone with no such actual authority kick the guy out and effectively make him evade jury duty? Is there the potential for a warrant for his arrest in his near future?

If he can be on that basis, then exercise of first amendment rights or a past demand to have a jury trial could also be used to dismiss a juror.

Well, if I was picked for a jury and I previously said that I would not convict anyone of any crime as a political method of affecting laws (first amendment right to say so), then could they kick me out of a jury pool or not?

Last edited:

Difdi

Well, if I was picked for a jury and I previously said that I would not convict anyone of any crime as a political method of affecting laws (first amendment right to say so), then could they kick me out of a jury pool or not?

A prosecutor could ask the judge presiding over jury selection to do it, so could the defense (though they'd be crazy to). In theory anyone could ASK the judge to, including the prospective juror. It's unlikely to be granted, but they could. But a corrections officer or court house security guard, acting on his own without involving that judge? No, he can't.

If you show up for jury duty and are not allowed to enter the court house by someone who lacks the authority to dismiss a juror, and you go home, you are guilty of a crime in exactly the same way that not showing up at all is a crime.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

In NJ there is a fine of $500.00 and they will issue an arrest warrant for contempt of court for failing to appear for jury duty.

Yes, only the sitting judge can excuse a potential juror from his/her so called civic duty.

If the person was denied access to the court by a sheriff or some type of security guard acting under color of law as an agent of the state and if said person is arrested for contempt of court, then I would venture to say that he does in fact have a legal issue for deprivation of rights.
Until he is harmed in either a civil matter or criminal matter, he will have no case. Their must be harm to bring suit.

My .02

Regards

CCJ