• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jurors reject pharmacist’s self-defense plea; convict him of murder

eye95

"Duress" is not "stress." Duress requires that someone be compelling behavior by use of a threat. An unconscious man on the ground, regardless of what he did while conscious, is compelling nothing and is making no threat.

The pharmacist was not under duress.

sudden valley gunner

A good video and report from the prosecutor and his reasoning for filing charges.

http://www.news9.com/video?C=116601...oCatNo=default&clipId=3804065&redirected=true

Prosecutor states that if the first round that had been fired would have killed him instead of knocking him unconsciousness we would not have been here because at that point he was a threat.

It also appears his sentencing is July 11th.

I see you resort to your your usual tactics of evasion and adhominem......:rolleyes:

Interesting in that video the prosecutor says "allegedly".......hmmmmmm no reasonable doubt there.....:rolleyes:

I just read 'Innocent Man'...I don't trust Oklahoma prosecutors. If it wasn't four a stroke of luck 4 men would have been put to death for crimes they didn't commit. (Wonder how many are still on death row or have been put too death) For that matter I don't trust any prosecutor....especially when they are so quick to use the other perp as a state witness....I bet they broke the law...by reducing his sentence or some other bribe to get his testimony too.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
SVG I would not expect anything less of you of being paranoid that every law enforcement or justice system out there is after you.

The video, as most can see was prior to his trial so the prosecutor talking of alleged this and that is appropriate.

So Yada Yada Yada move along to the topic.

sudden valley gunner

SVG I would not expect anything less of you of being paranoid that every law enforcement or justice system out there is after you.

The video, as most can see was prior to his trial so the prosecutor talking of alleged this and that is appropriate.

So Yada Yada Yada move along to the topic.

:rolleyes: More diversion. My strong desire and belief to limit and reduce police and government power does not mean I am paranoid and think they are all out to get me. Nice try. But of course those who suffer from statism and copafilia have to resort to those sort of ad hominem attacks to try to demonize those who would want to restructure the "system" they so love back within constitutional boundaries.

And again since you haven't seemed to grasp the concept and since you are the one who posted the video of the prosecutor as proof he committed murder that as a jurist during that trial (the one he said alleged) I don't think I would have condemned the man as a murderer.

I see you are trying to steal Eyes moving on with some yada added to it but then trying to tell someone else they need to 'move' if that's how you feel then "move on". No skin off my back, I will choose to move on or not to move on as I see fit.

Gil223

Premeditation can form in an instant.

Although you are absolutely correct (as the law sees it), our OC would be a red flag to any juror actually buying into the "legal" definition, should we ever find ourselves in a must shoot (do or die) situation. How badly would THAT suck? Manslaughter would have been more appropriate. Pax...

Last edited:

Gil223

Oh and what of the other punk? The one that actually had the gun and fled...He turned states witness. YUP....got himself a DEAL and will be in some sort of juvenile facility until he turn.....NINETEEN. Meanwhile, the law abiding citizen who was just minding his own business is now sentenced to life?

And they call it a "Justice" system!

If you ever go to a criminal court expecting "justice" you will be sorely disappointed. We have replaced "justice" with law, which is what you get in a criminal court today. :shocker: Pax...

Beretta92FSLady

I have said to people when describing a self-defense shooting: Murder is one trigger pull away. If you don;t keep your emotions in-check in the heat of the moment, you will be found guilty of murder--definitely if you are on video or there are a number of witnesses. I can relate to the persons anger at havening to shoot, but you have to keep your head straight the whole time.

twoskinsonemanns

First degree murder is a good ruling but charged to the wrong guy, the second robber should have been the one charged.
This guy clearly acted emotionally and POSSIBLE outside the law. However here is this hard working stiff that is suddenly thrown into a position we he is required to fight for his very survival. I'm thankful this guy kept another criminal from causing more harm to good Americans. It's too bad it's going to cost him his freedom.
Jury nullification seems appropriate.