• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just called Trader Joes (University Place)

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Are you kidding? We've all been trying to tell you that we have the experience with open carry. Many of us have been doing this for a long time. We know what works and what doesn't.

How was I wrong in saying that you might learn something? A wise person realizes that they can always learn something new. What do you think, we're all just a bunch of punk kids with attitudes being disrespectful of our elders? Since you are new to this, relax. Sit back and see how it works around here. A lot of us on here are friends in person, not just on a message board. We know each other and have a sense of team. The new guy on the team should try to learn how the team works if he wants to be part of that team.

Yes, we here do think this is important. Since you signed up here I thought it was assumed that you think OC is important too.

I hope you can see the logic in not calling ahead. If you call ahead you just open it up for them to tell you "No" over the phone, which is usually easier for someone to do instead of in person.

I hope to meet you Saturday morning. :)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

69Charger wrote:
I learn by what reliable advice I get. When one relies on just hear say with nothing to back it up, I call it internet chatter. I hide from nothing. I learn from fact. My mind is open to that.
Is it a fact that no matter how old we come to be we may all learn something?

69Charger

imported post

I learn things every day. As far as the do not call ahead thing, I have yet to see any proof from any one that this is something that will bring bad relations upon the 2nd amendment supporting community. My reasoning stems from reading a lot of threads on many different forums, and finding them to be just talk. Not great info to live by. I have many friends in the internet community. If someone comes along with questions or a different Idea, we make them feel welcome and try to respond to them in a manner that does not make them feel like a know nothing newb. We find and support what is said with fact. Other wise every one would be the puppet on the string. If the fact that some want to be shown facts upsets or bewilders you, then there must be a lot of puppets on some ones string, around here. You ask me to hear what you have to say and learn it your way. I say prove it and there is no reason for me to need to question it again.
I am secure with my approach to things and have found this way to be the most reliable way to learn the truth.
And yep
See ya on Saturday:)
Dave

69Charger

imported post

Really I am a nice guy. :)
I just have this thing about facts.
And I'm kind of a germ a fobe too. :what:
LOL
Dave

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

69Charger,

You've been presented with the concepts by which many of us have been operating with for the last 5+ years (some of us discussing them here for that amount of time). I can remember when there was about 10 active posters in the WA forum, and a handful of others that would participate off-and-on. Now there are hundreds.

By your logic, the work that we (those of us that have been here for years) is not ample proof that we have seen FIRST HAND what works, by trial and error. Action is preceeded by concepts and thought. You are saying that you want proof where a phone-call has proven detrimental to the OC movement, and what we are telling you is that you are ahead of yourself. You are already wrong in how you are viewing the concept. Which is, the normalization of seeing legally-carried handguns in public all the time. We DON'T make this practice a big deal, until we have to defend it from those who would like to take away the legal practice. Why would we offer people to oppose it, before they see that it happens all the time and is no big deal.

You may understand the action, but you have yet to grasp the concept. Why don't we call all of the police departments where we all live and ask ifOC isOK? Because we know it is. So we don't call. Not asking permission for a legal activity. OC is the action that is very much linked to the concept of personal freedom. That's the concept. No "proof" of the concept besides hundreds of us that have operated under the conceptfor years....butaccording to you that'sno proof at all.

-G20

Kingfish

imported post

Um guys...

Take a look at Chargers avitar. I see a 1911 in an OWB rig being born OC!!!! I am not sure what you guys are seeing.

BACK ON TOPIC...
G17, have you heard back from the manager at TJ's?

Trigger Dr

imported post

If you had read the earlier post, April 30th

If I might give an example, My wife and I have been customers of a fish and chips place in Port Orchard ( King's) for several years. I have OC'd there each time with no comment. It is a place for frequent coffeestops for the local PD. Thinking this would be a goo place for a lunch meet up, I asked the owner how she would feel about my having a group of my friends there OCing. Her response was "This is a family restaurant, we know you so you are OK, but we don't want guns in here". We no longer are welcome there if armed, so we do not go there.

Would you call the PD and give them a heads up if you were going bowling, or hunting? it is something you are allowed to do, maybe not a "right" but permission is NOT required.

Welcome to the forum

[align=right]

69Charger wrote: [/b][/align]
I learn things every day. As far as the do not call ahead thing, I have yet to see any proof from any one that this is something that will bring bad relations upon the 2nd amendment supporting community. My reasoning stems from reading a lot of threads on many different forums, and finding them to be just talk. Not great info to live by. I have many friends in the internet community. If someone comes along with questions or a different Idea, we make them feel welcome and try to respond to them in a manner that does not make them feel like a know nothing newb. We find and support what is said with fact. Other wise every one would be the puppet on the string. If the fact that some want to be shown facts upsets or bewilders you, then there must be a lot of puppets on some ones string, around here. You ask me to hear what you have to say and learn it your way. I say prove it and there is no reason for me to need to question it again.
I am secure with my approach to things and have found this way to be the most reliable way to learn the truth.
And yep
See ya on Saturday:)
Dave

69Charger

imported post

I will make a public apology for stepping over the line with some of my posts. It wont happen again. I guess I am just getting a little mouthy as I get a little older.
Dave

OK just 1 more thing. When I called who I called I told them that this was going to happen. I did not ask permission. This is one of the things that has been mis understood from early in my thread.

Glock17

imported post

I recieved a message from Trader Joes today and thought I might transcribe the message that I got on my cell phone. I need some help from someone on this site if anyone is interested in the actual audio of the call. I did record it but it seems the file is to big to post here. Cheers

Yes hello Brett this is Micheal Crouse from Trader Joes, sir I wanted to get back to you
in regards to your question. After to talking to a few people and you know ... don't really
have that written policy type of thing but, but our stance really is we don't take a stance
on commenting on the law. We simply honour the law and go by the law. So in this case.. we
are going to go by the law. So, Hope that helps and I will talk to you soon Thanks Bye.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Glock17 wrote:
I recieved a message from Trader Joes today and thought I might transcribe the message that I got on my cell phone. I need some help from someone on this site if anyone is interested in the actual audio of the call. I did record it but it seems the file is to big to post here. Cheers

Yes hello Brett this is Micheal Crouse from Trader Joes, sir I wanted to get back to you
in regards to your question. After to talking to a few people and you know ... don't really
have that written policy type of thing but, but our stance really is we don't take a stance
on commenting on the law. We simply honour the law and go by the law. So in this case.. we
are going to go by the law. So, Hope that helps and I will talk to you soon Thanks Bye.

You probably got a big ass .wav file. Download "switch" and convert it to .mp3. You will see a HUGE size difference. btw "switch" is free.

Aaron1124

imported post

I'm surprised no one has come out and said "You're a traitor for calling Trader Joe's
for asking this question!"

I know. That was cheesy.

Glock17

imported post

I would hope thats a label that would never be placed at my door step. But if it is I would say show me the proof. And then if you can prove it I would re-evaluate my position and move on. I don't take anything anyone says with more then a grain of salt. Facts carry me through. And yes I am human so I get emotional from time to time like all people. Cheers

Glock17

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Glock17 wrote:

You probably got a big ass .wav file. Download "switch" and convert it to .mp3. You will see a HUGE size difference. btw "switch" is free.
Thanks for the tip hope this works. Cheers

brianstone1985

imported post

I am amazed that men who often call themselves patriots still shop at Wal Mart... If you do your research you will soon find how horrible they are for our country as a whole.

Although they do have some amazing prices their business practices make me want to vomit.

-B

Glock17

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
But you will have to remember, the law does not grant us rights over those of property owners. When a store says they follow the law, exactly what does that mean? When a store says that, I don't really take that as a commitment to support our right to bear arms, it just means to me that they won't post no guns signs in their store. I think some businesses feel more strongly about it than others. I can't imagine Starbuck's kicking us out, but we all know Wal Mart will in a heartbeat if another customer complains. (Well, kick our guns out, anyway, or ask us to conceal).

Good point. I didn't think about it from that angle. I don't go into Walmart very often but I have heard my share of stories about them playing God. They are a communist model store in my opinion. Worship all things the State and Walmart. Cheers

Not to mention in some of the stores they fly the Mexican flag. Which then they don't have the curtosy to fly the American flag too. Seems very strange to me. I like that video where that guy cuts down that guys flag were he is flying the Mexican flag above the American flag. Last time I checked that was illegal.