• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just emailed Henrico asking them to update inaccurate information on their web-site

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I am also a hunter, and while the gun laws in Virginia are moving in the correct direction, the hunting opportunites are not. Sunday Hunting is constantly shut down in the legislature. Lands, including public lands, which were formerly available for hunting are being shut down to hunters in order to turn the lands over to other recreational uses.

Welcome to the site!

acfreddie

Has anyone attempted to obtain a new concealed carry permit from Henrico County since July 1, 2012? If so have they been told their "proof of competency" is not up to standards, or have they been directed to submit finger print cards?

I went down there last week, cannot remember the exact day, so lets just call it the 1st week of September 2012. My first stop was the police station, they told me it was no longer required and to head to the clerk of courts (which I knew already but was nice of them to tell me where to go, they were very polite and helpful).
Got to the clerk of court, waited about 10 minutes in line to be called. I had the application pre-filled out. She did ask for my safety course/proficiency class/certificate (whatever you want to term or call it, showing that I had indeed taken a CHP class. She looked at it and accepted it without any delay, problems or issues. The lady I had assisting me was very helpful. The entire process took about 15-20 minutes. Now I'm just waiting around for my response/issuance of the license.

acfreddie

I went down there last week, cannot remember the exact day, so lets just call it the 1st week of September 2012. My first stop was the police station, they told me it was no longer required and to head to the clerk of courts (which I knew already but was nice of them to tell me where to go, they were very polite and helpful).
Got to the clerk of court, waited about 10 minutes in line to be called. I had the application pre-filled out. She did ask for my safety course/proficiency class/certificate (whatever you want to term or call it, showing that I had indeed taken a CHP class. She looked at it and accepted it without any delay, problems or issues. The lady I had assisting me was very helpful. The entire process took about 15-20 minutes. Now I'm just waiting around for my response/issuance of the license.

Just received my permit in the mail today (yeahhhhh). So the entire process for me took 24 calendar days total