• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just got kicked out of Walmart

aosailor

After a few polite emails over the Months and only one ignored email I finally got a time frame.

"We will contact you regarding this matter by mid week."

That was last week. Perhaps he meant this week? I'll give them until next Monday. I'm interested to see what will happen. Perhaps I can get a list of names of people who are also interested in what happens? Something to include in my next email maybe? What do you think?

Dear so&so,

We respectfully and patiently ask for the results of my complaint. There is 2,048 people I have listed below I am emailing on behalf of.

Adam Adams
~~~
Zoran Zoranian.

Thanks,
Sam

?? What do you think?

my name is Kyle Garrison... thats Garrison with 2 "r"s

Sam

of Mooresville? Great!
Anyone else feel free to inbox me your name and location if you feel comfortable. I will send everyone who decides to participate a draft of the email before I send it and won't send it until everyone agrees they are comfortable with the wording.

If for some reason you would feel more comfortable contacting me outside of OCDO one of my many email addresses is,

poop_on@myself.com

Yes it's a joke but it is also a legitimate email address. ^_^
(not the one I am using to contact the Gastonia Police. I have a professional sounding one for that.)

Sam

Got a letter from the Chief-o-Police. Very automated and vague. It told me to rest assure the problem has been handled...or something like that. I'll find it later.
It did include some kind of case number. I wonder if another FOIA would get me the results???

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Sam -- have you had any other issues in that Walmart store or in any other business in Gaston county since? I'm a couple of counties away but we could always organize an OC meetup...

Sam

I have not been back to that store yet. I moved and live closer to another one but still in Gastonia.
I got my conceal carry permit and pull my shirt over my weapon whenever I see a police officer in a store now. ^_^
If I am ever not in a rush to get somewhere, I'd gladly test the waters with a GCP Officer but I never seem to have any time to waste lately.
I would love to attend another OC meetup in or near Gastonia. The last one I attended had only 4 people show up (including me and my +1) yet 8 rsvp'd. =(

CarryHard

I have not been back to that store yet. I moved and live closer to another one but still in Gastonia.
I got my conceal carry permit and pull my shirt over my weapon whenever I see a police officer in a store now. ^_^
If I am ever not in a rush to get somewhere, I'd gladly test the waters with a GCP Officer but I never seem to have any time to waste lately.
I would love to attend another OC meetup in or near Gastonia. The last one I attended had only 4 people show up (including me and my +1) yet 8 rsvp'd. =(

Wow dude i read this whole story and
i have to say that is totally bull crap.

What wal-mart was it?
The one with best buy next to it?

I open carried in the wal-mart at belmont (shooters express one)
and didn't seem to have any problems...

We should have a meet up and then go shoot some rounds at the range :)

Officer Martin and Officer Woods tried to arrest me for no reason at the Gastonia Walmart about an hour ago. Woods approached me and asked if I minded putting my weapon in my car claiming multiple people have complained. I told him that was ridiculous "I've been here two minutes. Who could have possibly complained?" He refused to answer and asked again that leave my weapon in my car. When I told him I'd rather not and informed him someone from Walmart would have to ask me to leave, he began to threaten me with GATTTOTP. He asked me if I was familiar with that and I let him know I was. I also let Woods know that I was not doing this, I am familiar with Walmarts policy and I was doing nothing wrong. I explained "Peacably shopping with a holstered firearm is completley legal."

Woods seemingly impressed with my knowledge of our laws asked if I was a "lawyer or something." I said no, I read, a lot. After sending one officer to check the front door for a sign and one to call the magistrate he removed my weapon from my person and searched me for others. He never asked to search me, he simply said "Where's your button? I'm taking your gun."

After a woman officer claimed "Rush was too busy" (magistrate?) Woods began to get very upset. I told him this was a waste of my time and I would leave. He said he gave me a chance to leave before then proceeded to disarm me.

He took the cartridge from the chamber right there in the electronics department and told me to walk outside with them. Whilst walking Woods told me the manager said "he'd rather not have it in the store." We stood in front of the door and Martin and Woods both began to lecture me about weapon retention and I could get shot in the back with my own gun. After a moment I asked what we were waiting for andif I could go. Woods said "No you can't leave. I gave you a chance to and you refused didn't you?" Then he said he was waiting on a call from the judge. I asked "to see if I'm doing something illegal?" He said "No to see if I can charge you" Confused I asked his partner why he would want to charge me if I'm not doing anything illegal. He replied I don't know what happened when I walked away."

Officer Woods seemed very anxious to arrest me. He came back from a police car and said he checked the blue book and spoke to the magistrate. Both of them said he could arrest me for GATTTOTP. I said "Really? That goes against everything I've ever read" Woods explained he "'knew the law before I even saw you. I been in law enforcement 19years. You can't wear your gun like that in here" pointing at the Walmart. "Now, I can arrest you. The judge said so." He then pulled out his cellphone and showed me his call history. I could not see what it said but told him I believed he called. He then claimed he wasn't trying to be a "*****" or he would arrest me but I was being given a chance because he is really a nice guy he said.

They then walked me to my car, Woods handed me my firearm and I holstered it. Then Martin handed me my 10 pdx1's and my magazine and knife all seperate. I said thank you and offered to explain how baffling this was. I told Woods "What if someone came up to you and said 'Why did you stop at that red light? You are supposed to go!' How would you feel if they were serious and began threatning you with punishment?" The officers nodded yes and walked away.

I forgot to mention in the store when I explained that someone from Walmart had to ask me to leave Wood's claimed "It doesn't mattter. We are the police here. We trump all wherever we are at."

I'm way too tired to deal with this. Someone tell me what to do? I have had a very bad day even before Walmart. But I'm tired of typing on this little phone. I will tell the rest later, its a Thanksgiving for the books. Any and all help is welcome. I really think the officer lied about having permission to arrest me because I can tell he reeeealy wanted to. He probably lied about what the manager said too because he told me what the manager said without ever talking to them or the officer that had the manager called.

what does GATTTOTP mean ?

Smith45acp

Got a letter from the Chief-o-Police. Very automated and vague. It told me to rest assure the problem has been handled...or something like that. I'll find it later.
It did include some kind of case number. I wonder if another FOIA would get me the results???

I don't mean to be pessimistic but...

I don't think you're going to have ANY luck getting ANY useful feedback on the results of the 'internal' investigation of the complaint.

At least that was my experience in Cary. And I got handled a little worse than you did. Literally no one would even tell me if the officers were found in accordance with policy or not. That was more important to know than what action may or may not have been taken against them.

This is why people sue...