• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just got my new sig...

DamonK

I've seen some pretty narly stuff happen with glocks that have had internal work done. Not a huge deal, if you don't plan to have anything done. But I like my guns to be made out of metal please and thank you. Oh, and I'm trying a desantis IWB holster. It's ok, but not near as comfy as any of the ways that I open carry.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

DamonK

Finally got a chance to shoot it today along with the AR15 I finally got around to finishing and my trusty 1911 for good measure. I gotta say, for a less than 4 inch barrel, it's very accurate. And it ate both cheap stuff and good quality. And man is it easy to shoot quickly. I love my 1911, and when I feel the need to drop bowling pins at 65 yards(no joke, two hand unsupported) the 1911 is deffinately the gun I'm reaching for. But for capacity, weight, and combat effectiveness, I may have a new favorite carry... I'll be shooting it a lot more in the next two days, so we shall see. Oh, and my AR has a slight problem... It's getting kinda boring. It was fun at first to ring the 250 yard gong at the tacoma sportsman's club, but the guys with the fancy ARs with the fancy scopes are starting to get mad at me with my carry handle gong song. :D Not to brag or anything...

Vitaeus

Both wife and I have Sig's and really enjoy them. My 2022 is a bit finicky on ammo, I have serious issues with steel jacketed ammo from Tula. Her P226 shoots them smooth as silk.

twoskinsonemanns

Both wife and I have Sig's and really enjoy them. My 2022 is a bit finicky on ammo, I have serious issues with steel jacketed ammo from Tula. Her P226 shoots them smooth as silk.

What kind of issues. I've got about (IIRC) 800-900 rounds through my 2022 and cannot get it to fail once. Tula, Wolf, Winchester, Blazer. Not one single fail.

Vitaeus

We bought some steel jacketed ammo online from Tula and my 2022 would fail to eject before feeding the next round about every three rounds, went back to brass and haven't seen a repeat. The gunsmith's downstairs at Bullseye were very helpful.

twoskinsonemanns

We bought some steel jacketed ammo online from Tula and my 2022 would fail to eject before feeding the next round about every three rounds, went back to brass and haven't seen a repeat. The gunsmith's downstairs at Bullseye were very helpful.

Just for clarification sake it was stove piping? Or not extracting from the chamber?

Phoenix David

And it's friggin' awesome! $417 for a lightly used p226. And I'll be open carrying it almost as much as I carry my 1911. :-D

Sig Sauer are bad guns to buy.

Next thing you know you'll have another and then another and then you can't stop there cause 3 is an odd number and you have to buy another, but then you have four and you take one to the range then there is a odd number in the safe so you have to buy another.

It's just a vicious circle. :monkey

Superduty

Congrats on the Sig. By the way Guys and Gals, Glocks rule. There are more Glocks in use than the rest.
I like them all (Sig, 1911s .....)but I had to put in something for Glocks. Yes, I carry 2 Glocks G21 and G30. G21 is on my
hip and the other is a secret.
The important part is we all carry. :)

I love my G36,

But in all honesty. The g36 or any other glock can't hold a candle to my Springfield TRP on accuracy, and slide fit.

Shane

Last edited: